Older Niker Talkers 30+

38 here. I was playing a guy online on the Dreamcast in 2K Football and he mentioned this cool website about shoes. Been lurking ever since.

I can't front, some days, I be like "why am I still here?" but the inner me is still 15 at times, so I feel right at home, but you pick your battles on here. You don't have to go back and forth all the time. I like to be chill here most of the time anyway.

Really couldn't say it better myself. I'll be 34 in August and this is so true.

Long live NT!!

I'm 42
eek.gif
.  I've been on NT since 2001 and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first NIKE Basketball/Brand Jordan employees to join.  

To me, the biggest changes over the years are:

1. Trying to keep up with so many releases.

2. The unfortunate overall decline in Brand Jordan releases in every category - I haven't owned a numbered Air Jordan since the XVI.  I live in one of the largest cities in the country, but I just do not see kids wearing the AJ 28 on the street or at the gym.  It's really strange.

3. The same threads seem to stay on the first page of the NIKE and Jordan Brand forums for a long time.

4. MSRPs of $250+ - I was telling my wife last night that I'm glad I came up in the 80's and 90's.

^ yeah, you're right. Kids don't want the newer joints. I don't blame them. Tech wise, they might be great, but aesthetically, the newer models aren't that pleasing. I think they are trying to go too far out of the box for new stuff and it winds up not translating at all. Keeping it simple and classic isn't as easy as it seems though. If I was a kid coming up and being into kicks now, I wouldn't know what to do. Everything is either hyped or limited, there is no appreciation for a good shoe, just buy it because your social media is flooded and tells you to.

33 here, the general forum keeps me in tune with what the younger dudes are talking about when everyone is done hooping at the gym and we are just chopping it up. I don't really have anything in common with them, but because of the general forum I am somewhat knowledgeable of goings on.

Last edited:
I'm 42 :wow: .  I've been on NT since 2001 and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first NIKE Basketball/Brand Jordan employees to join.  

2. The unfortunate overall decline in Brand Jordan releases in every category - I haven't owned a numbered Air Jordan since the XVI.  I live in one of the largest cities in the country, but I just do not see kids wearing the AJ 28 on the street or at the gym.  It's really strange.

3. The same threads seem to stay on the first page of the NIKE and Jordan Brand forums for a long time.

4. MSRPs of $250+ - I was telling my wife last night that I'm glad I came up in the 80's and 90's.

Man I was just thinking about that, NO ONE balls in Jordan Brand shoes. The designs have just gotten ugly and it's not the same, seeing Jordan ball in the 11's made me want them even more.

Remember when Jordans 150+ were super rare, the Jordan 17's changed the game as far as price. Jordans in a suitcase :smh:

33 here, the general forum keeps me in tune with what the younger dudes are talking about when everyone is done hooping at the gym and we are just chopping it up. I don't really have anything in common with them, but because of the general forum I am somewhat knowledgeable of goings on.

The forums are a good place to be if you're in the business of keeping a business hip.

nice to know there are so many 30+ dudes here. i'm 36. i will always come here to post but mostly lurk on the women threads and funnier threads on this board.

Will be 31 later this year. First found out about NT back when I was like 16 by one of my boys. Had numerous different hobbies, interests, etc. over the years which led to me being apart of many different message boards but this is the only one I've stuck with consistently after all these years.

Last year of my twentys...Gonna enjoy the hell out of it.

Me too besides my left knee.

Fellas do y'all remember when Jordan first hit triple digits? Think it was the 9's...now these fools damn near asking for 300. My how the game has changed. Give me my chucks, vans, here and there Retros and some slick as dress shoes or casual joints and I'm good. I have a car note and major bills to pays.

Last edited:
35 here still hitting clubs and smashing 18+

Boys in the hood was one of my first movies seen in theater

Last edited:
Damn what up old heads! I mess wit the 30+ nters they always come and drop knowledge on all types of **** and believe it or not it helps a lot of us. Real **** superb advice helped me out in real life **** especially the income tax knowledge

I'm 42 :wow: .  I've been on NT since 2001 and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first NIKE Basketball/Brand Jordan employees to join.  

If Jordan's were this price when I was growing up and I asked for them, my parents would have snapped on me, heck being over 30 if I told my parents I bought some Jordan's for this much they would still snap on me.

But yeah, you just do not see flagship model Jordan's at any gym or casual wear at all, it's all about the retro movement.

Back
Top Bottom