Photos from the inner-city liquor store I work at

The socks
roll.gif

MPLSdunk wrote:
i know where he is but i wont blow up his spot. 
laugh.gif

my boy works at a liquor store in the burbs and it isn't any different from your spot. dudes coming in so drunk they piss themselves.

laugh.gif
oh really?

I know exactly where that is, 
roll.gif
CVS on the corner and on the outskirts of downtown made it pretty easy.

There are some characters over there, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

MPLSdunk wrote:
i know where he is but i wont blow up his spot. 
laugh.gif

my boy works at a liquor store in the burbs and it isn't any different from your spot. dudes coming in so drunk they piss themselves.

laugh.gif
oh really?

i mean i can travel right?
laugh.gif

but yeah, we don't have bullet proof glass in the liquor stores here since they close at 10.  but all the gas stations sure do. 

Originally Posted by Yeah

I know exactly where that is, 
roll.gif
CVS on the corner and on the outskirts of downtown made it pretty easy.

There are some characters over there, that's for sure.

laugh.gif
 you know it, then. I wasn't sure how to explain the customer demographics there. A mix of hipsters, old people, thugs, Somalians, and mostly just your standard alcoholics.

I feel like that CVS somehow has worse customers, though 
indifferent.gif
 what is it about that neighborhood that makes psychotic homeless people flock there?

I heard the neighborhood was crazy back in the day, though. In the 80's the owner used to come in with a strap and a bat under the desk, shootings and crack everywhere, etc

I've always thought it would be fun to work at a liquor store
laugh.gif

Next time I go into one I might have to ask if they're hiring.

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

indifferent.gif
 what is it about that neighborhood that makes psychotic homeless people flock there?
I heard the neighborhood was crazy back in the day, though. In the 80's the owner used to come in with a strap and a bat under the desk, shootings and crack everywhere, etc
Yeah man. A lot of that stuff was happening in the early 90s as well, back when they called the city "Murderapolis." It's mostly just being in Downtown, dude. Minneapolis' downtown is one of the most densely populated downtown areas in the nation, and coupled with Minnesota having one of the biggest income gaps in the nation, well...
ohwell.gif

Mostly the drugs though, man. Low key, there is major weight in the city.

lulz it would dope if you continue to update this thread with new pics OP
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

indifferent.gif
Yeah man. A lot of that stuff was happening in the early 90s as well, back when they called the city "Murderapolis." It's mostly just being in Downtown, dude. Minneapolis' downtown is one of the most densely populated downtown areas in the nation, and coupled with Minnesota having one of the biggest income gaps in the nation, well...
ohwell.gif

Mostly the drugs though, man. Low key, there is major weight in the city.
Man there are an absurd amount of fiends/goons downtown. Every bus stop you get asked for money for "sandwiches" or "bus fare." That bus line from downtown through Nicollet (the 17 and 18) has so much trash on there every day. 

And I'm talking about every race, white/black/hispanic/native. We get these crazy white alcoholics downtown just sucking down pints of vodka like water 
indifferent.gif

The crackheads are annoying as hell. I got that Idgaf attitude after dealing with them so long. I'm a straight ++# now when they try and hot me up for money.

These are the original kind of threads General has been lacking the last couple of years. I'm dying at some of these pics.
roll.gif

The possible reemergence of NT General's "My Block _______"?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom