Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

^^^^

Thats the thing, if not Scott then who? He hasn't don't a bad job at all. He got a top 4 team, maybe better, and has done so in a short time. Bad coach? Don't think so.
But how much do you credit him for their success? You can take a bum off the street and give him KD, Russ, and Harden, and they'll make the playoffs. Maybe not a bad coach, but an average one. You could replace him with a number of coaches and I think they're exactly in the same spot they are now.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

^^^^

Thats the thing, if not Scott then who? He hasn't don't a bad job at all. He got a top 4 team, maybe better, and has done so in a short time. Bad coach? Don't think so.
But how much do you credit him for their success? You can take a bum off the street and give him KD, Russ, and Harden, and they'll make the playoffs. Maybe not a bad coach, but an average one. You could replace him with a number of coaches and I think they're exactly in the same spot they are now.
It is almost like Spoelstra. They both can get away with only running ISO plays for their stars. Until they play the Spurs
laugh.gif

Even Spoelstra runs a few plays for easy butckets after time outs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Even Spoelstra runs a few plays for easy butckets after time outs
30t6p3b.gif
Spo's inbounds plays are usually on point 

^^^^

Never said he was great, just good. I see your point but keep this in mind, NY has one of the most talented teams in the NBA on paper correct? Where are they now? Plus winning is what's looked at the most correct? Every yeah the thunder continue to improve. I don't think the coach is the problem. The thunder are a scoring in the paint big man away from being a younger SA spurs.

^^^^

IMO, for the fact that Brooks can keep Perkins under control, westbrook & durant happy,  and Harden(can start for any team) happy with his role off the bench makes him a good coach/manager. I put this lost on the players, they were up by 7 late in the game and let the Spurs get easy layups while the thunder shoot 20ft jumpers. Im not sure what was up with Ibaka not playing but trust the reasoning for him not playing to be better for the team in the long run.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

^^^^

IMO, for the fact that Brooks can keep Perkins under control, westbrook & durant happy,  and Harden(can start for any team) happy with his role of the bench makes him a good coach/manager. I put this lost on the players, they were up by 7 late in the game and let the Spurs get easy layups while the thunder shoot 20ft jumpers. Im not sure what was up with Ibaka not playing but trust the reasoning for him not playing to be better for the team in the long run.

Yeah having the best shot blocker in the league ride the pine while the other team is getting layups is players' fault
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

How is Crawford going to wait to see that Duncan missed to make that beyond questionable call?

something ive noticed more and more these playoffs
30t6p3b.gif
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2840587

not really talking about crawford, talking about how refs are waiting to see if players miss shots to call fouls, some late $$% calls
30t6p3b.gif

Spurs finished with Neal, Parker, Manu,Duncan, Jackson on the floor. The thunder could have put Ibaka in instead of perkins to hold Duncan but just think they went with Perkins. Mabey next game Ibaka will get his shot but I dont think they are going to be able to play perkins and Ibaka together down the stretch against the Spurs. If Duncan abuses Ibaka next game late, yall going be yelling for perkins
laugh.gif

^^^^

IMO, for the fact that Brooks can keep Perkins under control, westbrook & durant happy,  and Harden(can start for any team) happy with his role off the bench makes him a good coach/manager. I put this lost on the players, they were up by 7 late in the game and let the Spurs get easy layups while the thunder shoot 20ft jumpers. Im not sure what was up with Ibaka not playing but trust the reasoning for him not playing to be better for the team in the long run.

So everything positive, credit the coach, everything negative is the players fault? Sounds eerily similar to Jesus and every other God in religion.
laugh.gif
at you puttin' Brooks on that type of pedestal.

Yall are acting like Duncan was putting in major work. He had 16 and 11 on 15 shots (40% shooting) and was at the top of the key most of the game after setting screens. For whatever disadvantage you get going from Perkins to Ibaka defensively, you gain an advantage in rim protection. They doubled us up 52 to 26 in the paint, particularly in the 4th where Ibaka didn't play. It was layup city.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Lol, you thunder "fans" sound like laker fans right now. They lost a game to a good team and now you want the entire team taken apart. It's one game, it's a young team.

Name one Scott Brooks fan.

You during round1, round 2, and any other game they win.
You're trollin. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still say Thunder in 5 or 6 off of youth and talent, not coaching. Scott Brooks hasn't won a single game in his career that I've watched the Thunder play.

Your trollin. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still say Thunder in 5 or 6 off of youth and talent, not coaching. Scott Brooks hasn't won a single game in his career that I've watched the Thunder play.

Naw bro, by your logic all brooks does is hand them water. How many teams with talent don't even make the 1st round of the playoffs, or even make it in. He's no P Jackson but he's doing work.

You're trollin. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You honestly believe the Thunder can win four in a row? That's a lot to ask.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

You're trollin. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You honestly believe the Thunder can win four in a row? That's a lot to ask.
laugh.gif

Whoever can't see the clear flaws in Brooks as a coach isn't that smart and doesn't know much about what a coach is suppose to do in the NBA. It's not ALL Brooks fault that the team lost tonight but he didn't help them much and managed to hurt them as well with lineups in the end.

Never said he was great, just good. I see your point but keep this in mind, NY has one of the most talented teams in the NBA on paper correct? Where are they now? Plus winning is what's looked at the most correct? Every yeah the thunder continue to improve. I don't think the coach is the problem. The thunder are a scoring in the paint big man away from being a younger SA spurs.
NY doesn't have one of the most talented teams on paper... plus they had injuries that meant the team was rarely at full strength.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

So everything positive, credit the coach, everything negative is the players fault? Sounds eerily similar to Jesus and every other God in religion.
laugh.gif
at you puttin' Brooks on that type of pedestal.

Yall are acting like Duncan was putting in major work. He had 16 and 11 on 15 shots (40% shooting) and was at the top of the key most of the game after setting screens. For whatever disadvantage you get going from Perkins to Ibaka defensively, you gain an advantage in rim protection. They doubled us up 52 to 26 in the paint, particularly in the 4th where Ibaka didn't play. It was layup city.

Not really trying to putt him on a pedestal, just saying they had a chance to win the game tonight but had a couple of defensive breakdowns late that cost them the game, It doesnt matter if Mutombo was in the game some of those lay ups no defenders were around because they blew by the guards so fast.

Thunder were up 9 goin' into the 4th.
30t6p3b.gif

I really thought the Thunder were gonna pull away because of the transition points and the many turnovers from San Antonio.

This series is everything I expected, fantastic. Hopefully the Thunder win game 2 to make things even more interesting. Imagine if KD got his ring this year and Fisher his sixth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Spurs make all the little moves that seem so obvious in hindsight but were pretty genius in the moment; picking up Diaw after the Bobcats released him, getting Stephen Jackson, developing Splitter, drafting Leonard. As much as they're perceived as an old team, the Spurs and their management are constantly thinking of ways to re-tool to stay relevant.

Back
Top Bottom