P90X Discussion

Legs and back is noooo joke... was crazy sore last week so I restarted on sunday... been good all week legs and back has been the hardest so far.. i feel a slight difference in my waist line... Ill start drinking a little more water and probaby get a few miles on the pavement in between... Offical on day 5 .. feeling great ...

bout to roll up some granddaddy purp... and play a lil 2k10...

I use SYNTHA-6 from GNC.. all around protein shake , helps with recovery and keeps u full in between meals

Been thinking about getting on the p90x, can I go through the whole thing with just resistance bands?

If so can someone reccomend where to get some good ones, I keep reading stories of bands that snap.

smokin.gif

man plyometrics is the most rewarding but its also the hardest
laugh.gif
i did this and was sore for like 3 days. so recently ive just been doing cardiox and kenpo every day to build up to it

and yoga is no joke either
sick.gif

Been thinking about getting on the p90x, can I go through the whole thing with just resistance bands?

Yes.  That's what I use.  Pull up bars destroy door frames and the wife just wasn't having that.  I've had the bodylastics TO bands for about 2 years and they are awesome.  They are the high end of what bodylastics offers but you can get cheaper bands from them.

laugh.gif
i did this and was sore for like 3 days. so recently ive just been doing cardiox and kenpo every day to build up to it

Man I hate....HATE Plyo...makes me feel like 6"6 250 pound little +#*#@ started my second week on Monday and had to drag myself out of bed to do plyo yesterday.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Yes.  That's what I use.  Pull up bars destroy door frames and the wife just wasn't having that.  I've had the bodylastics TO bands for about 2 years and they are awesome.  They are the high end of what bodylastics offers but you can get cheaper bands from them.

laugh.gif

Man I hate....HATE Plyo...makes me feel like 6"6 250 pound little +#*#@ started my second week on Monday and had to drag myself out of bed to do plyo yesterday.

How many weeks/months into are you?  I have the bodylastics bands..i bought the size smaller than the TO's, i'm 5'7 155 so I didn't think I'd need those ones.  I like the bands but I have to get used to using them and having them do the right movement.  I didn't get all the way through the first day but I tossed the bands with the attachment roller under the door and did some biceps and triceps work.  The bands feel freakn AWESOME for bicep work.  They get the burn in all the right way.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

How many weeks/months into are you?  I have the bodylastics bands..i bought the size smaller than the TO's, i'm 5'7 155 so I didn't think I'd need those ones.  I like the bands but I have to get used to using them and having them do the right movement.  I didn't get all the way through the first day but I tossed the bands with the attachment roller under the door and did some biceps and triceps work.  The bands feel freakn AWESOME for bicep work.  They get the burn in all the right way.

Had a off week last week.... Only did like 3 days...

Changed my timing so I wake up @ 430 to knock it out...

Somebody told me today they see a change In my appearance.... I told him I just started..

Well I just got done with Day 2. Day 1 was pretty weak...i was more trying to figure out how to properly use my bands then get a real good workout in. Today, day 2 the plyometrics was much easier to keep up with...i stayed with it until 10 minutes left then just used my bands to do some curls, skull crushers. Quick question; it says, chest/back + Ab ripper X for Day 1...does that mean to do that WHOLE freakn hour long of chest/back then the whole 17 minutes of ab ripper X all in one consecutive period of working out??

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Quick question; it says, chest/back + Ab ripper X for Day 1...does that mean to do that WHOLE freakn hour long of chest/back then the whole 17 minutes of ab ripper X all in one consecutive period of working out??
Yes, yes it does.  You are supposed to do the whole workout + Ab Ripper X every Mon, Wed, and Fri.  I actually copped the dvds, so the Ab Ripper X just comes on right after the workout.

AND I ++@%@!$ LOVE P90X!
pimp.gif

Plyo is by far my favorite in this program. I find the the legs and back the hardest though and my whole thigh and buttocks are in pain after the workout and a few more days after that. I can barely do Ab Ripper X after the leg workout.

But then you get to P90X+ with Interval X, which is like legs plus Plyo combined. I hate it but I love it.

If free time is available, I suggest adding Cardio X into the exercises, sometimes when doing exercises that involve some lifting (like Back & Biceps and Shoulder & Arms) it feels like I do not sweat enough and Cardio X will do that for you. If you have the Cardio Kenpo X from P90X+, it is a more fun and better option.

plyo is no joke, i still have 20 minutes to go and decided to take an hour long break, i feel like im gonna pass out. its my 2nd day

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Well I just got done with Day 2. Day 1 was pretty weak...i was more trying to figure out how to properly use my bands then get a real good workout in. Today, day 2 the plyometrics was much easier to keep up with...i stayed with it until 10 minutes left then just used my bands to do some curls, skull crushers. Quick question; it says, chest/back + Ab ripper X for Day 1...does that mean to do that WHOLE freakn hour long of chest/back then the whole 17 minutes of ab ripper X all in one consecutive period of working out??

yeah i just started last night & its exactly what i did the hour of chest/back & 15 mins of abs my back is tight a F^%$# today..... those backward bike pedals trarted to kick $$!..along with the danceing w/ doing pullups(right,left center & back-down)

what kind of protein shake should i go get to help w/ recovery??? just started yesterday & trying to get everything i need so when friday hits ill be ready...

I've lost 12 pds and I'm on week 3... I got yoga x today... Still haven't done it so Ill get around to it tonite... Not too concerned about getting brolic I'm gonna get ripped on my 2nd round this summer... My pants fit a lil looser and my gut has gone down....

Stop eating junk food and you'll see results, mad fish chicken and veggies.... Let's get it...

I slacked off last week so I'm re doing it this week... What's an extra week??

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Stop eating junk food/
i know this will be my hardest thing for me to do smh @ myselfThe...lays cheddar & sour cream chips//lays flamin hot chips//regular flaming hots//flaming hot fritos//cloverhill pound cakes 2 packs//simply lemonade/rasberry by the bottle each day//I gotta get on my grizzy HARD.......its a bag of flamin hot fritos in my desk....smh....i might induldge

Yoga x is the worst..... I did it for about 25mins and got really bored.... It's the same thing repeatedly... In the words of drakes sprite commercial .... " I'm just not feeling it" ....

I did a little bit of wii fit yoga ....

Got legs and back mañana ... Might just knock it out in the morning so I cam chill in The afternoon.

i just started on monday. today will be my 4th day. is it easier to use bands instead of weights? where can i find some cheap bands at? thanks. i gotta lay off the junk food too lol

I just started and I am about to do Yoga X today. I have been able to do most things properly except for the pull ups and chin ups. My upper body strength is non existent except for pushups
ohwell.gif

Plyometrics is so fun though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I live on the 3rd floor so I can't really be doing all this jumping

i live on the third floor too...i do it my friends crib...

Back
Top Bottom