"Oregon" Foamposite: NO BUYING SELLING TRADING. PERIOD

laugh.gif
i just don't want to get greedy on the price and then get stuck with them
right!!!!  i got mine for a fair price on ebay now, hoping i can off that **** before the market value drops.  

As someone that was playing in foams whilst many of you were still in kids sizes and as someone that purchased a dozen pairs of volts on the clearance rack in '99 for $50 apiece when no one wanted them i'm totally disgusted by the 'trendiness' of these longtime underappreciated kicks.
It's completely ridiculous that a general release like the Oregons could be worth 3X their cost the day of release and yet og ds ones and pros from 17 years ago can be purchased for $350-400. It tells me that the sneaker game is full of rich dbs that could care less about the history of the line. All that matters is the hype, and if anyone thinks that in 5-10 years the current range of foams are going to be worth any more than they are know you'd be mistaken. At least 30- 50% of all foams sold in the last five years have been kept deadstock and will remain that way. The value only goes up if people wear them (making those that remain ds rare) and that's just not happening. 11 releases in 2013; expect 15-20 more in 2014.
My advice: if you can get $750 for your Oregons now, you'd me a moron to keep them. And, if you're one of the ones paying $750 and you're not making at least $150K a year you're an even bigger dope.
Great Post

2013 was basically the death of my love for foams.

Suns, 2013 Royals, DBs and these were the only ones truly worth copping.  I'm keeping my pair because I'm going to wear my pair, I agree with you that if all they were going to do was collect dust in the back of a closet then you'd be a moron not to take the $750 and keep it moving.  These were pretty close to a general release online and should go for $450 at best.

Mercer had 40 pairs left over FCFS Tuesday AM. My friend got 4 pairs - I wasn't able to go, found out too late.

Pissed...

I've been telling dudes for weeks these will settle around $500 after the hype clears up. People really paid $800-$1k for these.

"hype is a helluva drug."
they had more than 40, close to a 100. Was almost able to cop 2 but soldout right before I was about to get in again.

How's it a gr if only NDC got it? These are limited..... not that limited. But far from a gr doggy Dogg.

Yea, im definitely confused on how these were a GR if only 1 online site got the shoes and it sold out quickly.

Yea, im definitely confused on how these were a GR if only 1 online site got the shoes and it sold out quickly.
Certain shoes are going to sell out quickly simply because of the increased interest in them.

Only limited release the last couple days were 3Lab5s.

Last edited:

Certain shoes are going to sell out quickly simply because of the increased interest in them.
Only limited releases the last couple days were Bred 1s and 3Lab5s.

hold on, you called the 3lab5 limited but not these? wow.

Only limited releases the last couple days were Bred 1s and 3Lab5s.
hold on, you called the 3lab5 limited but not these? wow.
A lot less pairs of 3Labs were available than these, only difference was there wasn't a bunch of people going after 3Labs in hopes of flipping them for $1,000.  Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
:lol: ok. not sure where you got that info from but 3lab5s were available everywhere.

A lot less pairs of 3Labs were available than these, only difference was there wasn't a bunch of people going after 3Labs in hopes of flipping them for $1,000.  Just my opinion though.

I'll take a wild guess here and assume that you never made it to the debate team in your school...

Last edited:
Ignore everything said, I forgot this is pity party central where everybody strikes out and nobody cops.

Dudes cleaned up online, multiples.  12, 8, 5, 6, it was quite ridiculous.

Why did people try for so many pairs? Because they were supposed to be limited and hoped 1 pair popped in their cart but every attempt to add to cart was successful.

You guys are the same dudes that think Doernbechers are limited, they aren't.

Last edited:

Ignore everything said, I forgot this is pity party central where everybody strikes out and nobody cops.

Why did people try for so many pairs? Because they were supposed to be limited and hoped 1 pair popped in their cart but every attempt to add to cart was successful.

im saying.... dudes aint clean up on the 3lab5s the same way tho? a user in the 3lab5 thread said he got 7 alone pairs on finishline and that was without a bot.
of course people gonna clean up on ndc when there is a decent amount on there and they using scripts. that's pretty much common sense.

3lab5s were on every major site and sold in good quantities in store.
these had much smaller quantities in store and only sold on 1 website period.

im saying.... dudes aint clean up on the 3lab5s the same way tho? a user in the 3lab5 thread said he got 7 alone pairs on finishline and that was without a bot.
of course people gonna clean up on ndc when there is a decent amount on there and they using scripts. that's pretty much common sense.

The general point I was trying to make and agreed with @jer23  on is that shoes now have an implied value based on interest not on actual numbers of shoes produced.  It used to be, "there are only 600 pairs of these made so they are valuable" now its more "everybody wants these so they are valuable" totally ignoring the fact that theres a glut of them on the market because most copped to resell.

Last edited:

The general point I was trying to make and agreed with @jer23
 on is that shoes now have an implied value based on interest not on actual numbers of shoes produced.  It used to be, "there are only 600 pairs of these made so they are valuable" now its more "everybody wants these so they are valuable" totally ignoring the fact that theres a glut of them on the market because most copped to resell.

now this I agree with too. seems like its the case with any release tho. every shoe hits the aftermarket in large numbers no matter what.

@bigj505  do you see these foams dropping in price considerably at some point? It seems these were far more available than resellers imagined I see alot of people sitting on them because their asking for 650+

I want to wait to cop at the right time but not too long then they dry up

Told you all prices would drop...

From 1k-1200 to 500-700 already.

I think you'll eventually be able to grab a pair for 400-550

@bigj505
 do you see these foams dropping in price considerably at some point? It seems these were far more available than resellers imagined I see alot of people sitting on them because their asking for 650+

They will drop, $625-$650 shipped was the release day price. I seen people in the past two days ask for $550 shipped. I am watching over 75 listings on eBay and there's been little to no action. A couple of ended with shill bids, a couple legit at $700 buy it now, and many relisted.

@bigj505
 do you see these foams dropping in price considerably at some point? It seems these were far more available than resellers imagined I see alot of people sitting on them because their asking for 650+

personally, price will slide some but as pairs dry up, the price will go up. best time is when the market is saturated the most. after that, your best bet is to find someone that's hurting for money.

also, the future price really depends on how the foam hype/thirst goes.

Anybodys UPS status update??

This wait is urk'n the hell outta me! I live in the same city as shipping origin and i dont have any updates from tracking. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom