Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sat down and watched Midgets in the Wilderness this weekend. Also known as The Hobbit.

tommy-lee-jones-is-not-amused.gif

To go off what Venom put out there, I won't go into the same detail as he did, but I'll list some others I'm a little surprised didn't make his list, or even his honorable mentions.

Catching Fire. (Hunger games sequel)
Oz the Great and Powerful
Lone Ranger
Fast and Furious 6 (I mean, come on, I'm typing this from the front of the line already)
World War Z
Despicable Me 2
Sin City 2
Jack Ryan
Hobbit 2
Thor 2 (lotta 2's this year it seems)
Gi Joe 2 (see?)

:lol:

Anywyays, between his 20+ and these, 2013 looks like it'll be a strong year.

Sin City 2
This is what I'm most looking forward to. Some great additions have been made to the returning cast, hope it doesn't disappoint after this long wait.

Also anticipating 300: Rise of an Empire. Don't know much about director Noam Murro, so not too sure what to expect.

I just came in here to praise venom for his Top 20-to-look-forward-to list for 2013, but he already posted it. Nice writeup man; you listed some movies I had heard about and wanted to hear more of, and then some I never even heard of.

:lol: OP maybe you should change the title of the thread to "name your favorite movies, books, tv shows". This is my first time in this thread since I saw it in S&T a loooong time ago and I see it evolved to more than just sports related entertainment :lol:

Anyways this is a :pimp: thread I can't believe I slept on it for so long. I'm taking notes of a lot of the movies/shows recommended here, I'm always looking for something new to watch :smokin

To whoever said Kathryn Bigelow was robbed... LOL.

After being handed every award conceivable for that trash three years ago, she deserves a timeout, no matter what.

And easy on the Jennifer Lawrence slander. Homegirl is great at her craft. And any interview I have ever read has at least one piece of gold in it. She seems like something of a rebel. I like that.

Last edited:
To whoever said Kathryn Bigelow was robbed... LOL.

After being handed every award conceivable for that trash three years ago, she deserves a timeout, no matter what.

thank you

she was handed the award because she was a woman and as a statement against the wars

I remember coming out of the hurt locker like oh that was pretty cool. The ending was great

then I see BEST PICTURE BEST DIRECTOR and i'm like WHAAAAT :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The move will not stand the test of time. It will not be remembered as even a top 20 war movie. It's just a pretty cool movie that people won't give a second view

:lol: OP maybe you should change the title of the thread to "name your favorite movies, books, tv shows". This is my first time in this thread since I saw it in S&T a loooong time ago and I see it evolved to more than just sports related entertainment :lol:

Anyways this is a :pimp: thread I can't believe I slept on it for so long. I'm taking notes of a lot of the movies/shows recommended here, I'm always looking for something new to watch :smokin

Welcome in. :smokin

And yeahno, I'll never change the title of the thread, this is my home, even tho a tornado uprooted me a few states. :lol:

Agree with Kev about J-Law ( :lol: ) someone said she was down for the cause, um no. She is the real deal, and has a personality most actress couldn't even act like if they were bein paid. Her Entertainment article this week was hilarious how she kept yelling into the recorder she was pregnant, just to make fun of all the idiots that believe everything. She was hilarious, and never afraid to make fun of her own self. Add that to all the talent she's displaying, and that's a wrap. She even mentioned being freaked out by the media and them always searching for a picture, so she wears her robe everywhere she goes, she doesn't want them making money off her when she's just walking to the beach or something to that effect. And of course, her tweet the other day with a roll of duck tape and the word sex written on it, saying only, "here's my sex tape" :rofl: :rofl: She's insanely likable and I suspect, going to be around for a long long time as an elite actress.

I figured the title would have been changed after the move. It probably should be since it discourages those who might want to talk about non sports movies but don't know the deal

lynch is a trip. ever watch eraserhead? i swear that was one of the weeeeirdest movies ever and i have no clue how it ends since i couldn't take that damn baby screaming anymore.

nah, i'm not a horror fan prob watch 10 years from now on a rainy day

the title should probably change but i mean it's a 617 page thread :lol: no way people can think it's all sports

CP doesn't like change :lol:

Last edited:
I'm on page 925. You guys must have 30 posts per page? :nerd:

And yes, how people still only read the title, enter in page ___ 600 or 900, whatever and post Blue Chips and bounce, I'll never understand in a billion years. :lol: Not reading a single post within the actual thread, going off title alone? To me that says they don't have any interest in reading the thread in the first place, title be damned.

We've had enough trauma in here, no more changes. :smh:

Last edited:
What I shoulda done was rename this the Detroit Pistons season thread and NOBODY woulda ever found us. We'd be in S&T up to 14,000 pages and still not get discovered. :lol:

I shoulda thought of that a week ago. :smh:

What I shoulda done was rename this the Detroit Pistons season thread and NOBODY woulda ever found us. We'd be in S&T up to 14,000 pages and still not get discovered.
laugh.gif

I shoulda thought of that a week ago.
mean.gif
If you did that though, Zyzz might've been up in this thread since he's a Pistons' fan and if that was the case I'd rather the thread get deleted all together.

BTW, don't know how many Fringe fans are on here but the 2 hour series finale is on Friday.
frown.gif

^^^CP, you're absolutely right about Lawrence's EW interview. Really makes her sound like a normal, super cool chick who just happens to be a movie star. One of my complaints with a lot of the people in the entertainment industry in general is how seriously they take themselves. She doesn't seem like that at all. I loved her line about the dude from Inside the Actor's Studio hating her because she has "no method." That was awesome.

On the strength of that interview and how hot I think she is, I think she just moved into the number 1 spot on my list.

Watched the first 20 minutes of Django at home and it's already so much better than my viewing in the theater.

I couldn't notice any of the details with everyone cracking up all over the place

Waltz's personality traits show much more. He is all about the theatrics. Clearly looks down and thinks he's smarter than everyone

Makes his decision to shoot Candi much more understandable. Dude couldn't take what happened to his EGO. In many ways it was selfish because Django was put in a horrible position. But another part of me doesn't think he thought he would be able to get out of the house.

There isn't enough discussion on his decision to shoot Candi. Everyone is too busy talking about whether the movie is racist or not. The King character is very complex

BTW, don't know how many Fringe fans are on here but the 2 hour series finale is on Friday. :frown:

I refuse to watch it unless someone tells me it all fits together in cohesive fashion

I will not get lost again

MR O gave a good description if it

New shows are back on
pimp.gif

Fringe
The Office
The Big Bang Theory
Family Guy
The Simpsons
30 Rock
Modern Family
American Dad
How I Met Your Mother
Robot Chicken
The Cleveland Show
2 Broke Girls
Two and a Half Men
nerd.gif

Can't stop watching a show I'm caught up with
embarassed.gif
:riceboy
Also Workaholics is back tomorrow and Archer on Thursday.

Jennifer Lawrence is just all around terrific, that much is clear by now. Can do comedy and drama, and excel in both. Funny and likable in interviews, while appearing genuine and honest. Plus she's gorgeous. 

Speaking of awesome actresses

kendrick-twitter-gosling.jpg

Back
Top Bottom