Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It’s funny you asked that. Me and my gf jhss6jhss6 just started all 3 a few months ago. Was able to catch return of the Jedi in a private theater party. We started Star Wars then Harry Potter she liked hardy potter so much we completed that before continuing Star Wars. Watched one lord of the rings and she hates them lol.

Hates LOTR? Did she watch GoT? It’s in the same realm

My wife basically doesn’t like anything sci-fi or fantasy. I didn’t know that right way, but found out when she came with me to see Fellowship of the Rings in the theater. She alternated squirming in her seat or closing her eyes the entire three hours :lol: It was obvious she hated it.

Owned up to it afterward and told me she had not disclosed how much she wasn’t into that kind of movie previously because of how much I like sci-if/fantasy stuff. The cat was definitely out of the bag after that. LOL.

I wouldn't say LOTR and GOT are in the same realm at all aside from having fantasy elements. One is classic fantasy, long as ****, the other is deep political and family drama broken up into episodes so it's easier to digest. Of the options for girlfriend watches i'd say Star Wars, quick, flashy fun. You gotta ease your partner into your hobbies.

My wife basically doesn’t like anything sci-fi or fantasy. I didn’t know that right way, but found out when she came with me to see Fellowship of the Rings in the theater. She alternated squirming in her seat or closing her eyes the entire three hours :lol: It was obvious she hated it.

Owned up to it afterward and told me she had not disclosed how much she wasn’t into that kind of movie previously because of how much I like sci-if/fantasy stuff. The cat was definitely out of the bag after that. LOL.

my GF is the exact same way. She ONLY watches rom coms, romance, and Disney. No action. No sci-fi. No comedy. No fantasy.

I tried to get her to watch LOTR once and yeah, will never try that again :lol:

She’s never even seen the GOAT comedies like superbad, super troopers, dumb and dumber, anchorman, old school, etc

One time we rented an air bnb with some homies for some light partying, board games, and movies. We all came to an agreement that we wanted to watch Napoleon dynamite. She was so against it that she got all teary eyed, voice cracking, and said “fine. You all do whatever. I’m just going to sleep.”

some people just ain’t movie watching folks. And I’m starting to slowly understand it. It’s mind blowing to me, but different strokes I guess.

Thankfully, my wife likes a lot of the same comedy movies I do. Loves Stepbrothers, Superbad, There’s Something About Mary.

Not everything though. Like, since calibeebee calibeebee mentioned it, she doesn’t think Napoleon Dynamite is funny at all :lol:

my girl follows actresses and what they star. Aubrey Plaza, blake lively, and bella thorne for example. not so much the top tier acting or movies in general but since dating I have straight up told her your choices aren't good 🤷‍♂️ :lol: (that blake lively anna kendrick movie was so bad:smh:). while on the opposite we watched the new Bo Burnham special and she turned to me and admitted this is good as hell

A steady diet of nothing but rom coms and romance sounds like hell :lol:

Thank god for DIsney to act as a little bit of common ground.

you ain’t lying fam. Pixar been our only saving grace. Keeping up with the kardashians, hallmark romances, and tweenage angst shows got me like

D8418228-3385-4FA9-9D80-742900DC573C.gif

my GF is the exact same way. She ONLY watches rom coms, romance, and Disney. No action. No sci-fi. No comedy. No fantasy.

I tried to get her to watch LOTR once and yeah, will never try that again :lol:

She’s never even seen the GOAT comedies like superbad, super troopers, dumb and dumber, anchorman, old school, etc

One time we rented an air bnb with some homies for some light partying, board games, and movies. We all came to an agreement that we wanted to watch Napoleon dynamite. She was so against it that she got all teary eyed, voice cracking, and said “fine. You all do whatever. I’m just going to sleep.”

some people just ain’t movie watching folks. And I’m starting to slowly understand it. It’s mind blowing to me, but different strokes I guess.
How was she so against Napoleon Dynamite and she never saw it?

She really wanted some other movie?

I remember when Napoleon Dynamite quotes first started getting popular and had a friend who hadn't seen it, he initially didn't watch cause he thought it looked super corny, prob few months later he gets around to seeing it and even he started quoting it lol. Think lots of peeps just wanted to be different and not feel like they were feeding into the hype.

Listened to Rewatchables on Hardball today. Might have to do my own rewatch as it has been a good 15 years since I last saw it. I remember seeing it on TV once (prob TNT/TBS) and I believe they glossed over the G Baby shooting scene then mention he's dead later on smh. Also totally forgot they wasted Diane Lane in this movie lol. Also interesting how MBJ and Steelo Brim (guy from Ridiculousness) met on the set and supposedly are still friends to this day.

it was one of those movies where, when she was in High school, all the dumb obnoxious boys quoted it religiously. So she just has a natural pre-meditated hate for it.

which I can understand. For example, from 7th grade to about sophomore year in HS, TRL on MTV was our religion. All the dumb girls would be voting on Britney Spears, *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys etc. All that stuff encroached on the goat rap vids, limp bizkit and korn music I was into at the time. So for that, I have a disdain for pop music. When in reality, the pop music also had bangers.

all relative.

ima drone on for abit, so pardon me...

my experience was, napoleon dynamite had that sum of its parts, that slow burn, which take some usedto and another rewatch maybe....
you need to follow set of events leading to that ah! finale. which was gratifying.
I didn't get it at first so I don't think it's say the best date movie. most folks want that quick haha endorphin shot.
imo, a nice gauge for say a date, I'd recommend spaceballs.
or some like tropic thunder...
i believe you'll learn quite a bit about your date...
yea tldr

Hope the positive reviews on Shang-Chi keep flowing in, probably take my son to see it next week.

Back
Top Bottom