Penny Foamposite One Candy Blue

some dude on the train had these on, except...

it had a swoosh like the pro's and the laces were regular flat laces (easily explained).

He thought he was doing it.

I know plenty of people that buy from VMVinc, their shoes are legit and fine... The big beef started when they had the concord release. Early release sites sold pairs early with a translucent toe cap, and when release day came the RD pairs had a milky toe, so it sparked a huge issue and blowback and basically shut down air randy and some other sites. People had no problem buying from those guys before hand tho, honestly I don't see an issue buying shoes from them, specially nike shoes. People say they sell grey market shoes... It's all personal preference. But this discussion belongs in the grey market thread, so I'm not gonna debate it here.

shoes are not b grades

the shoes vmvinc sells are shoes that are made outside nike factories
with scrap materials

air randy is more legit then vmvinc

i dont mind b grades

i dont like shoes that have a heavy glue smell and peeling paint after one light wear

legit jordan 3's have the paint flaking after 2 3 wears the most
vivminc jordan black/cement faked on me after i had them on for less then 3 hours when i first got the shoe 2 years ago and still have a heavy glue smell almost 2 years later

Last edited:
I think the blue sole is a nice touch, it will also prevent yellowing. The sample has an ice sole and lighter grey, the general release looks way better with the darker wolf grey and blue trans sole, IMO. Quality with foams has been consistent, all shoes have little quality control issues, that's unavoidable. But Nike and foams are no where near comparable to Jordan brand as far as subpar quality and defects. I don't mind paying $220 for foams, honestly it just weeds out less serious buyers.

I think these would look horrible with a black sole, it wouldn't match that blue or grey at all...would'nt make sense on this shoe.

Sample:
View media item 460055
Release Pair: That blue is so dope, people are gonna regret sleeping on these just like the Suns.
View media item 460056

+1 the darker grey and the blue trans sole is much better. At first wasn't into them, now thinking about copping 2 pairs

nike really had to f$#@ me over by moving these up from september.....ill find a vnds pair......keep me in mind size 9 210$

I think the blue sole is a nice touch, it will also prevent yellowing. The sample has an ice sole and lighter grey, the general release looks way better with the darker wolf grey and blue trans sole, IMO. Quality with foams has been consistent, all shoes have little quality control issues, that's unavoidable. But Nike and foams are no where near comparable to Jordan brand as far as subpar quality and defects. I don't mind paying $220 for foams, honestly it just weeds out less serious buyers.

I think these would look horrible with a black sole, it wouldn't match that blue or grey at all...would'nt make sense on this shoe.

Sample:

Release Pair: That blue is so dope, people are gonna regret sleeping on these just like the Suns.
The Phoenix joints are light years better than these. I won't regret not copping. These look boring as hell.

another great plus foamposite before the crazy inspired "custom foams" release

i got my pair today for $310.00

i see a lot of people complaining about the shoe but i bet come release day these will be copped by the haters

tn_1340301986_reaction_face.gif

These are sick hope I can cop 2 please. Sucks Nike/JB puts releases on the same day now and foams come out every month or twice a month.

From what i know, the quality is steady. My oldest pair is the 09 royals, and my newest is the white outs, but in comparison to older pairs, I'd have to say they are keeping up. Definitely not pulling a JB.

the quality of foams? SOME of the more recent foams have a softer foam feel than the older ones, the grooves may be more profound and the cut of the shoe itself seems to get lower and lower.

But the over all quality of the foamposite continues to remain solid, unlike JB.

I really wish nike wouldve made these a north carolina blue instead :\

From the couple pairs I have, aside from softer foam with less defined grooves and a lower cut, I'd say the craftsmanship is what's been suffering the most.

All my foams from 97-09 have a flush sole, meaning the clear sole lines up perfectly with the herringbone and it's a flat surface. Since 09 they seem to be becoming more and more uneven and sometimes there will be a slight curve or "twist" to the sole. The worst are probably my stealths where it is literally almost teetering when placed on the ground.

But hey maybe I'm just getting crappy pairs.

Back
Top Bottom