PayPal gift scam HELP

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Craigslist..concords..$200..paypal gift payment...you deserved to get scammed

If you paid with a cc you should be able to do a chargeback though

This.

But damn, sent him the payment as a gift?
indifferent.gif

sorry man $200 for concords on craiglist. you must have been desperate.
lh7bm.gif

hopefully you get the money back

U COMPLETELY deserve to get ripped off. Trying to buy concords for retail+tax??? instead of adding 150 to that 200 and securing a pair.. Now ur at -200U just bought that dude his pair. Lol. Like the other guy said 1+1=2 EVERYTIME

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Sorry, you essentially signed all propriety of that $200 away when you elected to send the money as a "gift."

Legally, there is nothing that the credit card company or Paypal can do about it. All the correspondence in the world has nothing to do with the "gift" that you sent.

R.I.P. OP, you got hustled brah

Wrong. Op will get his money back with ease through his cc company now lock this trash up

dope thanks. shipped it with sig confirmation to confirmed address so should be good.

ps. why would u send as gift? i noticed couple days ago, even gift option charges that pp fee. why risk, without saving anyone anything?

Haven't used PayPal/eBay in years but keep seeing these "gift" payments on NT. how are you suppose to send it just curious cause NT keeps getting scammed. And OP I got a iPhone 4S for $75 NIB, wassup bro.

Sorry man.
Why do people pay as a gift?
You send a gift for your momma.

Originally Posted by KMante

Sorry man.
Why do people pay as a gift?
You send a gift for your momma.

because they are stupid and people used to do it this way to avoid the 4% fee and were too cheap to add it onto the payment but PayPal now takes the fees out for gift payments anyway; OP needs to pay more attention in those ITT Tech business classes.

Originally Posted by CobaltSS

I made the stupid decision to purchase a pair of Concords for $200 on Craigslist. Buyer seemed legit, sent me pictures, agreed to take back the shoes in case I was not satisfied. On my wrongdoing, I sent him the payment as a gift through PayPal. He said he would ship them out Tuesday morning. On Monday, I emailed him about the tracking number, arrival date, etc. He has failed to respond. PayPal was able to contact him, and he says he hasn't shipped them out yet and he is continuing to not respond to me. In other words, I feel that I am getting scammed. As a result, PayPal is currently monitoring his account. However, I have heard that PayPal is really of no help in this situation. I have kept every single email that he has sent since that email address is linked to his PayPal account. I have already filed a dispute with my credit card company. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
mad.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How people still fall for this is beyone me. Especially when it's getting concords for about $10 over retail.

Back
Top Bottom