Pastor Creflow Dollar is asking for 60 million to purchase new G6 to spread the gospel across the gl

Deuteronomy 22:28, 29
(28) If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, (29) he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

I havent raped anyone or havent come into that situation to apply that judgement. And prayerfully I won't have to.

All I do is try to keep the commands, but Im human just like you, and can fall short. Doesnt make me better or worse, it just means Im willing to do what is asked in obediance to my heavenly father. He is the ultimate authority in my eyes. Not the man made systems of this world.

Last edited:
Am I to take your reply to mean that there are verses that only apply to those who fit that criteria detailed in the verse? And since you don't fit the criteria, that verse doesn't necessarily apply to you?

Fixed.

That last sentence doesn't negate how subjective the rationale is 'My religion is real. Others are not' when one is a member of a religion.

Christianity is unique because it makes several claims that others do not. First, all other religions exhort man to reach up to God and grasp hold of Him through their own efforts. Christianity is the only religion where God reaches down to man. Second, other religions are systems of do’s and don’ts to appease God; whereas Christianity is a relationship with God. Third, Christianity looks to the Bible as the singular source of Truth. Finally, Christ's resurection.

As to the first issue, other forms of religion subscribe to a system of works—those we should do and those we should avoid—which will make us “good enough” to please God and merit His favor. Christianity, on the other hand, is based on the biblical principle that we can never be good enough to be in the presence of a perfect, Holy God. The Mosaic Law was given to mankind to prove to us that we can’t keep it. There is no way a human can always keep over 600 laws in a lifetime. Galatians 3 describes the purpose of the Law. It is a “tutor” or “schoolmaster” to lead us to Christ because “…by observing the law no one will be justified” (Galatians 2:16). The impossibility of keeping the Law is revealed in what Jesus called the “first and greatest commandment” in Matthew 22:37: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” This would mean loving God with every fiber of our being 24/7, with never a thought for ourselves, an impossible task for anyone. But rather than condemning us as law-breakers and leaving it at that, God provided a substitute—Jesus Christ—who obeyed the Law perfectly for us. By faith in Him and accepting His work on our behalf, we are justified and made righteous. Here is the crucial difference between Christianity and all other religions. God decided to become a man in the form of Jesus. 100% God. 100% man. In order to be able to relate to his creation and for his creation to relate to him. For example, God knows what it meant to be hungry, but never experienced hunger until He came to earth.

As to the second point, Christianity is not a religious system, but a relationship with God, one that He initiated and maintains. Christians believe that mankind was created specifically to have a relationship with God, but sin separates all men from Him (Romans 3:23, 5:12). Christianity teaches that Jesus Christ walked this earth, fully God, and yet fully man (Philippians 2:6-11), and died on the cross to restore the relationship that was broken by sin. After His death on the cross, Christ was buried, He rose again, and now lives at the right hand of the Father, making intercession for believers forever (Hebrews 7:25). The intimacy of this relationship is revealed in two poignant pictures. Now no longer seen as law-breakers, we have been adopted into God’s own family as His children (Ephesians 1:5). Even more intimately, believers are the very “body of Christ” of which He is the head (Ephesians 1:22-23), having been purchased by His blood (Hebrews 9:12). No other religion makes assertions that even begin to approximate this incredible truth. Once a person accepts Christ as their personal savior, they are granted access to heaven. There is no question about where they stand out on that. In Works based religions, a person can never truly know where they stand with God or heaven or their version of heaven. They are constantly working to please God.

Another thing that makes Christianity unique is its source of information. All religions have some sort of basis of information that outlines its beliefs and practices, but none have one source of information that makes the claims Christianity does about the Bible—it is the written Word of God, and it is infallible and inerrant and all that is necessary for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16). Christians believe that the Bible is the inspired—literally “God-breathed”—Word of God and that its teaching is the final authority (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21). Though there are other religions that use prophecy, none are 100% accurate, as are those in the Bible, and none of them point to someone like Jesus who made incredible claims and performed incredible deeds. The Bible is also unique because it is not just one persons account of what God told them. You just have to trust their claim. The Bible is the account of 40 different people from all walks of life. Most never even met, but they all come together to tell one story with no contradictions about mankind's redemptive history. I think Genesis 3:15 is the Bible's thesis statement.

"And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall [a]bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”

Perhaps the most defining principle of Christianity that makes it truly unique in every way and provides its fundamental basis is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Within Christianity, the resurrection is vitally important, for without it, Christianity does not exist, and our faith is useless (1 Corinthians 15:14). It was Jesus' resurrection that changed the lives of the disciples. After Jesus was crucified, the disciples ran and hid. But when they saw the risen Lord, they knew that all Jesus had said and done proved that He was indeed God in flesh. No other religious leader has died in full view of trained executioners, had a guarded tomb, and then rose three days later to appear to many people. The resurrection is proof of who Jesus is and that He did accomplish what He set out to do: provide the only means of redemption for mankind. Buddha did not rise from the dead. Muhammad did not rise from the dead. Confucius did not rise from the dead. Krishna did not rise from the dead. Only Jesus has physically risen from the dead, walked on water, claimed to be God, and raised others from the dead. He has conquered death. Only in Christianity do we have the person of Christ who claimed to be God, performed many miracles to prove His claim of divinity, died and rose from the dead, and claimed that He alone is “the way the truth and the life” (John 14:6) and that no one comes to the Father except through Him.

I was using the English definition of the word.

Is this another example of a mistranslation, though?

Not a mistranslation, but a deeper definition. Your definition doesn't fully describe "biblical faith". The Bible contains a clear definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Simply put, the biblical definition of faith is “trusting in something you cannot explicitly prove.”

This definition of faith contains two aspects: intellectual assent and trust. Intellectual assent is believing something to be true. Trust is actually relying on the fact that the something is true. A chair is often used to help illustrate this. Intellectual assent is recognizing that a chair is a chair and agreeing that it is designed to support a person who sits on it. This is the evidence I was speaking about. Trust is actually sitting in the chair. That is the action.

Am I to take your reply to mean that there are verses that only apply to those who fit that criteria detailed in the verse? And since you don't fit the criteria, that verse doesn't necessarily apply to you?
Alot of laws can be followed out, but some can't be enforced because there is no court to enforce it. The court system then that was established (see Judges), that was their code of law. We dont have a biblical court system today, no temple, and no judges.

So you fulfill as much as you can, the ones that don't require a system in place cus there is no system you support it.

Last edited:
Not a mistranslation, but a deeper definition. Your definition doesn't fully describe "biblical faith". The Bible contains a clear definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Simply put, the biblical definition of faith is “trusting in something you cannot explicitly prove.”

This definition of faith contains two aspects: intellectual assent and trust. Intellectual assent is believing something to be true. Trust is actually relying on the fact that the something is true. A chair is often used to help illustrate this. Intellectual assent is recognizing that a chair is a chair and agreeing that it is designed to support a person who sits on it. This is the evidence I was speaking about. Trust is actually sitting in the chair. That is the action.
In the future, you should just link us to the sources that you're copying from. 

This idea of "biblical faith" verses "faith" is troubling to me. The word "faith" has a very specific meaning that contradicts how you defined faith in one of your posts above. In other words, what you're now calling faith is not actually faith by definition. 

Also, the verse in what you pasted says nothing to me about faith being supported by evidence. 

[quote name="HTG Designs"][quote name="DarthSka"]Am I to take your reply to mean that there are verses that only apply to those who fit that criteria detailed in the verse? And since you don't fit the criteria, that verse doesn't necessarily apply to you?[/quote]Alot of laws can be followed out, but some can't be enforced because there is no court to enforce it. The court system then that was established (see Judges), that was their code of law. We dont have a biblical court system today, no temple, and no judges.

So you fulfill as much as you can, the ones that don't require a system in place cus there is no system you support it.[/quote]So going back to the verse I posted for reference and also speaking on similar verses, are you saying that there was a court that condoned what the verse said, carried out what the verse said, in the name of God? Meaning that God also condoned what the verse said? But since that particular court system is no longer in place, it no longer counts? But it did at one time?

Again, just to be clear:

Deuteronomy 22:28, 29
(28) If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, (29) he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

This idea of "biblical faith" verses "faith" is troubling to me. The word "faith" has a very specific meaning that contradicts how you defined faith in one of your posts above. In other words, what you're now calling faith is not actually faith by definition. 

Also, the verse in what you pasted says nothing to me about faith being supported by evidence. 

When I have posted links or told people about to read certain passages out of the Bible in the past, but people tend not to read them. Many of the questions you may have can be found at the websites I provided a page back in conjuction with a Bible.

Did you read Hebrews chapter 11 yet? If, so you will see summaries of different stories and how the Bible defines faith.

I can offer my explanation, even though I don't believe in it.

Most people take it to mean something along these lines:

You're sweating for that new promotion you KNOW you deserve. You keep praying about it. The date passes where you thought for sure you'd get it. You didn't get it. Keep praying. Anther date passes where you were POSITIVE you'd get it. You didn't get it.

You read something like that pic and think,"Yeah, I need to stop worrying about when I'm getting the promotion. It will happen in God's timing."

Actually, a more spiritually mature approach would be to understand that maybe God doesn't ever have that promotion in line for you, at any time. A more spiritually mature approach would be to realize that whatever does happen will be what his timing was for your life.

Like I said, I don't personally believe that at all because I see the flaw in that reasoning (for me, anyways), but there's an explanation for you. 

If it happens God did it & it was right on time.

If it doesn't happen God didn't want it to happen yet so just be patient until you forget you even prayed for it so God remains undefeated in prayer answers

Using my FB timeline for example...

Whenever something good happens to someone they're quick to post "prayer works"

So with that being said if someone is sick and we pray for them everyday, but they end up dying. Does that mean the prayer didn't work?

One other thing. Why does it seem every black chick wants a god fearing man? Even the chicks who don't live right according the word and sin every damn day.

When I have posted links or told people about to read certain passages out of the Bible in the past, but people tend not to read them. Many of the questions you may have can be found at the websites I provided a page back in conjuction with a Bible.

Did you read Hebrews chapter 11 yet? If, so you will see summaries of different stories and how the Bible defines faith.
I don't see a link of yours.

For Hebrews 11, do you have a link that analyzes the original Hebrew? That would be more useful for me. 

I don't see a link of yours.

For Hebrews 11, do you have a link that analyzes the original Hebrew? That would be more useful for me. 

Actually since Hebrews is in the NT, the original language it was written in was Greek. I'm pretty sure the OT was written in Hebrew and Aramaic and the NT was written in Greek,but you can verify that if you like. I think this is what you are asking for, so the links I provide for Hebrews 11 are commentaries that analyze the chapter the Greek language.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/hebrews/hebrews-11.html

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/hebrews/hebrews-11.html
This one gives commentaries for each individual verse. Just select the verse you want at the top of the page.

http://m.gty.org/resources/sermons/1626/what-is-faith
One of my favorite pastors.

The other websites I was referring to are apologetics websites that give biblical responses to different issues and subjects.

Carm.org
gotquestions.org

Last edited:
[quote name="Rollinwithangel"]Using my FB timeline for example...

Whenever something good happens to someone they're quick to post "prayer works"

So with that being said if someone is sick and we pray for them everyday, but they end up dying. Does that mean the prayer didn't work?[/quote] The prayer worked, because ultimately a prayer is a call to the god concept for proper understanding of his greater purpose, not telling him what to do. In everything, understand that there is a positive, just as he designed it because he is awesome.

Of course, the flaw here is that the entire 'think positive' concept does not need the god concept.

Whenever something harmful happens, embrace the pain, process it, and realize the positives. [quote name="Rollinwithangel"]One other thing. Why does it seem every black chick wants a god fearing man? Even the chicks who don't live right according the word and sin every damn day.[/quote]Image.

Actually since Hebrews is in the NT, the original language it was written in was Greek. I'm pretty sure the OT was written in Hebrew and Aramaic and the NT was written in Greek,but you can verify that if you like. I think this is what you are asking for, so the links I provide for Hebrews 11 are commentaries that analyze the chapter the Greek language.

This one gives commentaries for each individual verse. Just select the verse you want at the top of the page.

http://m.gty.org/resources/sermons/1626/what-is-faith
One of my favorite pastors.

The other websites I was referring to are apologetics websites that give biblical responses to different issues and subjects.

Carm.org
gotquestions.org
Ah, correct. The NT is in Greek.

I read Hebrews 11 and I'm still a little confused by where you get your definition of the word faith.

Your first link shows the word evidence, but your second link says that the correct translation is actually conviction. Why does the first link use the word evidence? The two are not the same. Besides that, I don't see anywhere else that suggests that faith is backed by evidence. 

Ah, correct. The NT is in Greek.

I read Hebrews 11 and I'm still a little confused by where you get your definition of the word faith.

Your first link shows the word evidence, but your second link says that the correct translation is actually conviction. Why does the first link use the word evidence? The two are not the same. Besides that, I don't see anywhere else that suggests that faith is backed by evidence. 

To me the evidence is the the OT events that are mentioned in Hebrews 11 where God revealed himself to different people over the years. The writer is speaking to a NT audience who already know that God is real. They have seen or heard the miracles of God through Jesus Christ. In each one of the examples where faith is used in the OT , those persons mentioned had a direct relationship with God. God told them what he was going to do and then he did it(evidence). They had previously witnessed him perform works and miracles in there lives or the lives of others (evidence). Take verse 23-30 for example where Moses and the Exodus are mentioned. If we go back to to the book of Exodus you will see what I mean by evidence. God had already told Moses that he was going to perform a miracle/plague using nature 10 times and each time that miracle came to fruition in the form of a plague just as God had promised. That's 10 different pieces of evidence. So when the writer says that Moses had faith to cross the Red Sea he is showing that Moses believed that God would do it because he had a the evidence that God had done similar things before. He just had to believe God would do what he said he would do for another time.

As far as your second, I think conviction is a proper translation for in respect to the way the Bible defines faith. It is a strong conviction or belief. To me that strength has to rest on some type of evidence.

I understand that the definition you provided for faith is different than what I am saying, but I believe the Bible is showing what faith really is with each example of the people mentioned. Although each of those people may have had doubts because of human reasoning, they trusted the evidence that God had previously show them to exercise their faith.

One other thing. Why does it seem every black chick wants a god fearing man? Even the chicks who don't live right according the word and sin every damn day.
The term God FEARING is annoying as hell to me. Just something that people say/repeat over and over and doesn't really make sense. 

Quick Twitter search LOL

RT @aj2mom_: If I don't do anything right I promise I will teach my son to be STRONG, GOD FEARING MAN!!!

RT @briannagwathney: Patiently waiting on a God fearing man to come into my life

RT @Mi_Familia_1st: I'm raising him to respect woman as well as himself, to have manners, to be a gentleman & to be a God fearing man.

RT @_xshanique: A God fearing man please

To me the evidence is the the OT events that are mentioned in Hebrews 11 where God revealed himself to different people over the years. The writer is speaking to a NT audience who already know that God is real. They have seen or heard the miracles of God through Jesus Christ. In each one of the examples where faith is used in the OT , those persons mentioned had a direct relationship with God. God told them what he was going to do and then he did it(evidence). They had previously witnessed him perform works and miracles in there lives or the lives of others (evidence). Take verse 23-30 for example where Moses and the Exodus are mentioned. If we go back to to the book of Exodus you will see what I mean by evidence. God had already told Moses that he was going to perform a miracle/plague using nature 10 times and each time that miracle came to fruition in the form of a plague just as God had promised. That's 10 different pieces of evidence. So when the writer says that Moses had faith to cross the Red Sea he is showing that Moses believed that God would do it because he had a the evidence that God had done similar things before. He just had to believe God would do what he said he would do for another time.
Ok, so now you're using your opinion to support your claim. That's fine, but originally you stated that there is a difference between faith and biblical faith. As shown so far, no where in Hebrews 11 did it state that faith is backed by evidence. In fact, I'd argue that using the word evidence  in Hebrews 11:1 is a misleading translation.

Additionally, Hebrews 11:7 says, "By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family." Based on the story of Noah, Noah has faith in god before god destroys the world. 
As far as your second, I think conviction is a proper translation for in respect to the way the Bible defines faith. It is a strong conviction or belief. To me that strength has to rest on some type of evidence.
So, Muslims have evidence to support their beliefs since they have strong convictions about Islam? Plenty of people have strong convictions with zero evidence. 
I understand that the definition you provided for faith is different than what I am saying, but I believe the Bible is showing what faith really is with each example of the people mentioned. Although each of those people may have had doubts because of human reasoning, they trusted the evidence that God had previously show them to exercise their faith.
But that defeats the whole purpose of using the word faith. I demonstrated that faith  has a very specific meaning. You can't conveniently alter what the bible says to fit your opinions. 

Ok, so now you're using your opinion to support your claim. That's fine, but originally you stated that there is a difference between faith and biblical faith. As shown so far, no where in Hebrews 11 did it state that faith is backed by evidence. In fact, I'd argue that using the word evidence in Hebrews 11:1 is a misleading translation.

Additionally, Hebrews 11:7 says, "By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family." Based on the story of Noah, Noah has faith in god before god destroys the world. 

So, Muslims have evidence to support their beliefs since they have strong convictions about Islam? Plenty of people have strong convictions with zero evidence. 

But that defeats the whole purpose of using the word faith. I demonstrated that faith has a very specific meaning. You can't conveniently alter what the bible says to fit your opinions. 

Like I said if we look back at each person in Hebrews 11 you will see what I mean by evidence. You mentioned Noah, well if we go back to Genesis 6, you will see that the evidence I am speaking of. I previously said that those people saw the evidence of God because they had a relationship with him. Verse 9 says Noah walked with God. So if Noah walked with God, we can assume that he knew who God is and what power He has. Noah, knew God created the earth because of their relationship. He saw what God can do by simply looking at nature (Evidence). So when God told him he was going to destroy the earth with a flood and gave Noah specific instructions on how to build the Ark, Noah used faith to do those things because he had the evidence that God was who He said he was. Correct, Noah had never seen rain because it had never rained up until the flood, but Noah trusted or put faith into the fact that if God can create whatever he wants by speach which he had evidence of then he could also destroy especially if God says that he is going to.

The Muslim comparison for the word conviction leaves out the fact that I said how the Bible defines faith.

And I have not altered anything that the Bible says. I am simply defining the word with the use of context. That is a common practice. Words only have meaning in context. If I say define the word board. One my say a wooden plank while someone else may say a group of people in a position of power. Both are correct definitions. I'm not denying your definition. I am simply showing that the Bible has another definition for the word faith.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom