Pitbulls NT are they worth it?

Pitbull's are great dogs, there softer then my shihtzu when treated correct. i want one in the future or one mixed with a corso. when i get a backyard two of them,one dog seems so lonely

why are they made out to more prone to aggressive acts than other breeds?

I am still trying to figure this out...nobody around my area has any pits so I wouldn't know anything about them.

I never had one before the one I have now...he's a male blue nose...2 and a half years now. Best dog I've ever had or seen but of course I'd say that lol.
They are the smart, protective, and VERY obedient if you take the time with them when they are young...
some pics of my dude:

It really is all in how you raise it, but if you see signs of severe aggression as a pup...well that's hard to change IMO.

If you don't got the time to raise it well or don't have it in your mental to trust it I wouldn't bother..they really pick up on your vibes

I have a Pit/Boxer mix. When I am out with him people definitely try to avoid him, but he is the most affectionate dog I've ever seen.

BTW, Pit bull dog breeds will no longer be automatically considered vicious in Ohio
pimp.gif

I love my pitt. They are one of the most loyal and smartest breeds. They are prone to have knee problems. Ive talked to other owners who have encountered the same issues. Mine had to have knee surgery and also had cysts removed from her ovaries.

rmK all I can say is DAW!!! I'm living with my rents until I finish school (lord knows how long that will take). They are totally cool about it, we get along pretty well and I help out. My dad lost his @%$% when I told him I wanted to bring him a pit puppy. He is very ignorant to the breed and set in his ways.

Got a pitbull/bassett hound mix....love her, its interesting to see her temperment change but she's loyal/loving.

Pitbulls are awesome dogs. I see so many of them at the shelter here in Philly. It's a shame that they have such bad stereotypes associated with them, because most are very loving, loyal dogs. I would take a pitbull any day over some little yippy dog.

Dog fighting pitbulls are raised to be evil. It is not their fault. It is the scum that force them to fight.

Yes, they have a lot of energy and will require you to walk and play with them, but I couldn't recommend them more highly.  Rescue one from your local shelter.  You won't regret it.

I always wanted one but the media makes me afraid of them, smh.. even though I have plenty of friends who have had them..

How does a pit's loyalty/behavior/aggressiveness compare to a boxer?

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

I always wanted one but the media makes me afraid of them, smh.. even though I have plenty of friends who have had them..

How does a pit's loyalty/behavior/aggressiveness compare to a boxer?

Please don't listen to the media.
I was out with this guy on Wednesday.  Seriously the sweetest dog I ever met.  I wish I could have took him home.

img20120222173459.jpg

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

why are they made out to more prone to aggressive acts than other breeds?

I am still trying to figure this out...nobody around my area has any pits so I wouldn't know anything about them.

Pitbulls aren't born any more aggressive than any other dog.  However, because of their build/strength, they have what scum consider to be ideal bodies for fighting.  And since pitbulls are most associated with dog fighting, they have received the negative stereotype from uninformed people.

Yes pitbulls get a bad rep, and streotyped so wrong in the media , from throat slashing to violent dog fights . It's bad , pitbulls when raised right can b very loyal and the most amazing dogs ever , I haven't had a dog since grade school , and had the chance to get a pitbull bluenose . I went and checked them out there where about 10-12 of them all puppies 3 wks old and I took one of the bigger ones all gray with blue eyes . Now a year later I couldndt b happier with my boy Mr. Jackson:smile: , he's very playful with other dogs friendly with kids and adults , it all comes down to how there raised and socialized , don't b afraid of them very , yes they are strong and get hyper like any dog , u just need to b firm and remind them ur in change , I will post pics later

OP do you/did you have a rotti and if so Why switch to a pit? I got a rotti, my gpa got a pit. both great
edit- just fully read. i say keep the pup 
smile.gif

Yea pits are awesome! If you get one and cant handle it, call Cesar Millan. He will know what to do.

A couple of years ago at my cousin's apartment courtyard, this chinese dude let his HUGE pitbull out of his car, which ran towards my cousin's friend and ripped half the meat from her leg.
frown.gif
A couple of months later the same girl's parents were shot by a mugger outside of their apartment complex.

Nevertheless, I love pitbulls. If I had the option I'd get a German Shephard. Best dog there is imo.

Pitbulls are good dogs when raised and loved accordingly. They can pick up vibes like no other breed.

you guys make pitts seem so cool a part of me wants one...not necessarily a pitt but still...
dont think ill ever get over the time i was bit when i was little (rott) and my bro was bit by a pitt...maybe we just have had bad luck
laugh.gif

Pitbull are great dogs if you train and socialize them as pups. I had a pitbull he died this past Nov. of cancer. He was an awsome dog and I stil miss him. I'm think of get another pitbull by years end.
Here is a video by Amimal Plant T.V on Pitbulls

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

rmK all I can say is DAW!!! I'm living with my rents until I finish school (lord knows how long that will take). They are totally cool about it, we get along pretty well and I help out. My dad lost his @%$% when I told him I wanted to bring him a pit puppy. He is very ignorant to the breed and set in his ways.

I was actually still living at home with my dad when I brought home my pitbull puppy. He had never been around them and was big on their stereotypes. He even suggested I find it a home soon after I brought it home. But once he fell in love with it, it was a wrap lol. He let me keep it there until I was ready to move out, by then my dog was almost 2 years old.

My uncle is a breeder and I have had mine fr almost 3 years now..dog cracks me up every day..Like everyone stated take them around other dogs early in life and there good.. you MUST take them out to run/play every single day or they get really hard to handle. just a very high energy dog. if you jog/run/hike these are the dogs for you they got energy for days. as long as you are a firm resposible owner it will be the best puppy you ever had. wouldn't trade mine for anything.

I love pits. I had 2, an all white red nose and a brindle. This time i will getting a blue nose. I really looking for a pitbull breeder not one who breeds bullies.

Back
Top Bottom