Padded Room Discussion

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Joe has said this track is some of his best work, ever.

we shall see.

I hate when people exaggerate. Let the music speak for you.

See what I'm saying? This is not even CLOSE, to what he's made in the past.
smh.gif

too many people expect the dark MM2 vibes IMO.

true, that's for him to judge isn't it? I don't agree or disagree really. Wouldn't crack my top 5.

Anyone figure out the meaning of the song yet?
parts of heaven/hell are included.

Its honestly not that its bad, its that EVERYONE was expecting something completely different.

You literally have to listen to it like 5 times before you like it tho.

Still, I dont really know what the meaning is.

Atfirst I figured it was Heaven and then Hell.

Now I think its that hes not dreaming , he is dead.

In his sleep = Being dead.

Everyone correlates dreaming to being alive and I think thats the twist.

Ok but honestly I don't see how he can't have at least 10 songs better than this.

• All of Me
  • Sidetracked
  • The Future (MM2)
  • Anything Goes
  • LRNL
  • Where Did It Go Wrong
  • If I Die tomorrow
  • 10 minutes
  • Check Me Out
  • Rest In Peace

id agree on not bein top 10, my list would be different love.

after a few listens tho, I think it's dope.

Thats exactly what I was expecting when I heard the name of the track.

I think that dark s_ suits Joey best.

All in all...he needs to listen to Lupe or Nas to see how to put down a concept track correctly. This had a lot of potential but it fell short IMO.

Listening to the lyrics..its like he's speaking on different aspects of life through wild events in his dreams. Like building a house with no windows, sopeople won't be in his biz. Mirror not showing his true self etc...I can tell he put some thought behind the lyrics but i'm not really feeling it totough though.

Maybe its the beat. Maybe it'll fit in with the flow of the album but right now the DL ain't worth the MBs on my HD, cause I know i'm not going tovoluntarily listen to this again until the album drops.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Its honestly not that its bad, its that EVERYONE was expecting something completely different.

I agree with the first part...was expecting something totally different and it takes a few listens to get anything out of this.

About the concept though...I think the joint is really missing a larger meaning and overall concept. Like each of the events has a meaning but whats theoverall point of the song? Leaves it feeling kind of empty and disappointing.

Its like he told a story with all of these details and no ending.

If he explains it maybe it'll make it more enjoyable but right now its some s_ that you listening to instead of feeling the music.

Applaud him for the effort and the detail but I don't think he really hit the mark....it ain't no "Secrets"

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Ok but honestly I don't see how he can't have at least 10 songs better than this.

• All of Me
  • Sidetracked
  • The Future (MM2)
  • Anything Goes
  • LRNL
  • Where Did It Go Wrong
  • If I Die tomorrow
  • 10 minutes
  • Check Me Out
  • Rest In Peace
What's LRNL?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

think the video may enhance the track.

I see what you're sayin Haze.
Exactly my thoughts after listenning to the track just now......

ooooooooooooooooook i get it now.

after listening to it like 5 or 6 times, its starting to make sense...at least i think.

I think he's completely dreaming. Like about his different dreams n s_.

"met a bum with a mansion/invited me in"
"see a virgin with aids"
"The hallway turned into a cliff"..(s___ like that happens in dreams)
"f_ the details, i dont care about why/i'm chillin with my grandmother she ain't died" (Like his gma is in his dreams)
"anything i touched i FEEL, know its FICTION but it seems so real" (if he were dead, it wouldnt be fiction, it'd be real.)

Over analyzation #%%%!.

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

ooooooooooooooooook i get it now.

after listening to it like 5 or 6 times, its starting to make sense...at least i think.

I think he's completely dreaming. Like about his different dreams n s_.

"met a bum with a mansion/invited me in"
"see a virgin with aids"
"The hallway turned into a cliff"..(s___ like that happens in dreams)
"f_ the details, i dont care about why/i'm chillin with my grandmother she ain't died" (Like his gma is in his dreams)
"anything i touched i FEEL, know its FICTION but it seems so real" (if he were dead, it wouldnt be fiction, it'd be real.)

Over analyzation #%%%!.
4hd2yo.jpg

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

I agree with the first part...was expecting something totally different and it takes a few listens to get anything out of this.

About the concept though...I think the joint is really missing a larger meaning and overall concept. Like each of the events has a meaning but whats the overall point of the song? Leaves it feeling kind of empty and disappointing.

Its like he told a story with all of these details and no ending.

If he explains it maybe it'll make it more enjoyable but right now its some s_ that you listening to instead of feeling the music.

Applaud him for the effort and the detail but I don't think he really hit the mark....it ain't no "Secrets"

yea but that's what most dreams are...random, don't really follow any "storyline" and right in the middle of one you can just wake up endingthat particular dream, yet next time you fall asleep it'll be a completely different dream

see man, you guys are complaining that a song like this is the single are the same dudes who cry when joey trys to release a club record as a single. for once,he doesn't and you guys still find a way to hate. dont get me wrong, its not joeys best work, but its still pretty dope. cant wait to see the video.

Back
Top Bottom