Organic, Whole, & All Natural Foods Thread ("I'm trying, I'm trying...")

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

How are these?

They were kinda expensive...Like almost $4 each at my market.
embarassed.gif

00071.jpg
Those are delicious. Most Amy's products are delicious but expensive. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have their own versions of those burritos for much cheaper.
I kinda stopped going to my Trader Joe's.

I can only really go on the weekend and the lines are ridiculous cause there's like only two on Long Island
smh.gif

Anybody else addicted to Clif bars? I was at the store and some flavors I hadn't seen before, had to cop.

Don't hate on the Falafel either.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dexwk9.jpg

Rice milk is pretty great, you can use it in milkshakes/smoothies and basically not tell the difference. As far as the ice cream, I dont know.

Originally Posted by GG23

Penn & teller proved to me that all this organic stuff was bull poop
Penn Jillette is bull poop artist himself.

And this is coming from a fan of him and his show.

Rice Dream is delicious, especially in Vanilla. The consistency is like water so some people have trouble switching from cow's milk to the rice. TheRice Dream ice cream I hear is terrible. Someone used that on Top Chef and got eliminated because of that (it was that horrible).
laugh.gif

lol yeahh i know but gotta love it. They had some strong points on the organic food episode though.

yea, the show is basically an equal opportunity hate hest
laugh.gif
. mix some truth with the most ridiculous examples you can find, and make some money. it's the same deal as the borat movie where dude went tothe places most likely to be some sort of extreme. it's journalistic misrepresentation to play off a bias.

but it's generally funny, so people are less likely to question it.

and yes, pita chips are that crack
pimp.gif
i don't know if thewaleed's brand they sell at costco is organic, but the chips + the hummus =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rice Dream is delicious, especially in Vanilla. The consistency is like water so some people have trouble switching from cow's milk to the rice. The Rice Dream ice cream I hear is terrible. Someone used that on Top Chef and got eliminated because of that (it was that horrible).
laugh.gif
I mainly want to use it with cereal and coffee. They had a sale at Safeway and it was 2 for $4.00 so I got Original and Vanilla,but I haven'ttried them yet...They had other flavors for the ice cream....strawberry,neapolitan,"cookies and dream" but i'm going 1 step at a time...

Rice Dream is delicious, especially in Vanilla. The consistency is like water so some people have trouble switching from cow's milk to the rice.

x2 I use mine mainly in cereal.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I starting to not really trust things that say USDA organic...

It's like what can you trust these days...
i know man its like that with everything these days

you can only do so much

edit: good link dirty.

its still peace of mind though i guess.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I starting to not really trust things that say USDA organic...

It's like what can you trust these days...
i know man its like that with everything these days

you can only do so much

edit: good link dirty.

its still peace of mind though i guess.
yeah, even then you cannot trust a lot of these organizations these days.

penn and teller have a lot of interesting tidbits but some of it is biased or an extreme...

naked juice hasn't been mentioned yet?
laugh.gif
that stuff is AWESOME. give me double berry protein zone and i am SET.

im a big fan of naked juice also

great stuff, very good.

watch the carbs..........

Originally Posted by KingLouisXIV

I suggest visiting your local farmers' market(s). A quick Google search can point to your location's farmers' market.

Organic doesn't necessarily mean your food is healthful and/or environmentally responsible. Buying fresh, local produce is one of the best ways to access healthy and sustainable food.
Very true. The average piece of produce travels 1500 miles to get to the consumer. It's not sustainable in the long run.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

how do you tell if they're real organic or not?
anyway, whole foods is making all the money now.
USDA certification is the basic standard. Some people can't afford the expensive certification process though. I'd rather get it off thefarm and know that it's been treated well than go get a 'certified' piece of produce.
Whole Foods isn't bad, but they're definitely making health foods seem out of reach. Their prices aren't too good, but they have a good selectionof produce, which is the only thing that I like. I also like how they prioritize local produce. I just like the variety of foods that are available there.

Oh, and Rice Dream's ice cream is horrible. I don't even know what they were thinking when they made it. It's not sweet and it doesn't have thesame consistency as traditional ice cream. It takes some getting used to. I wouldn't buy it again. It helps neutralize the taste of hemp in smoothiesthough.

Back
Top Bottom