Padded Room Discussion

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Album is fire. Is 'Pray For Me' the best track of 09 so far or what??
laugh.gif

It really is.

Damn, I'm one of Joe Buddens biggest supporters. I've been down with dudes music for quite some time,and always expect nothing less than greatness from dude. Every time he releases a Mood Muzik Mixtape, it turns out to be one of the illest 'albums' ofthat year, mixtape or not. With that said, after my first listening, I'm really disappointed with this #@@$. Lyrically, dude hasn't lost a step.There's a handful of stand out tracks on here that really show why I think dude is top 5 in the game right now and one of the most talented MC's I everheard. The albums biggest problem is the beats. They're so hard to digest, its annoying. Seriously, the production could've been 10 times better thanthis and it hurts the album a lot. Then again, it was just a first listen and I can name dozens of albums that I wasn't feeling at first and now Love.I'll give this another spin and re-post. In the end, I'm hoping Joey sells what he can. I'd really like to see dude succeed in this game, hedeserves it.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Damn, I'm one of Joe Buddens biggest supporters. I've been down with dudes music for quite some time, and always expect nothing less than greatness from dude. Every time he releases a Mood Muzik Mixtape, it turns out to be one of the illest 'albums' of that year, mixtape or not. With that said, after my first listening, I'm really disappointed with this !+%%. Lyrically, dude hasn't lost a step. There's a handful of stand out tracks on here that really show why I think dude is top 5 in the game right now and one of the most talented MC's I ever heard. The albums biggest problem is the beats. They're so hard to digest, its annoying. Seriously, the production could've been 10 times better than this and it hurts the album a lot. Then again, it was just a first listen and I can name dozens of albums that I wasn't feeling at first and now Love. I'll give this another spin and re-post. In the end, I'm hoping Joey sells what he cans. I'd really like to see dude succeed in this game, he deserves it.

Most people (and Budden himself) said this is a album that grows on u...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Damn, I'm one of Joe Buddens biggest supporters. I've been down with dudes music for quite some time, and always expect nothing less than greatness from dude. Every time he releases a Mood Muzik Mixtape, it turns out to be one of the illest 'albums' of that year, mixtape or not. With that said, after my first listening, I'm really disappointed with this !+%%. Lyrically, dude hasn't lost a step. There's a handful of stand out tracks on here that really show why I think dude is top 5 in the game right now and one of the most talented MC's I ever heard. The albums biggest problem is the beats. They're so hard to digest, its annoying. Seriously, the production could've been 10 times better than this and it hurts the album a lot. Then again, it was just a first listen and I can name dozens of albums that I wasn't feeling at first and now Love. I'll give this another spin and re-post. In the end, I'm hoping Joey sells what he cans. I'd really like to see dude succeed in this game, he deserves it.

Most people (and Budden himself) said this is a album that grows on u...

i agree. i orginally said this wasnt a good album. i like it much more now.

no love for do tell?

Damn, I'm one of Joe Buddens biggest supporters. I've been down with dudes music for quite some time, and always expect nothing less than greatness from dude. Every time he releases a Mood Muzik Mixtape, it turns out to be one of the illest 'albums' of that year, mixtape or not. With that said, after my first listening, I'm really disappointed with this #@@$. Lyrically, dude hasn't lost a step. There's a handful of stand out tracks on here that really show why I think dude is top 5 in the game right now and one of the most talented MC's I ever heard. The albums biggest problem is the beats. They're so hard to digest, its annoying. Seriously, the production could've been 10 times better than this and it hurts the album a lot. Then again, it was just a first listen and I can name dozens of albums that I wasn't feeling at first and now Love. I'll give this another spin and re-post. In the end, I'm hoping Joey sells what he can. I'd really like to see dude succeed in this game, he deserves it.
you really gotta give it some more spins....i thought that a little bit at first too, but after i got into it, i'm really liking pretty muchevery song now, with the exception of 1-2. At first "Now I Lay" was my favorite joint but now "Do Tell" and "Angel in my life"have grown on me very much recently. I think it's a great album that takes a few listenings to get "into" it.

Album is great. I agree that the production is subpar, but it really does grow on you, especially the concepts which Joe developed really nicely. Joe willalways be one of my favorites.

Me and Joey at New Era the other day. Corny I know but whatever.

n1374360717_30917337_1200.jpg

I've only listened to this album like twice. Its
pimp.gif
of course but does anybody else think HH > PR ???

Or is it just me and I gotta give it more spins?

That rock song or whatever ain't doin it for me tho.

I think the problem with the album is that some tracks are kinda outta place to the whole theme of it. But every track taken individually is dope IMO. The onlysong I'm not feelin a lot is "If I gotta go", otherwise i can blast this album straight through easily. Overall I think it's a solid effortbut gotta give it some time before I compare it to his other albums.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I think the problem with the album is that some tracks are kinda outta place to the whole theme of it. But every track taken individually is dope IMO. The only song I'm not feelin a lot is "If I gotta go", otherwise i can blast this album straight through easily. Overall I think it's a solid effort but gotta give it some time before I compare it to his other albums.

For real?

If I Gotta go is my @!%%.

Padded Room is a good album but i never thought people was buying 5, 6 copies of it. Thats crazy. Anyways Pray for me and Exxxes are the best and we need morealbums and MC's like this.

This album has me ready for a SH and major label release from Budden. To this day, I still can not get over his freestyle over Rich Boy "Look Here"(??) on the Green Lantern show, so I can only imagine what Joe would do to a Polow, Timbo, etc. beat ...

Yeah, Blood on the Wall is just plain deadly
smh.gif
. Anyone going Thursday to see him in Mass [I think?]? I'm considering going.

Anybody went to fatbeats last night ???

They sold outta padded room and anything else of Joe.

But I brought his og album on vinyl and the vinyl for Fire.

When I walked up he was like wheres padded room?

I was like they sold out of it but I already got the pre-order.

N he was said u sure? And I laughed and said yeah.

Got them signed, took a pic.

I was going to go to Mass with my boy but dont think I can make it.

man I know this album speaks volumes for dudes that done been through what Joey has
eyes.gif

Damn girls
smh.gif

-- Exxxes
-- Pray for Me
-- Angel in My Life
-- I Couldn't Help It
-- Do Tell

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dizmthagreat

Expected alot more from this album. Its not bad, but its not good either.
Exactly how I feel.

For some reason I can't sit through this whole album no matter how hard I try.

But it seems like Joe will be doing better than expected numbers with all of the grass roots support that hes been getting. Thats a great thing for him and forHip-Hop.

But it seems like Joe will be doing better than expected numbers with all of the grass roots support that hes been getting. Thats a great thing for him and for Hip-Hop.

I was thinking that anything over 10,000 was a good look for dude considering the label he's on, his fanbase being about 90% internet savvy, etc...but ifhe puts up the numbers its looking like he could put up for somebody in his position (his album was in the top 20 up until yesterday), it prolly could havesome type of effect, open a few eyes...

edit, just checked, yea boi dropped
laugh.gif
, still gonna turn out to be bignumber considering his label prolly aint press more than 100K...

I love the album, but it really doesn't start until Blood on The Wall for me.

Do Tell is my favorite song by far...

Back
Top Bottom