Oregon man gets pulled over on highway, gets in shootout with trooper [video]

How did he manage to walk up, pull out and still fire before the officer? Did he not have his weapon drawn? If not, poor decision making by the trooper 

Agreed. Would've had my hand on my gun when he wouldn't get back in his car and pointed at his chest as soon as he was walking towards me

And people wonder why police have to be constantly suspicious of everyone...
mean.gif

Glad the Trooper is okay.  I'm assuming he was hit in the vest?

Dude steps out of his car, holding his hand behind his back?

if I'm that trooper, I have my weapon drawn as soon as he closes the car door. Glad dude is okay though.

mean.gif

Exactly.  This is why I never have an issue with police using any type of force (whether from one or multiple officers) to subdue a suspect.

Somehow, people will probably come in here and say it was the police officer's fault.

Exactly.  This is why I never have an issue with police using any type of force (whether from one or multiple officers) to subdue a suspect.

Somehow, people will probably come in here and say it was the police officer's fault.

No not this time but if a cop is acting like that when someone has their hands up?

Or someone is clearly not resisting arrest and cops are just curb stomping the person out? Like some dont be a menace type steez? That's where it gets od

You can walk down the street with an AK on your shoulder in Oregon too... Open carry laws are very lax.

Dudes on YT got the nerve to video tape themselves walking with 1-2 semi-auto's slung on their shoulders just to provoke cops to stop them and "talk".

I wonder if this makes anyone think twice about those "Officer kills man reaching for his wallet" stories.

"He served in the U.S. Army Reserve as a construction engineer from 2009 until 2012"

Damn shame

mean.gif

Never, really champ??

That was super sketchy the way he was standing there with one hand behind his back. Gotta have the steel ready.

And people wonder why police have to be constantly suspicious of everyone... :smh:

Never, really champ??

yea that was silly

Let's not turn this into an "I hate the pigs" thread and be happy for this guy that hes still alive.

Let's not turn this into an "I hate the pigs" thread and be happy for this guy that hes still alive.
I think we all are happy the officer is alive, and clearly the driver was at fault and guilty given the video evidence.  However, to make a broad statement justifying police force in any and all situations involving a suspect is rather foolish. 

I think we all are happy the officer is alive, and clearly the driver was at fault and guilty given the video evidence.  However, to make a broad statement justifying police force in any and all situations involving a suspect is rather foolish. 
I know.

I can see this thread turning into the same thread we've had before though arguing about police force and what not... Just saying it'd be nice to not have it take that turn for once.

I know.

I can see this thread turning into the same thread we've had before though arguing about police force and what not... Just saying it'd be nice to not have it take that turn for once.
No doubt. 

it's obvious the black man was trying to resolve the situation while the pig was provoking him
these cops were picked on in highschool so they take any opportunity to use their power
the cop could have just asked him to stop shooting politely, but no, what does he do?
He treats the black man like some kind of dangerous animal who deserves to die.
I bet if the cop was in a range rover he would have ran him over and claimed self defense.

Man if this dude was trying to take the "suicide by cop" route and put his kids in danger like that....
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom