Organic, Whole, & All Natural Foods Thread ("I'm trying, I'm trying...")

Just back on my vegetarian grind over a month ago (Took a 3 year hiatus) and when I went to the Organic & Natual whole food sections at my markets they hadall sorts of new things since I been in there.

I been at this website now for the past 1 hour trying to catch up. Vegetarian Times

What some of you're favorite stuff. What you recommend....

I just picked these up and I'm mad I'm just finding out about them this late in life...
518w%2BQBYORL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

51nrZzDrN-L._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

plantain_3R.jpg

Had to pick up the usual Boca burgers I used to eat but I cooked one and was reminded I don't like the taste...Any other kinds you guys reccomend?

I saw Morning Star and some other brand that was like $6.50 for 4
eek.gif

Morningstar Grillers Prime are decent. Boca Chik'n are also pretty good. Protein in one patty is like 14-16 grams. I eat a lot of portabella mushrooms,those are great.

I starting to not really trust things that say USDA organic...

It's like what can you trust these days...

but anyways for me personally I eat Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Asparagus throughout the whole week. I make cous cous from this compayn called Near east whichyou can find at key food and its 100% natural. I can't speak on bread(s) cuz i cut that out.

Get a juicer!!!

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

pita chips? sounds gross
they're good.

On topic: totally organic is just way too expensive for me..but I try to go organic as much as I can

^ Dirt - I know you read the consumerist, I think a month or so ago they posted which foods (fruits and veggies at least) you should get organic versus theones that matter least.

organic chips?? hope you intend to buy some actual food next time??
laugh.gif

organic is the way to go though..its pricey but end of the day its your health.

Vegetarians need support groups. I carnivore-out solo

However I do try and only eat Organic. My base groceries are purchased at Planet Organic

Jobless college student means I can't afford to eat organic all too often. I will pay attention to sales or promotions, then I'll jump on it. For rightnow though it's just not possible to do it 100% of the time.

I suggest visiting your local farmers' market(s). A quick Google search can point to your location's farmers' market.

Organic doesn't necessarily mean your food is healthful and/or environmentally responsible. Buying fresh, local produce is one of the best ways to accesshealthy and sustainable food.

how do you tell if they're real organic or not?
anyway, whole foods is making all the money now.

Support groups?!

roll.gif
roll.gif

Ya'll some funny dudes. But nah. Chill.

I do a lot of things for my health. I quit smoking cigarrettes a few years ago (Maybe a Black & Mild and Hookah a few times a year) . Been watching my saltintake last few years.

The older I get, the more I try to take care of myself.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

How are these?

They were kinda expensive...Like almost $4 each at my market.
embarassed.gif

00071.jpg
Those are delicious. Most Amy's products are delicious but expensive. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have their own versions of those burritos for much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom