Oil changes are overrated

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

bad message for irresponsible BMW owners.... now they'll think they can let their car go 60k without an oil change....

..are we looking at the same pics?
laugh.gif

Its my understanding that its not a big deal if you go 4-5k without one and that it was more of a marketing tool to generate more money back in the day.

how do you clean that??? you cant just change the oil, dont you have to strip it down and relube the entire engine???
To get that sludge out I would think you'd have to completely tear the engine down clean it and rebuild it...mechanics?
nerd.gif

I typically go 5,000 depends on your driving habits though.

Back in like 2001 my best friends uncle told him some foolishness about oil changes and fluid level checks weren't needed it was just the oil companies,Jiffy Lube, and car makers way of making more money. This idgit drove his Ford Contour for like a year without changing his oil. Was going to work one dayand it locked up on him...transmission shot...

It boggles my mind when people do this to there cars. Your lucky enough to have a car, a nice one at that, and can't even get a simple oil change done atthe right interval.

Back
Top Bottom