On September 11th they are going to burn a Koran in NYC (serious)

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

So that means you should burn it? 
This is America. Why should we care if the Koran is burned? Our country wasn't founded on the Koran or Islam. If you're burning the American Flag, then I have a problem. If you're burning the constitution, then I have a problem.

How can people sit here and bash Religion and then get mad at this? You're getting mad at a person "of religion" burning a book "on religion." You can't hate one and not the other.

Wow.  What does what America was "founded on" have to do with what America currently stands for?  And I find it funny you have a problem with burning the Constitution when the first amendment in that very constitution is freedom of religion.  Obviously that means that America was founded on religious tolerance.  I wouldn't call burning a religion's holy book tolerant.

I'm not religious but I don't support religious intolerance.  Especially when it has potentially fatal consequences.

This is America. Why should we care if the Koran is burned? Our country wasn't founded on the Koran or Islam. If you're burning the American Flag, then I have a problem. If you're burning the constitution, then I have a problem.

How can people sit here and bash Religion and then get mad at this? You're getting mad at a person "of religion" burning a book "on religion." You can't hate one and not the other.

Wow.  What does what America was "founded on" have to do with what America currently stands for?  And I find it funny you have a problem with burning the Constitution when the first amendment in that very constitution is freedom of religion.  Obviously that means that America was founded on religious tolerance.  I wouldn't call burning a religion's holy book tolerant.

I'm not religious but I don't support religious intolerance.  Especially when it has potentially fatal consequences.

*insert   citizen kane clapping gif*

*insert   citizen kane clapping gif*

Wow..don't people understand that hateful acts like this only makes situations worse?
smh.gif

Ironic because the Conservative ideology tried to deny women equal rights in this country....

They also view feminism as the downfall of our society....

And the religion that is being thinly veiled defended while bashing another one, advocates for the same type of treatment of woman and was practiced...

Nice argument.. I just hope your neighbor doesn't stone you to death when you work on the Sabbath

Ironic because the Conservative ideology tried to deny women equal rights in this country....

They also view feminism as the downfall of our society....

And the religion that is being thinly veiled defended while bashing another one, advocates for the same type of treatment of woman and was practiced...

Nice argument.. I just hope your neighbor doesn't stone you to death when you work on the Sabbath

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

this is just despicable. I cant believe my own country sometimes
smh.gif
the same country that oppressed black people for centuries? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

this is just despicable. I cant believe my own country sometimes
smh.gif
the same country that oppressed black people for centuries? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

religion PEOPLE have been up to no good since the beginning of mankind,

Fixed.

Haven't you people learned by now, people will fight and destroy for ANY reason.

Color of skin, Drugs, Cars, Sports or etc. Spirituality isn't to blame. Stupid people are.
This
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

religion PEOPLE have been up to no good since the beginning of mankind,

Fixed.

Haven't you people learned by now, people will fight and destroy for ANY reason.

Color of skin, Drugs, Cars, Sports or etc. Spirituality isn't to blame. Stupid people are.
This
smh.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Well at least ain't no Korean being burned...like i originally thought when I caught glance at the thread title.

lol, me too...

Made me think of "Do The Right Thing"

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Well at least ain't no Korean being burned...like i originally thought when I caught glance at the thread title.

lol, me too...

Made me think of "Do The Right Thing"

Don't be surprised when these idiots ends up dead or worse. This can turn real ugly because radicals will go crazy and because of these morons innocent people that had no of this act will be paying. Man why people filled with so much hate? Why can't we be civil and rational? This is really sad.

Don't be surprised when these idiots ends up dead or worse. This can turn real ugly because radicals will go crazy and because of these morons innocent people that had no of this act will be paying. Man why people filled with so much hate? Why can't we be civil and rational? This is really sad.

Burning the Koran is PLAIN stupid.

Just because some factions misrepresent Islam (use religion as an excuse for violence) does not mean we need to deface what is considered a sacred text.

This would only further incite and instigate the wrong people while teaching hate to our own.

Wow.

I'm a Christian, and Patriotic.

But I have no tolerance for degrading someone elses religion, race, etc.

Yes, you can burn a flag, or a constitution.

I may not agree with it, BUT that is you're right.

But this... This is just looking for a fight.

I hope a Muslim-American guy sees this and whoops some %#%.

Blaming a whole religion for what happened that day is beyond ridiculous.

Wow.

I'm a Christian, and Patriotic.

But I have no tolerance for degrading someone elses religion, race, etc.

Yes, you can burn a flag, or a constitution.

I may not agree with it, BUT that is you're right.

But this... This is just looking for a fight.

I hope a Muslim-American guy sees this and whoops some %#%.

Blaming a whole religion for what happened that day is beyond ridiculous.

Burning the Koran is PLAIN stupid.

Just because some factions misrepresent Islam (use religion as an excuse for violence) does not mean we need to deface what is considered a sacred text.

This would only further incite and instigate the wrong people while teaching hate to our own.

Back
Top Bottom