Pierce, Stevenson fined $25,000 each for 'menacing gestures'

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Question: Since everyone and their mother pretty much knows what Pierce's "menacing" hand gestures meant, does he (Pierce) stand to lose any endorsements due to his blatant display of gang allegiance? Obviously there are PLENTY of athletes who rep gangs/etc...however, how bad of a look is it to corporate america (your endorsers) when you are throwin' up signs? I've heard rumors that Pierce was affiliated, but this was the first time I've seen him rep his gang. Has he done this in the past, or has he just gotten cocky since his squad is good this year?

He won't be hurt. It wasn't a big enough issue to be blown up, and it hasn't, so much people (read: mainstream America) don't even knowwhat it means. So he'll be fine...

Now,

If Paul was smart he'd just say he was putting up a 3 for boston....some people think that's all he was doin anyway

^^Allen3xis, in Boston their tryna spin it and say he does it to mean "Blood, Sweat, & Tears" lol...he's supposedly been doing this inevery introduction this year tho...thats what Danny Ainge is running with right now too...

if it wasnt for the fact of this ever-growing trend of everybody flagging red (*!%+ has turned into a fashion trend past few years), and him being from Calianyway, it'd be easier to believe...
or you on The Hit Squad... We rep that Black and Gold all didday

of course
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah..I hadn't heard that..

With the Boston thing...I'm sayin puttin 3's up...it's a Boston thing...like how Adidas are worn.

How about "You still have three games to win, chump... I don'e beat you two times already, fool, that's just one time lets play again!"

Nobody ever thought about that one, eh?

david stern about to start a nba gang task force, and start photographing tattoos, smh

BOSTON -- Celtics forward Paul Pierce, fined $25,000 for what the NBA called a "menacing gesture" during Game3 of Boston's playoff series against Atlanta, denied that the sign was gang-related.

"I 100 percent do not in any way promote gang violence or anything close to it," Pierce said in a statement issued Wednesday before Game 5 of theseries. "I am sorry if it was misinterpreted that way at Saturday's game."

The league fined Pierce for flashing a hand gesture toward Atlanta's AlHorford, holding up his right hand, forming an "O" with his thumb and index finger and extending the other three fingers. Althoughthe gesture has been interpreted as a gang sign, Celtics basketball boss Danny Ainge said the three fingers represented "blood, sweat and tears."
laugh.gif

tell'em Danny Boy....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

BOSTON -- Celtics forward Paul Pierce, fined $25,000 for what the NBA called a "menacing gesture" during Game 3 of Boston's playoff series against Atlanta, denied that the sign was gang-related.

"I 100 percent do not in any way promote gang violence or anything close to it," Pierce said in a statement issued Wednesday before Game 5 of the series. "I am sorry if it was misinterpreted that way at Saturday's game."

The league fined Pierce for flashing a hand gesture toward Atlanta's Al Horford, holding up his right hand, forming an "O" with his thumb and index finger and extending the other three fingers. Although the gesture has been interpreted as a gang sign, Celtics basketball boss Danny Ainge said the three fingers represented "blood, sweat and tears."
laugh.gif

tell'em Danny Boy....
laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

blood sweat and tears the guy said
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
At stern and tiger getting put on

Although the gesture has been interpreted as a gang sign, Celtics basketball boss Danny Ainge said the three fingers represented "blood, sweat and tears."
Yeah, Ainge really knows what it means.
eyes.gif

At least dont try to play us dumb by keeping the Blood in "Blood, sweat and tears". Should of said it meant "Boston's sweat and tears"or something else with a letter "B". I bet Ainge would try to tell us a "Crip Walk" is really means a Crip-pled person's dance orthat calling someone "Cuz" mean you are addressing them as your cousin.

Back
Top Bottom