open sketch thread

Nice work tokes. Those decks look interesting. Again, I bigger pic so we can check out the details would be nice.

adventures of new bohemia
artist​

yeah tokes could we maybe get a larger picture of that poster. I would love to be able to see your designes more clearly.

Heres a little something, just to show everyone Im still around and alive :smile:
smile.gif
Nothing to great..
A quick LeBron5...
Foamposite, with slits in the upper revealing the mesh bootie...Laces under the zip-up bootie and then an ankle strap for support...
xlz5m1.jpg

xlz5sw.jpg

Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

yo arff those are pretty nice, it would be cool to see a lil' more detail (like stitching) if you are going to do colorways...also with rendering, be consistent with your shadowing, look at some of vocal's or justin's joints, or even some of your own kicks for how it to mimic light. those wht/blue joints really pop off the screen, i would try doing a couple of views to challege yourself...

thanks myton, i am a big fan of your work. as much as i have admired your work from jump, after having to pick up a paintbrush recently, my appreciation for your paintings have increased tenfold...i still have a couple canvases left i would like to do something special with...you have any painting tips?

link to a higher res version poster:

i2.tinypic.com/xmu3xk.jpg
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Thanks Tokes....The reason you don't really see stitching is because its mostly foam...I have a tiny bit at the back of the ankle bootie..if you could make it out...
Ya for the colors, I was just pouring at some quick ones, to see different options...
And I got more views...just not up here...
But thatnks again..
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Nice work guys! Maybe someone can get my image to come up?

i2.tinypic.com/zilqxl.jpg
"So many times it happens too fast.
You trade your passion for glory.

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."

^ i'll help u out vocaldigital23
this is real nice rendering btw
zin52f.jpg

I don't hate
I'm just being REALISTIC

let keep this thread moving...

something for kobe

10ehbuv.jpg

maybe later i will put up the render...

btw hit up my site: www.ideationstation.net it ain't fully done but i hope to polish it uo & update it continually...

Toke, sorry for the newb Q but how do you color your sketches? Are those just straight markers or is it illustrator or some program? How do you get that metalic look or the lighting effect off of reflective material? Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Toke, sorry for the newb Q but how do you color your sketches? Are those just straight markers or is it illustrator or some program? How do you get that metalic look or the lighting effect off of reflective material? Thanks for the help.

most of the time i use the computer to both sketch and render, i rarely use markers any more...i mostly use a program called sketchbook pro as well as a program called painter, and photoshop.

not sure what you mean??? i am not really a wiz at rendering, but in general, when you want to indicate metal or reflective materials, making it high contrast (for reflective stuff) or adding strong highlights (for metals) works pretty well.

lebron rendering:
10gxl3m.jpg

Tokes:

I noticed in your renderings, the areas around the tongue are usually puffy and stretched out. Found this to be very common in your renderings. Is there a purpose? Or is this just your style of designing since you use a computer for renders?
For Sale: Nike Foamposite Pro in Carolina/White size 8 DS. PM me or email me for offers. Info in profile...

nikeflight, hmmm...you know i never really noticed that. i think i picked it up from a friend who drew shoes like that and i liked the way his stuff looked, it just seemed easier to sketch like that...so i guess it is a style thing, it does not have to do with my exclusive use of the computer, probably more due to the fact i try to sketch out it quickly.

not a problem slingit

Toke. . . the more I see your shoe the more I like it.

Another quick Q. You see how on your toe box how theres that patch where its a lighter shade of black. Is that what you mean by highlighting??? It really gives the shoe depth and I wanna learn how to do that.

Tokes you steppin it up at the right time...the lion head is dope..
I modified the final a little but we'll see.
10ifakz.jpg

Before me there was many; after me there will be none. I am the one.​

slingit, what i mean by highlights are that strong points of a lighter shade (usually white) usually get really strong at the edges . what you pointing out would be shading, there are some general rules that help to understand:

1a.the farther away a surface is from you the the less saturated (becomes more grey darker)the color will be

1b. the closer a surface is to you the the more saturated (stonger and vivid) the color will be

2. when shading chose 1 light source (the direction of the light) for your object, it makes things easier. being consistent with the light should make the result pretty clear.

something like this:

10mil3r.jpg

of course there are times when it is better to cheat on these...look at how things appear in real life, try to make note of how light affects how you see things and how you can mimic that...

thanks, mp i can not take the credit for the lion head, it is said to be the next? logo for lebron or maybe it was going to be the 1st?

Toke. . . when you did that quick sketch, was that on sketchbook or was it pen and paper? If pen do you just go over your lines to make them darker or is it a different thickness in pen?

it was done in sketchbook, though it could easily be done with pen(cil) & paper. i recommend sketching with pens because then you can not erase, it is a good way to get used to controlling your lines. to control the darkness of your lines change how hard you put down he line and how fast and smooth you draw the line. and of course you can go back over certain places and make it darker...

152323650.jpg

152323654.jpg

152323656.jpg

152323662.jpg

just a little something i drw while i was bored i do this alot don't have much self asteam about them wehn i see some of the pics on here but i thought i would just post to see what you guys think, not any good at photos shop, if iwas i have so many ideas in my head about what to do with them as a rendering.

it is based of the flight line, taking elements from shoes like the '89's, flight 95's some zoom flights, and the flightpostits, in the heal cause i like the idea of memory foam molding to your heal.

originlly i wanted that oldschool flavour to them.

plus i thought of the internal skeleton unit which i thought was pretty cool.

any thoughts on them, advice?
And shepherds we shall be, For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands,
We will flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Back
Top Bottom