Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Some of the best television ever aired. Season 1 of Homeland still holds up after not seeing it in years.

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vUlRUVjI3NzA5NC53ZWJw

Damien Lewis man... what a performance.
Season one is one of the best seasons ever. They should've killed off Brody in the season finale. I lost interest as the seasons progressed.

Just watched The King's Man for the first time a couple months ago.
Watching Kingsman: Secret Service tonight.
Could really do without Luke Skywalker & Mace Windu.
Fun movie otherwise.
Samuel L's accent is abominable. 😬
First one was pretty damn good. Then the movies kept getting worse.

I'll never understand greedy film/music execs. I'd like to think if I make a hefty profit i'd break the talent off a decent chunk.

Writer-directors Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sánchez had trained the actors, all in their early 20s, to operate the cameras and sound equipment and then dropped them off into the woods with a series of story prompts from which they improvised the entire film. But they couldn’t talk about it. Instead, the actors spent months laying low to preserve the fabricated conceit that “The Blair Witch Project” consists of footage shot by student filmmakers before they disappeared without a trace into the Maryland woods. Artisan Entertainment, which acquired the film at Sundance for $1.1 million, took maintaining that illusion so seriously that the actors were barred from appearing at its Cannes Film Festival premiere that May. Donahue had hired a publicist, who was then prohibited from booking interviews. After Leonard was cast in an independent film, he was admonished: He wasn’t supposed to reveal that he was an actor, let alone that he was alive.

For months, the three endured these indignities because they thought that, given how much they’d contributed to the movie’s success, the “Blair Witch” windfall would eventually arrive. Instead, to commemorate the film breaking $100 million at the domestic box office, Artisan sent each actor a fruit basket.

On the eve of the October 2000 release of “Blair Witch 2,” Donahue rallied Williams and Leonard to sue Artisan. Three years later, in February 2004, they arrived at a roughly $300,000 settlement that would be paid to each of them over several years. By comparison, The New York Times reported that year that Haxan and its investors earned “an estimated $35 million to $40 million” from “The Blair Witch Project.”

• Wow
Reactions: sb
You guys have any idea how many times I'm gon see Ballerina when it comes out?

Theater gon charge me rent.

Movie suggestions, please. :smile:
First one I haven't seen that's on one of my streaming services, I'm watching.

Netflix
AppleTV
Showtime/Paramount
hulu
Max
D+
Peacock
Starz
Tubi

Gonna give it like an hr or so while I'm in Lowe's.

First thing you name that is on one of those and I haven't seen.

Back
Top Bottom