Paulo Coelho Appreciation vol. This man changed my life

I'm sure most of you guys know who he is. I just recently bought a bunch of his books, and my goal is to read all of them one after another to get a full understanding of his work. I just got done with The Zahir, and i'm reading The Alchemist right now. 

What book do you guys think I should read next?

Also, after reading his books all other books don't seem as intriguing  as Paulo's books.

Discuss his books here 
glasses.gif

Professor Quamé at UC Berkeley put my on The Alchemist. Definitely one of the best books I have ever read. I will look into some of his other work. What do you suggest OP?

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

Professor Quamé at UC Berkeley put my on The Alchemist. Definitely one of the best books I have ever read. I will look into some of his other work. What do you suggest OP?

If you have the "Plus" version of The Alchemist, there is a tree of books, and I'm following that. If you have ever loved and lost someone i strongly recommend The Zahir.

Synopsis of The Alchemist?

I've never heard of this author. Does he write fiction? Nonfiction? Info?

Originally Posted by TheRoyalAirness27

Originally Posted by hymen man

The Alchemist is wonderful, I gotta read The Zahir next.
defintely man, also look into The Fifth Mountain, and Eleven Minutes
Can I get a quick idea of what the Zahir is about?

Originally Posted by TheRoyalAirness27

The Alchemist is wonderful, I gotta read The Zahir next.
defintely man, also look into The Fifth Mountain, and Eleven Minutes
Can I get a quick idea of what the Zahir is about?

It's about a man who loses his wife, and pretty much becomes obsessed with her. It is all he thinks about for about 2 years. He meets the dude his wife ran away with, and the man teaches him about the energy of love. He then shows him where his wife is...

book is slow at hte beginning, but after about half way through the pages start flying by

Originally Posted by majik214

Synopsis of The Alchemist?

I've never heard of this author. Does he write fiction? Nonfiction? Info?

He writes mostly fiction, even though he has a couple autobiographical pieces. His stories are usually about the magical aspects of life

"Language of the Universe," "Energy Of Love," but they things that are very easy to understand. HIs style is very free, with a lot of dialogue.

He holds the record for most translated book. (The Alchemist)

im gonna say this to the day i die. the alchemist is overrated.

i cannot fathom the sort of life you have if reading THAT book "changes your life."

sorry if it offends you but hey, that's just my opinion.

Someone post that tree of books. I want to know what book I should start with
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i cannot fathom the sort of life you have if reading THAT book "changes your life."
I have to agree with the 1st statement.
good read.  Not exactly Pulitzer prize winning though.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

I have to agree with the 1st statement.
good read.  Not exactly Pulitzer prize winning though.

Recommend me a book Dirty. I would love to get into a good read. I haven't picked up a book for leisure in quite some time now.  

I've read most of his book. Just started 11 minutes again, my favourite contemprorary author right now.

Back
Top Bottom