Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMO, Boardwalk Empire is already on that level, the writing and acting is top notch. First two seasons were superb, especially if you watch it all in one go.

God, now I have to depend on underwhelming genre television in the meantime.
Homeland later this month.
pimp.gif
And Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Fringe and Bobs Burgers.
pimp.gif

Dexter too.
grin.gif

Then in October there's The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and Happy Endings.
pimp.gif

Only shows I'll be watching this fall are Dexter and TWD.

Maybe I'll get into Boardwalk. I really want to, but finding the time is another thing.

I'm trying to get the girl caught up in Dexter, and that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for much else new in terms of TV.

Boardwalk is 10 times as good as TWD. I still havnt been past epiaode 4 of TWD season 2. What a damn struggle ugh

The beginning of Season 2 is a beating... But you get to midseason and it picks up through the end.

I'll watch Dexter, Homeland, TWD... Won't have time for much else. Will save Bob's Burgers and a couple others for next summer's endeavor.

I'm probably still odd man out, but I hate Buscemi as Nucky and Mary Macdonald's character does nothing for me either.

Chalky's that dude and Jimmy had a lot of potential/I wish the whole show was from his perspective, but still...not a fan of Boardwalk.

Dexter "should" pick up really good now that Deb will know some sort of the truth, as well as the clock is now ticking, the ultimate show down is coming. I hope it pays off so everybody will shut up about the show dying when Trinity did.

I wanted to be heavy in Boardwalk, but sharing the same timeslot with Dexter pissed me off. I made it almost all the way thru season 1 and then gave up and figured I would just re-catch it later on down the line.

Same with Walking Dead, no time to catch up, just gonna have to let it go til someday comes. Mad Men and hopefully someday The Shield will be my next projects. Not sure when I'll get started wtih those however.

I'll give Boardwalk this much...I'd rather watch it than Dexter...but I guess I'd rather watch Walking Dead than Boardwalk....It's like deciding which fat girl's the prettiest.

I'm starting to see where Kev was coming from.

How would you guys rank Spartacus, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Dexter?

Last edited:
I never got to watch Spartacus since I don't have Starz. Is it worth looking out for? That reminds me, I need to get back to watching Rome. I watched about 80% of the first season a couple of years ago and never finished. Still remember the story so I think I could jump right back in. Hell of a show.

O's gonna eat it when Dex gets wild in the next few weeks. :smh:

The closure of that show should be utterly fantastic, IF they do it right.

I'll give Boardwalk this much...I'd rather watch it than Dexter...but I guess I'd rather watch Walking Dead than Boardwalk....It's like deciding which fat girl's the prettiest.

I'm starting to see where Kev was coming from.

How would you guys rank Spartacus, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Dexter?
Madness

At this point ranking would go

Boardwalk Empire

American Horror Story

Spartacus

Dexter (crazy how this show fell off for me. I didn't think last season was that bad but maybe I'm wrong cuz I've kinda stopped caring and the previews/sneak peeks/trailer for the next season don't entice or excite me at all)

The Walking Dead (show will continue to live off the greatness of the comic and never really be a good enough adaption. Shame really I had hope for it Blame AMC and the budget they gave them and the uncreative writing when they didn't have a good enough budget)

..... and I only watched half of AHS and Spartacus. To me The Borgias is better than every show I ranked except Boardwalk Empire.

I'll ask again is anybody watching Magic City? Anybody plan on watching Vegas on CBS?

Last edited:
:nerd:

Sources have informed Nuke the Fridge that not only is a Director’s Cut being developed by Warner Bros. for “The Dark Knight Rises” but it’s going to include Bane’s origins plus a bit more of Ra’s Al Ghul that where cut from the cut of the movie.

About a month ago it was revealed by costume designer Lindy Hemming that scenes explaining Bane’s back-story for “The Dark Knight Rises” where filmed. Here’s what she told GQ during an interview where described those scenes .

“The thing that you should have seen during that sequence is [Bane] being injured in his youth. So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn’t got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and the braces. In that scene in the prison, where he’s learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he’s wearing an early version of his waist belt. It’s showing support, but it’s not the finished one he eventually wears. He’s also wearing an early version of his gas mask, all glued together … If you look at the film, unless they’ve cut it—and I’m sure they haven’t—there’s a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he’s fighting and being taunted by people. He’s got chains on him, and he’s standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he’s wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask.”

So now according to our reliable spy’s we will be able to see how Bane learns how to fight plus more scenes involving Ra’s Al Ghul. The new Director’s Cut is said to make the film about thirty minutes longer.

Until I see the Blu-ray I’m treating this as a rumor but just imagine how awesome a Christopher Nolan “Dark Knight Rises” director’s cut could be like.

The beginning of Season 2 is a beating... But you get to midseason and it picks up through the end.
I'll watch Dexter, Homeland, TWD... Won't have time for much else. Will save Bob's Burgers and a couple others for next summer's endeavor.

If you look back on it though, Season two of TWD isn't that bad in retrospect. You stay looking for that little girl, but still a lot of things happen during that time, from Carl being shot, to finding out there are zombies in the barn, Shane killing fatman to save Carl, Daryl's whole little arc, and having Lori finding out she's pregnant.

Last edited:
The Walking Dead (show will continue to live off the greatness of the comic and never really be a good enough adaption. Shame really I had hope for it Blame AMC and the budget they gave them and the uncreative writing when they didn't have a good enough budget)
I'll ask again is anybody watching Magic City?

Give TWD another shot this season. I'd imagine they have a real budget now, between ratings and the story being to the prison; make or break time for most people.

Magic City's decent. I didnt pay much attention when watching the first few episodes, so I was lost on some characters and plots, but overall it's solid and I'd say give it a shot. And Olga Kurylenko :evil:

Does anyone watch Strike Back? I think the show is :pimp:
Pretty good show. I like how the story arcs are set up, and that they give each 'side-story' 2 episodes instead of 1. Feels like it gives some more time to flesh everything out and get the details down without dragging. Could be better, but for what it is, real good. I like how they're getting darker this season, too.

As for TWD, for those that didn't notice in the news, it'll be 16 episodes this season, 8 and 8 broken up.

Strike Back's the one that looked like COD the series, right?
WIth big tittied chick from Ali G Indahouse?

Bunk that...how is this real?

CBS has collared the Beverly Hills Cop adaptation from Shawn Ryan and Eddie Murphy.

After fielding hefty offers from each of the Big Four networks, Sony Pictures TV settled on the Eye as the best home for the revival of the franchise that yielded three features starring Eddie Murphy in 1984, ’87 and 1994. The new spin will revolve around the son of Murphy’s Axel Foley character, a cop transplanted from Detroit to Beverly Hills. Aaron Foley is a blue-collar cop who is also on the force and struggling to escape the shadow of his father.

CBS has given the show a firm pilot production commitment. Murphy will appear in the pilot and may be a recurring character if the show is picked up to series.

That's the creator of The Shield...and Eddie Murphy...making Beverly Hills Cop the series.
What.

So I'm guessing I'm the only one who say and loved The Expendables 2? :lol:

And I guess I'm the only one looking forward to Sly and Arnold's new films, Bullet to the Head & The Last Stand.

Lastly, RIP to Michael Clarke Duncan. |I

Loved him in Armageddon, Sin City, and of course The Green Mile.. :frown:

Going to watch it sometime this weekend, just for old times sake.

I'll ask again is anybody watching Magic City?

Give TWD another shot this season. I'd imagine they have a real budget now, between ratings and the story being to the prison; make or break time for most people.
I'll catch the first few eps for sure but I'm up to date fully with the comic and have been way more impressed and invested in that. I was actually defending the show during the 2nd season but it got to a point even I had to stop. Never seen an adaption where the cast on tv is so much more unlikeable than the one in the comic (when most of them were alive).

Only way I'd fully jump on is if Kirkman said he was writing the scripts for an entire season instead of suggesting and adding things here and there while doing his main job. Cuz the acting on this show does leave a lot to be desired at times. I'm really uneasy how they'll approach things with the Governor in S3. Almost okay if Tyrese doesn't show up.
Bunk that...how is this real?

CBS has collared the Beverly Hills Cop adaptation from Shawn Ryan and Eddie Murphy.

After fielding hefty offers from each of the Big Four networks, Sony Pictures TV settled on the Eye as the best home for the revival of the franchise that yielded three features starring Eddie Murphy in 1984, ’87 and 1994. The new spin will revolve around the son of Murphy’s Axel Foley character, a cop transplanted from Detroit to Beverly Hills. Aaron Foley is a blue-collar cop who is also on the force and struggling to escape the shadow of his father.

CBS has given the show a firm pilot production commitment. Murphy will appear in the pilot and may be a recurring character if the show is picked up to series.

That's the creator of The Shield...and Eddie Murphy...making Beverly Hills Cop the series.
What.
Half hr comedy show and I'm in but if this is some action dramedy hr long attempt of transplanting the feeling of the movie in to some long lasting series I'll be wary to invest in it especially since it's on CBS.

I know "creator of The Shield" brings some clout but at the end of the day it's still a guy taking the BHC movie franchise and trying to make a tv show out of it. Plus I'm not really aware of Eddie's track record of being behind the scenes of successful tv shows or movies.

No lie I'd probably just prefer another Beverly Hills Cop movie :lol: Old Foley going in for his last ride as a cop. Hell make a "One Last 48 Hours" movie too :tongue:

Last edited:
Well, one problem is that TWD isn't on a premium channel like HBO or Showtime. The future of the show will be based on this season. There should be a lot of things that either have to do, or will have to bust their *** to replace. They'd be able to get away with it on a network like HBO, but not AMC.

We'll see.

The Governor will be tricky to pull off. Not sure if it can be done as it is in the comics, but I really hope it can be. I'm pretty sure T-Dog is gonna take Tyresse's place on the show; it's almost too late to introduce him and get the character built into the show before the Gov story arc ends.

And I like some of the characters on the show. Rick, Glenn, Daryl, a couple more maybe. But yeah, the disdain I have for some of these people :lol: Lets just say, I cant wait for the end of the prison/season finale if they follow through with the comics events :nerd:

The Governor will be tricky to pull off. Not sure if it can be done as it is in the comics, but I really hope it can be. I'm pretty sure T-Dog is gonna take Tyresse's place on the show; it's almost too late to introduce him and get the character built into the show before the Gov story arc ends.

And I like some of the characters on the show. Rick, Glenn, Daryl, a couple more maybe. But yeah, the disdain I have for some of these people
laugh.gif
Lets just say, I cant wait for the end of the prison/season finale if they follow through with the comics events
nerd.gif
devil.gif

Speaking of The Shield and the new Vegas show...Michael Chiklis will never be anyone other than Vic Mackey to me now. I'm watching the promos for Vegas and he's supposed to be this slick talking suit-wearing businessman, it just doesn't work for me :lol: He's gonna need to look like he did for The Commish for me to take him seriously in another role

Back
Top Bottom