PICS of KU G Rodrick Stewart's knee injury (not for those with weak stomachs)...

This is not Rod's x-ray, but here is what a fractured patella looks like in an x ray. It breaks in half and the tendons contract pulling the two halvesapart and the space in between makes the pit.

med-cell-knee14.jpg

He is gonna have surgery as soon as he gets back. From what I have heard, with the proper rehabilitation he should have a full recovery.

-Rodrick Stewart said the fans chanting his name late got to him, and was a large part of the reason he was in tears, sitting behind the KU bench with his legpropped up. He said his knee was in pretty significant pain, too.-

omg that makes me skin crawl just lookin at it...hopefully he'll be 100% after rehab and he'll be able to go over seas somewhere and continue hiscareer..cuz I remember him and his brother...rod and lod...they were filthy at rainer beach...I remember their junior years it was those two and naterobinson...as yall could imagine that ended up winning state lol..

The Twins were SERIOUS back in HS...they used to pull off some of the most amazing !#*# I had seen at the time.

Ive seen Worse but thats bad.
Id rather break a bone than tear ligaments tho
anyone ever witnessed first hand a compound fracture where the bone breaks and comes thru the skin?

anyone ever witnessed first hand a compound fracture where the bone breaks and comes thru the skin?

not a knee injury, but isn't that what happened to Ewing when he was playing for the Knicks?

Or was it just a dislocated bone... I remember he tore his wrist ligaments though
sick.gif

GUNNA GET IT wrote:.
Id rather break a bone than tear ligaments tho
Yup (and I've broken my collarbone/ankle)... worst pain of my life was when I was in 5th grade and playin tag on the playground. I jumped over oneof these little cement tubes we had (to crawl through or whatever) and this really fat kid didn't see me and jumped over too. I was propped up with mywrist and when he landed on me I heard a crunch/rip and the back of my fingers touched my forearm. I ended up tearing ALL of the tendons/ligaments in mywrist... had rehab for a year. My wrist *still* pops and makes funny noises when I move it.

I hope dude can make a full recovery.

Wow......didn't realize it was that bad.......so his knee never hit the ground? stupid NCAA why the crap is the floor got a wet spot?

Win this for Rod Jayhawks.........

It looks like someone held a piece of paper in one hand, and punched into it leaving the knuckle print in the paper..........I hope he was a scholar, causethere is no coming back from that

GUNNA GET IT:Id rather break a bone than tear ligaments tho
Chester McFloppy:
Yup (and I've broken my collarbone/ankle)... worst pain of my life was when I was in 5th grade and playin tag on the playground. I jumped over one of these little cement tubes we had (to crawl through or whatever) and this really fat kid didn't see me and jumped over too. I was propped up with my wrist and when he landed on me I heard a crunch/rip and the back of my fingers touched my forearm. I ended up tearing ALL of the tendons/ligaments in my wrist... had rehab for a year. My wrist *still* pops and makes funny noises when I move it.

I hope dude can make a full recovery.

Ouch! Just THINKING about all the ligaments in my wrist being torn is...
embarassed.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

And apparently you guys are right about preferring a broken bone over a torn ligament. I've only done one (torn ligaments), but I've torn 3 ligaments,2 of them completely (I've torn both of my ACLs, all the way through). And every time I'm around friends that have done both (torn a ligament ANDbroken a bone), they say that the ligament tear was more excruciating, more intense (of course, none of my friends have gone through... like... 'SEVEREbone breaks, like through the skin or anything; just your regular broken arms and what not). Every time they're talking about broken bones and I mentionthat I'm lucky because I've never broken a bone but I've torn ligaments 3 times, I usually get a response like 'Dude, I'd rather break abone that tear something.'

Career threating over a wet spot
smh.gif

A very freak accident. Hope he makes a full recovery, that looks awful.

That is so sad...

I mean damn..what a way to go out.

All I can do is SHM....

Damn shame.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here: this was a freak accident. It's not NCAA's fault, and it's not the fault of the the mopper-guyswith those round mop-things.

How often does this happen? How often does a player... NBA, NCAAM, NCAAW, etc.... slip on a wet spot? I'm not even talking about being injured; I'mtalking about just slipping PERIOD.

We pretty much never see it. They do a great... FANTASTIC... job of keeping things dry as soon as a player falls down or multiple players fall down (word toGinobili, Vlade, and Raja Bell); they are right there, mopping it up.

He was in practice, right? Do they even have those mopper guys in practice? If not, THEN I can maybe see how this could be the NCAAs fault.

Back
Top Bottom