Pac 12 Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Well, I got bad news for Oregon fans...Polk only gets better as the game goes on.

I've got bad news for Oregon fans...Oregon's offense picks up once DT stinks up the place enough to get benched.  This is because Darron Thomas is apparently a Dementor this year, feeding off of the soul of Oregon's offense.

dementor_prisoner_of_azkaban.jpg

Disclaimer: I wish the best for the young man, but good lord...

Washington does not know how to shed a block...It's not like Oregon is bigger and stronger. No excuse...Maybe the really don't have anyone worthy of being good on that defense, but to me that is a reflection of coaching.

This is on Hawkins from now on. Not Thomas. Cant believe he dropped that wide open would-be touchdown
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But Thomas... floaters, floaters everywhere.

Good game Dawgs, at least Price came right back in.  No O-line should be letting the Ducks get 6 sacks.

So, we hear people say that Udub's defense just doesn't have the personnel needed for Holt, so that they can compete. I see that, I do..However, things have been mounthing that have got me
30t6p3b.gif

The big thing tonight was the fact that once the Ducks offense engaged in blocking, it's like the play for Washingtons individual defenders was over. They are horrible at shedding blocks. That's a coaching point.

Having said that, I've also noticed that their defense lacks the Mason Foster type "football player." Cort Dennison tries, bless his heart, but he doesn't have football player instincts. I now Oregon is fast, but there's a real lack of urgency, or in this case, the attack mode that lacks with players on the defense.

Oregon's offense is unique from what UW has seen to this point, in the fact that they don't really attack N/S..They want to get to the edges. Most of the time when Washington's D had beat their backs to the edges, the backs still squirted out for 6 yards or more. One is because they couldn't get off blocks, but two is because they didn't attack and waited for a move to made, but at that point..Too late. I wonder if Holt is aware of this, or how to fix it.

If he is aware or not the players on that side aren't good enough to adjust to it, not this year at least

Yeah, I agree. That's why it becomes so blurred to me. The lack of progression vs. the lack of players.

I'm in the camp that wants to see Holt get at least another year, but I'm just trying to identify with the team and it's direction.

As much +%*$ as I talk about Holt, guess he does deserve a chance with some actual players to coach. *%%! it

Still extremely happy with the way this season is going.

Went to the Wazzou-Cal game. Very boring game overall...rainy day, stadium was probably at 40% capacity
30t6p3b.gif
, but great win. It still doesn't change the fact that Tedford has a lot to fix; they have a way of blowing out inferior opponents then folding against good competition.

I feel like UW has to be happy with the way the season is going. They've beaten everyone they're supposed to, and lost to the teams they're supposed to lose to.

Meanwhile, over on Poop Island (Pullman), the Cougs decided to lay down to UCLA and OSU early on, so who gives a eff. Wulff never should have messed with the QB situation.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I feel like UW has to be happy with the way the season is going. They've beaten everyone they're supposed to, and lost to the teams they're supposed to lose to.

Meanwhile, over on Poop Island (Pullman), the Cougs decided to lay down to UCLA and OSU early on, so who gives a eff. Wulff never should have messed with the QB situation.

I would think so.  UW has only USC to really worry about, and even if they lose to USC they'll finish 8-4 overall.  That should be a bowl game.

I agree. Oh well. What you gonna do? I'm hoping that WSU can bring in a guy like Leach and that the two Washington schools can be competing at the top for a long time. It would be great for the State.

Originally Posted by Credo

I would think so.  UW has only USC to really worry about, and even if they lose to USC they'll finish 8-4 overall.  That should be a bowl game.

Cant wait till next saturday, we owe Sark and the Huskies!

I agree. Oh well. What you gonna do? I'm hoping that WSU can bring in a guy like Leach and that the two Washington schools can be competing at the top for a long time. It would be great for the State.

Nah I want them to continue to suck.

Tough game last night, I really wanted to get a marque win to send Husky stadium out in style but you cant make the mistakes we did and expect to beat a team like Oregon. The Ducks didnt play good at all but we just didnt play like we wanted it or believed we could pull it out. This game was lost on both lines though, Keith had 0 time and LJ always scampered to out of the backfield for positive yardage.

Oh well on to next week.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Nah I want them to continue to suck.
You might be the only Husky fan I know who feels that way. Even the most die-hard Husky fans I know, in a perfect world, want UW and WSU to be undefeated headed into the Apple Cup (with the Huskies winning, of course), and they want Oregon to go winless.

Anyway, I thought this was a cool little piece in the Times today. Columnist who saw Jackie Robinson play running back at Husky Stadium in 1939:

http://seattletimes.nwsou...016710242_taketwo08.html

Back
Top Bottom