PARANORMAL ACTIVITY VOL. SCARIEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR

It was a good movie (great compared to the recent ones). It kinda gets you a little paranoid and thinking for the night. In fact, I'm home alone right nowand kinda uneasy.

As soon as I saw 'em Raptor-Jurassic Park looking footprints & claw marks I just laughed and thought it was a joke. The night scenes were fun scarenonetheless
pimp.gif
. Not worth the $11.50
smh.gif
smh.gif

i was expecting more from this movie with all the hype. its okay if u seen the trailer u basically seen most of the scary parts minus the talking. since iwatched it for free it was worth it lol. it was kinda predictable but overall it was pretty good. ending had me a little shook but i ended up laughing morethan being scared

This movie hits the top ten on my scary movie list. It was hot, chicks were crying from fear at the end of the movie, everyone was talking about it outside themovie theater. Top notch ending. I don't even get spookd but the ending caught me off guard. Anyone else think the evil smile at the end was sexy? I'dbeat son

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Its not as scary in a theater full of people making stupid comments.. But watch it alone in a big empty house.

True, people acting stupid definitely takes away from it.

Overall, I thought the movie was entertaining, not as scary as people are making it out to be
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

This movie hits the top ten on my scary movie list. It was hot, chicks were crying from fear at the end of the movie, everyone was talking about it outside the movie theater. Top notch ending. I don't even get spookd but the ending caught me off guard. Anyone else think the evil smile at the end was sexy? I'd beat son
Yeah, I was checking that lady out for the whole time. I think the chick I went with got a little jealous. But the evil smile scared me more thananything, I guess it was the fact that it was a demon controlling her when she did it.

On the sidenote, did anyone give a long stoneface after seeing the word "fictitious" on the ending credits. I can't believe they had me wonderingif it was real or not.
eyes.gif

THIS WAS NOT BASED ON A TRUE STORY OR ANYWHERE NEAR BASED ON A TRUE STORY.

Just wanted to throw that out there. lol

They screwed themselves over though because at the beginning they thank the police and the couple for the tape. Turns out there are 3 different endings, oneinvolving the police. They should have removed the caption at the beg and the whole "body still isnt found" quotes at the end

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Its going to hit nation wide in just about a week it hit a million demands
MOVIE HIT NATIONWIDE.

Should be playing at your local theater right now.

I'm going to catch it on the weekdays, not trying to pay $10.50 for a movie

And its not playing nationwide yet. It was released in a little over 150 theaters and broke records for a film that opened limited opening with as much moneyas it did ($ 7 mil). Beat platoon's $4 mil.

I thought the movie was really good especially with all the horror films coming out within the past decade. I don't even remember a movie that slightlycreeped me out besides parts of The Ring

finally hit nation wide? Can't wait to check it out
hey NuJerzLoyalty what didn't you like about the movie?

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

No it didn't hit nationwide.

Its in 150 theaters. Will start expanding week after week

saw the movie last night it was actually pretty good !!! i liked it got my girl all shook haha she kept telling me i better not take the covers off her b4 ileave to work haha
laugh.gif

after reading some of the earlier post i feel it did a good job as far as the fear factor but after reading weather its based on a true or events or not imkinda weary on it now... it got me thinking damn this are some pretty good actors (persay) or fuk that they really went through some !*!# if it was true ...

katie getting dragged out was mos def freaky as hell !!! meeka was a fool was trying to piss that !*!# off... and last 10 min of movie are bone chillin!!!! herwalking down the stairs and screaming his name gave me goosebumps errie %$+ scream haha

Originally Posted by gboy1230

saw the movie last night it was actually pretty good !!! i liked it got my girl all shook haha she kept telling me i better not take the covers off her b4 i leave to work haha
laugh.gif

after reading some of the earlier post i feel it did a good job as far as the fear factor but after reading weather its based on a true or events or not im kinda weary on it now... it got me thinking damn this are some pretty good actors (persay) or fuk that they really went through some !*!# if it was true ...

katie getting dragged out was mos def freaky as hell !!! meeka was a fool was trying to piss that !*!# off... and last 10 min of movie are bone chillin!!!! her walking down the stairs and screaming his name gave me goosebumps errie %$+ scream haha
not based on any true events.

and for the haters, what horror movies did you like recently?

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

The thing I didn't like about the movie was that it was so slooowwww. Like a majority of other people have posted, "the last 5-10mins essentially isthe whole movie". From the commercials that come on tv, the last couple minutes HAD to be the part where people are jumping out of their seats. Micah(homegirls boyfriend) was funny as hell, I have to give the movie that.

All in all, (In My Opinon).....The movie had more laughs than "shock value". And for that reason, you can't categorize it as a"classic". "Scariest Movie of the year"? Possibly, but then again....there's really been no other competion. But "classic",and "one of the greatest of all-time"?...Not even close.

The hype is definitely built up for the movie, but IMO it's the scariest movie I've ever seen. A lot of the other scary movies have somewhat of thesame plot - This one (although not the original) makes it even scarier by being taped from a home camera, with very little special effects. The fact thatthere's no music in the background keeps you on your toes because the unexpected isn't built up by a creepy sound, rather natural occurances. This is amovie you can probably only see a few times (Or once, for many).

Back
Top Bottom