Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

30 seconds into ep 1 of season 3 of hannibal

my god this is such great cinematography 
Honestly it's the best cinematography on tv and probably better than most movies during it's 3 season run

So good it makes me drool. Just awe inspiring **** :smh:
Raid 2 is freaking outstanding. I hope they make a Raid 3.

Also, I have seen whispers of the guys from Raid 2 bein involved in some way with the Star Wars franchise. (Maul types perhaps?) Either way, sign me up for some of that Sith ****. :lol: :pimp:

Go look up who directed those movies.. You won't believe it for a solid half hour to an hour.. Guarantee you look elsewhere to confirm

Supposed to be shocked that he's white? Or am I missing something?

Yup.. And English
I wasn't that shocked Gareth Evans was white and English but I get some ppl assuming the director must be Asian.

I just wonder how much of a hand he had in choreographing the fights. Story and plot wise the story was also very good so that's like par for the course but if he brings that sort of style to all his fights in other movies son will clearly be on the rise.

Looking at his short filmography he seems to have a lean towards movies with all Asian casts or at least so far.

I'm guessing everybody loved The Raid movies so I'd say check Evans other movie Merantau

Last edited:
Work early so what is the best 90 minute movie on Netflix? :nerd:

Seen this?

No, always meant to, the cast is loaded and I've never heard anything bad about it.

Honestly it's the best cinematography on tv and probably better than most movies during it's 3 season run

So good it makes me drool. Just awe inspiring ****
mean.gif
this show just does everything right

lighting

camera angles

camera cuts

set design

score

and two things that even the best hollywood movies struggle with:

storytelling without relying on expositional dialogue 

creating tension and suspense without jump scares

"All is Lost." Anyone else seen this? I loved it. Watched it with my girlfriend, and she enjoyed it. If she enjoys a movie with like, 10 words of dialogue I highly suggest any and everyone watch. Robert Redford was fantastic, and the cinematography was a work of beauty. I honestly don't think any movie set at sea has captured both the beauty and terror of an open ocean so well. Everything was top notch here. I knew going into it that JC Chandor (director of A Most Violent Year, and a personal favorite "Margin Call") was the director, so I had high hopes, but he and Redford exceeded them.

Even for being a slow burner, the continuous peril pouring down on Redford throughout made the hour and a half fly by. No easy feat for a movie with 1 actor, 10 words of dialogue, and seemingly no end to the character's struggle.

Top class 7.8/8. Stunning film in every way.

Wow, great review. I had no interest because I assumed it was a Redford legacy movie that was nominated but not all that good actually. Good to hear.

Anybody ever have a chance to read any of the late E.L. Doctorow's work? Know of Ragtime, but just looked him up and saw he had a book released last year.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I put any thought into a review :lol: Maybe it's the quality of films I've been watching? Lulz.

Anyways JPZ, I kind of thought the same thing. I only gave it a chance because of Chandor, but I came away impressed from all involved. Give it a shot one slow night.

Finally getting around to Tyrant. Just finished S2ep1 :pimp:

:rofl: I feel like I've said this already but I'm seeing the commercials for S2 of The Stain, how the hell did that show get renewed, I think I quit on the last 2 eps, I felt like the show started out dope too.

Last edited:
Not sure of many actors that not only could've pulled Locke off & keep me interested. Kudos to Tom Hardy. Watched on a lark last night because I couldn't sleep. 6.1/8. Wanted more but it ended up being a movie with only Tom while he was in the car driving & making calls trying to prevent his life from unraveling.

You seen seasons one and two right?

The last three episodes or so might have been my favorite of the entire series. It's such a goddamn shame they're cutting this show early.

We may never see Clarice Starling on this show. :smh:

But this season looking like it's going to end with a bang. :pimp:

^^^ :lol: .

It's definitely the most stylistic. I can see how some of that can be seen as pretentious though. I personally don't feel that way, but I can see how one would.

Yeah All Is Lost was dope in a despair bleak kinda way and then some hope in the end. I reviewed it better after I watched it in here. Gresat movie.

Redford was great in it.

I do recall Louis C.K. who does sail saying he saw that movie and the writer did not consult with ppl who actually sail at all cuz Redford's character was doing all the wrong things on the boat to survive :lol: He said anybody that sails would be super frustrated watching it.

Back
Top Bottom