Orange Is The New Black // Netflix Original Series from the creator of Weeds

people always talk about character development on mad men but no one has changed from s1 except one person :lol:

Peggy is awesome though. Don's daughter has changed a lot too and Joan some. The characters haven't really evolved but most of them are so entertaining. Will miss the show when it's gone.

Character development does not mean characters have to change.

That's kind of one of the things about Mad Men, it shows that people really might not change... despite our best intentions, our epiphanies, our promises to change, we're largely the same person in the end.

I wrote about this in the movie thread before

Don't confuse a character arc with character development.

Character development is more about having a dramatic need, a point of view, being multi-dimensional (backstory/history, flaws, etc.), an attitude or belief system, a philosophy, unique characteristics, etc.

Character arcs, on the other hand, will deal with how the character changes due to the events of the story. How they grow, change, alter.. or in some cases.. how they don't. Traditionally, your bad guys or villains won't arc.

Mad Men is a very well developed show... especially for the man characters, Don, Peggy, Roger, Joan, Betty, Sally, etc.

I need a new show to watch now. Tried Sons of Anarchy...got bored after a few episodes. Tried Dexter....got bored after a few episodes. Orange is the New Black was the only show that kept me interested since Breaking Bad.

Last season of Dexter was the worst :x

Sons of Anarchy is one of my favorite shows, eagerly awaiting Tuesday for the final season :smokin .

Oz is full of savagery, one of my fav shows though :smokin

When do Sons of Anarchy and Dexter actually get interesting? I've had plenty of people tell me how good both shows are but if a show doesn't grab my attention right from the jump I end up just not watching it anymore.

When do Sons of Anarchy and Dexter actually get interesting? I've had plenty of people tell me how good both shows are but if a show doesn't grab my attention right from the jump I end up just not watching it anymore.
I'm not a "TV Show" watching kind of guy, and just got into "OITNB" & "Breaking Bad" this Spring, so this holds VERY TRUE.

Gotta have me from jump!

As much as I hated the script, majority of (soon became all) characters, and the repetitive nature of Dexter I was interested in seeing how it ended. Hated every single episode but none more than the series finale......disgusting

sons of anarchy first two seasons are 
pimp.gif

SOA started off good but then I stopped caring. It tried to be outrageous / shocking too many times.

Both shows that fell off so heavy.

SOA started off good but then I stopped caring. It tried to be outrageous / shocking too many times.

This, it's so bad. Like Crank 2 the TV show.

Why the hell does she get to keep the ring? Dude is weak. Should've gotten that back and sold it.

Last edited:
Why the hell does she get to keep the ring? Dude is weak. Should've gotten that back and sold it.

It depends...if you propose on her bday or holiday = gift. She gets to keep an engagement ring even if you don't get married. Same would apply after divorce.

Dude looks real beta so he probably just let her have it.

time out 

i thought poussey dated the guard in real life

:rofl: you thinking she was straight.

If a male writer divorced his wife and started smashing a female on the show the story would be skewed very differently :lol:

Before Poussey

View media item 1180936

After Poussey

View media item 1180934

Last edited:
It depends...if you propose on her bday or holiday = gift. She gets to keep an engagement ring even if you don't get married. Same would apply after divorce.

Dude looks real beta so he probably just let her have it.
roll.gif
you thinking she was straight.

If a male writer divorced his wife and started smashing a female on the show the story would be skewed very differently
laugh.gif

Before Poussey

After Poussey

If a male writer divorced his wife and started smashing a female on the show, the story would be skewed very differently. 
laugh.gif

Before Poussey

After Poussey
She still the same Basic chick, just took her Glasses off and put some MakeUp on for a Selfie.

Last edited:
I just watched the first 4 episodes yesterday.

Crazy Eyes is hilarious. Creepy as hell :lol:

C.O. with the mustache is highly questionable. Funny but disturbing lol.

Back
Top Bottom