Pilipinos are great singers/musicians

^Ramiele is not that fine in person. American Idol did a great job of fixing her up. She's attractive, yes, but it was a letdown meeting her in person.(Several times, she's pretty cool though)

But yeah, my Filipino people are mad talented. However, I fit the mold of not being able to play an instrument/sing.

EDIT: I can hoop though.

Pilipino
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

cant believe dudes didnt sing more than words!!! thats that filipino default song when a guitar is in the vicinity. hahah

Filipinos in the PI say "Pilipino" so I don't get what the big deal is about.

I don't sing/play music/dance either
frown.gif

Edit to clarify things:

Pilipino = Born in the PI
Filipino = Filipino-American

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

More like a guitar.

Pianos are a staple in everyone's home. Most of the time, it's just there to occupy a large space in your living room.

and yes, us Filipinos love our music.

just recently, one of the rap pioneers passed away...the whole nation mourned. just proves on how music influences our culture.
I used to listen to him as a kid. I was surprised that he passed away at a young age.

As far as instruments at my parent's house is concerned...My brother has a piano, I have a couple of acoustic guitars, and my dad has a congo set.

One thing i've learned is that even if you are a filipino who cant sing a lick, your fam always got your back saying you got skills haha.

Can anyone tell me why that guy on wowowee is so popular? He's garbage imo.

Originally Posted by ellimaCecyoJ

I don't sing/play music/dance either
frown.gif

Edit to clarify things:

Yea and filipinos in the philippines say pree, pantastic, and puck you too

Yo are you for real with that spelling? But at that piano comment, if it's not a piano, it's an acoustic guitar or two.

* Flipinos

I reckon he was making a joke on the accent.

Filipino----English

Pilipino----Tagalog, Ilocano, Pangalatot, Bicolano, Visaya, and the rest of the 78+ official dialects of the Philippines

Oh, damn, I thought Pilipino was the OG spelling.

That's because it is.

Is it true every Pilipino home has a piano?

No.....And for those Filipinos who have one but cant play one...... it's just for show......being boastful with materialistic things...for visitors to seeat their home.....sad but true. A Filipino home with a piano with someone actually knowing to play it is actually rare.

charice can sing

Yup. So can Arnel Pineda of the US band Journey. Check out their duet "Alone"

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I believe I'm the only Filipino with no musical talent...
ohwell.gif
Word. I feel the same way too.

I can't sing or play an instrument that well. And to think of it, I'm a pretty crappy dancer as well.
laugh.gif
dang I feel you guys. I'm decent at guitar and I'm an okay singer but my friends' are all amazing so whenever there's a jam session, I'm just sitting there like
eyes.gif
At least you have something to contribute. During one of those sessions, I'm the dude in the corner sleeping.
Don't worry Justin man...I have zero musical abilities too.

Oh and here's my favorite Filipina singer...Lea Salonga. A whole new world
pimp.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/pi_Ocd9IALc&hl=en&fs=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/pi_Ocd9IALc&hl=en&fs=1

Originally Posted by armfizzle

One thing i've learned is that even if you are a filipino who cant sing a lick, your fam always got your back saying you got skills haha.

Can anyone tell me why that guy on wowowee is so popular? He's garbage imo.

...i exactly don't know why willie revillame is so hyped up
laugh.gif
he's just a very much recognizable dude in the Philippines due to Wowowee's superpopularity.
but imo Eat Bulaga > Wowowee & GMA > TFC

Originally Posted by ellimaCecyoJ

Edit to clarify things:

Even I knew that.

The local Filipino males basketball team has PILIPINAS on their jersey too.

Is that one singer I forgot who it is. But he or she has a thin mustache plucked eyebrows and makeup with a big plow of hair lol dunno if he is filipino but Iseen someones screenname pic and its pic was of him lol who is this clown lol if I seen him in person I'd laugh the whole time.

Is that one singer I forgot who it is. But he or she has a thin mustache plucked eyebrows and makeup with a big plow of hair lol dunno if he is filipino but Iseen someones screenname pic and its pic was of him lol who is this clown lol if I seen him in person I'd laugh the whole time.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

more Lea, audition with the great Claude... thats why Disney keeps going to her.
is she the one that signs for the little mermaid?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom