Paid in full vs. Boyz in the hood

Sad how little love Menace II Society gets around here, compared to the weird devotion towards Paid In Full (which isn't a good movie) and Boyz (which gets a little more love than it should). Menace is just a superior film, far superior in the case of Paid In Full.

Watching Paid and Full and Cam's character makes a reference to the dougie.

That dance been out for that long??

I doubt its a east-west thing. I prefer paid in full because i like crime dramas, not because i live on the east coast.

As stated in the OP, these movie are different.

Sad how little love Menace II Society gets around here, compared to the weird devotion towards Paid In Full (which isn't a good movie) and Boyz (which gets a little more love than it should). Menace is just a superior film, far superior in the case of Paid In Full.

i wouldn't call it sad because Menace II Society gets an incredible amount of love. NT gages nothing :lol:

Menace II Society is better than both though.

"who got some snaps on the petro? Slangin all that **** in the hood and yall aint got no motha****** money." :lol:

Last edited:
I'm from NC but nothing compares to those west coast gangster movies.

But like dmbrhs said Menace is the best overall.

Watching Paid and Full and Cam's character makes a reference to the dougie.
 That dance been out for that long??
indifferent.gif

Doug E Fresh bro, Doug E Fresh
laugh.gif

The connection was missed.  Just at the dougie fresh scene now.

Way over my head

Boyz in the hood is OK, it aint all that. I dont care what anybody says.

Paid in full is better, shows how crooked street nigg@z are in the dope game.

Im still waitin for a movie bout some down south **** tho, that can go down in history like movies mentioned. Not that lil boosie/webbie movie
BMF movie please

Paid In Full. Both are classics but that East Coast setting is what puts it over the top for me. Gives it a darker mood for some reason.

Menace, then Boyz

As somebody said, it's cool to see the story told in Paid...but the movie itself is enh :lol:

Back
Top Bottom