**OutKast Stankonia Discussion**

I have never listened to this album outside of So Fresh So Clean and the other two singles.

How the hell did I manage to do that?

This discussion is crazy!
I aint never heard of this album bein there best by far
The only reason it would b called a classic becuz of the huge commercial success it had
It was when outkast reached there peak across pop culture and sales
Until only hip hop fans were true fans of Kast

<----Check the avy

B.O.B. is my favorite song
Both verses
& Chorus
& Guitar at the end
& Bobbing my head

Spaghetti Junction
pimp.gif

YO!
It was when outkast reached there peak across pop culture and sales
No sir... SB/TLB. Stankonia, "Ms. Jackson" specifically, served as the set up for what happened in '03/04. DF!!!

Dre verse on Gangsta S#@* is
eek.gif
. This album will never touch theirfirst three IMO, but its still gets spins once in a while.

Originally Posted by A Stunting GoTRILLa

Outcast with a K, yeah them __s are hard. Harder than a __ tryna impress GOD!
pimp.gif
we'll pull ya whole deck, F pullin' ya card/ and still take my guitar and take a walk in the park
smokin.gif

And play the sweetest melody that you ever heard/ now Bs sucking on my nouns and I'm eating they verbs...
pimp.gif

Stankonia is a great album. Is it better than Southerplayalistic.....NO. Is it better than ATLiens...NO. Is it better than Aquemini....NO.

But for me, it was their fourth classic in a row. This joint was just so different than anything I had ever heard at the time. And you expect that from'Kast, but these dudes took it to a whole 'nother level with this one. For a lack of a better term, this was their first "digital age"album, to me. It just had that modern/futuristic feel and sound to it. But I guess that sums up Outkast as a whole--light years ahead of everyone else.

That said, this album has more throwaway tracks than any Outkast album before it. "I'll Call Before I Come" and "Xplosion" are twojoints I can just never get down with, no matter how hard I try. And I was also never really feeling "Gasoline Dreams", either.

Back
Top Bottom