Ohio dairy farm brutality (video) *viewers descretion is adviced*

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 to the people saying they are just animals and that we eat them in the end.

Y'all gotta get your *%$* straight, killing and torturing are TWO totally different things that should NEVER be considered the same.

I hope the poeple who are involved in this sort of things get what they deserve

they're just animals??

really??

why can't we just let them live a happy life up until we have to eat them? There is a humane way to do things.

GOT 'EM!
[h1]Ohio dairy farm worker charged with animal cruelty[/h1]

capt.75ab3742fcde4dfcb0a88e0b02d4d30f-060e5b041d4e438ca074a3671c495e8f-0.jpg

CLEVELAND – A dairy farm worker was charged Wednesday with 12 counts of cruelty to animals after a welfare group released a video it says shows him and others beating cows with crowbars and poking them with pitchforks.
The video was recorded in an undercover investigation at Conklin Dairy Farms Inc., said Mercy For Animals, a not-for-profit group that publicizes what it calls cruel practices in the dairy, meat and egg industries and promotes a vegan diet.

The video shows workers holding down newborn calves and stomping on their heads. It shows one worker wiring a cow's nose to a metal bar near the ground and repeatedly beating it with another bar while it bleeds.

The charged worker, Billy Joe Gregg Jr., 25, was jailed in Mechanicsburg and was to be arraigned Thursday, Marysville prosecutor Tim Aslaner said. The Delaware, Ohio, resident didn't have a lawyer, the Marysville Municipal Court said. A telephone number listed under his name was disconnected.

Each cruelty to animals count he faces has a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $750 fine.

Conklin Dairy Farms, a fourth-generation family operation based in Plain City, condemned the video footage and said Gregg was fired on Wednesday. It said it was cooperating with authorities.

"We will not condone animal abuse on our farm," the dairy said in a statement released Wednesday. "We have launched our own internal investigation into this matter and will be conducting interviews with everyone on our farm who works with our animals."

The sheriff's office said the investigation was ongoing and may result in further charges.

Investigators are reviewing about 20 hours of raw video footage the animal welfare group says it secretly recorded at the farm between April 28 and Sunday.

Sheriff's deputies were called to the dairy to provide security while Gregg was fired. When deputies asked why Gregg was being fired, they learned about the video, which had been presented to the Marysville prosecutor's office on Monday.

"We hadn't even seen the YouTube video," Chief Deputy Tom Morgan said.

Morgan said there are three to four people featured in the video. He said the footage shows Gregg punching and striking cattle in the face and various parts of their bodies with metal pipes and pitchforks.

"We've got a lot of video that has to be reviewed," he said. "And we have to identify who all is involved."

Last year, Mercy For Animals, which is based in Chicago, released a video showing workers at an Iowa egg hatchery tossing male chicks into a grinder. Industry groups said such instantaneous euthanasia was a common practice because male chicks can't lay eggs or be raised quickly enough to be sold for meat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a..._ge/us_cow_beating_video

LOL

[h1]Can Alleged Animal Abuser Land Job As Police Officer?[/h1]
610x.jpg

UNION COUNTY, Ohio --
The Delaware man accused of slamming, kicking and poking cows with a pitch fork is studying to become a law-enforcement officer.

Billy Joe Gregg Jr., 25, faces 12 charges of animal cruelty after an animal advocacy group went undercover to videotape horrible images of abuse.

Appearing in court for a bond hearing Thursday, Gregg argued for a lower bond on the grounds that he is studying to become a police officer. Gregg is a student at Columbus State Community College.

"I'm actually in a law-enforcement program because I have been a police officer, so I have exams," Gregg said. "I know those charges are pretty serious, but if I don't show up for those exams I'll be in more financial ruins 'cause I don't have a job now."

Conklin Dairy Farms of Union County fired Gregg Wednesday. He faces nearly three years in prison if convicted of all 12 counts of animal cruelty. The charges are second-degree misdemeanors.

Some central Ohioans expressed shock when they heard Gregg wants to continue his law enforcement pursuits.

"I would be terribly upset if he would become an officer, especially if he was set out on any case with the animals." said Brenda Baker of Columbus

Added Judah Hout of Reynoldsburg, "I'd be a little freaked out if that guy was a cop. If he's got that kind of anger toward an animal, I don't know what kind of anger he'd have toward somebody else."

If convicted of multiple counts, Gregg could not land a job in the Columbus Division of Police because of city policy prohibiting applicants with a felony conviction, a misdemeanor conviction in the last five years or two misdemeanors as an adult.

Lorain, Ohio's police department rules out applicants with felony convictions but does not address misdemeanors.

But police departments can still use discretion to reject an applicant. Local Fraternal Order of Police President Jim Gilbert said that if Gregg were convicted of multiple counts of animal cruelty, "I can't see any police agency hiring him."

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

They're just animals..
Exactly. There are human rights issues that need to be addressed.

The ignorance on NT never ceases to amaze me. Anyone who condones this kind of behavior cannot be serious about addressing human-rights issues. Black people were considered less than human at some point in this country, and there's no doubt in my mind they were treated like this. All animals, humans or otherwise feel pain.

those hillbilly n's...need a xbox or something... i wouldnt doubt if they were having sex with those cows.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Although they are only animals and are going to be killed anyway, they should still be treated with some sense of decency. If people can display this type of brutality with animals, then it would not be wrong to assume that they would display similar brutality towards other people.

that's what im sayin.

I saw this video about a week or two ago when it first hit the web, and turned it off about 30 seconds into it. Any person that treats an animal like this is wrong. To beat and poke, and stab at them, kick and punch them is @@%!$% up. Now if they are slitting their throats to kill them to be used for food, by all means do it, but this is just wrong.

And anyone that thinks otherwise can +@$%.

Wait... whats that I see?

Could it be?

Of course!
Another L for Ohio

P.S. This guy is a piece of %@%@ and I hope he gets raped in jail

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Although they are only animals and are going to be killed anyway, they should still be treated with some sense of decency. If people can display this type of brutality with animals, then it would not be wrong to assume that they would display similar brutality towards other people.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

They're just animals..
Exactly. There are human rights issues that need to be addressed.

The ignorance on NT never ceases to amaze me. Anyone who condones this kind of behavior cannot be serious about addressing human-rights issues. Black people were considered less than human at some point in this country, and there's no doubt in my mind they were treated like this. All animals, humans or otherwise feel pain.
QFT.  What a stupid excuse it is to use human rights issues as a reason why it's ok to abuse animals.  As long as people do stupid things such as abusing animals, there will always be human rights issues.  We are animals too, in case you guys forgot.  NO ONE is suggesting that we put aside human rights issues to look out for "animal rights." 

madthrow.gif

Conklin Dairy Farms, a fourth-generation family operation based in Plain City, condemned the video footage and said Gregg was fired on Wednesday. It said it was cooperating with authorities.

"We will not condone animal abuse on our farm," the dairy said in a statement released Wednesday. "We have launched our own internal investigation into this matter and will be conducting interviews with everyone on our farm who works with our animals."

- In the video they showed Gary Conklin, owner of the plantation, kick/stomping a cow
smh.gif
.  I'm SURE they used to do the exact same thing to their slaves, once upon a time...!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by XxToWrXx

They might be "only" animals but they're still God's creations
LOL.
These guys are just mad and probably don't have, and maybe never had, a female.
Their actions won't make me give up meat or dairy products though

Back
Top Bottom