Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Insomnia during the weekend. Man so good. I usually watch all of Nolan’s films, but insomnia don’t really stream too much. I love when Robin Williams would do serious roles like this, bicentennial man, good will huntin, etc. Pacino was going through it :lol: such a dope plot.

Arrival last night. First time since the theater. Man Dennis knows how to make film and build the scene up. When Louise going to first see the aliens and then it jumped to the next scene. So damn good.
Perfect 8/8 FILM.
My favorite of all time.

Currently, first time:

IMG_2779.jpeg

Never saw that PCU joint but after reading the synopsis I'm intrigued. Looks like its not on any streamers so will have to do some sailing of the high seas.

Who is the first old guy in the top left?

The rest I strongly agree with :lol: Some of the most manipulative villains in fiction.

Last edited:
This guy is so good in this, I only knew him from American Gangster.

IMG_2790.jpeg

The daughter is acting the hell out of it as well.

Do you guys mentally categorize “covid movies” or is it just me? Like anything that came out between 2020 and early 2022 i instantly associate it with being cooped up during lockdowns……which is such a bizarre sentence.

But yeah like I’m watching Mortal Combat and I forget what year it came out but my INSTANT thought right before starting was “oh one of those covid movies”

Theaters closed nationally yes? Or people just stopped going all together? Seems like 100 years ago.

A lot of those were filmed before Covid came to the States so there’s not much within the movie itself that strikes me.

But I definitely remember the movies that would’ve been in theaters that hit streaming first ‘because’ of Covid: Dune, Mortal Kombat, Suicide Squad, and more. I’ll remember those as a part of that time.

Theaters basically were closed until Nobody and Tenet came out aside from extreme circumstances.

Tenet is the movie I associate with COVID

And I got the vaccine because they wouldn't let you into the movie theater without the vax card to see No Time to Die

Striptease 6.5/8 people are sleeping saying it was a Demi feature more so than a movie, there are 4-6 characters in here that are amazing.

Anyone But You was actually pretty good. I did not expect to like it.

Sydney tho....... Jesus. :blush:
I was optimistic. I liked both leads I like Will Gluck and the movie delivered. They had great chemistry. The premise was silly and unique enough and I think the supporting cast was pretty good as well. As far as the comedy part of the rom-com, I think they nailed it

I was optimistic. I liked both leads I like Will Gluck and the movie delivered. They had great chemistry. The premise was silly and unique enough and I think the supporting cast was pretty good as well. As far as the comedy part of the rom-com, I think they nailed it

The "Something About Mary" close just sent me out of the theater chuckling too. I really liked that close.

Who is the first old guy in the top right?

The rest I strongly agree with :lol: Some of the most manipulative villains in fiction.
Idk how you looking at it but top guy is Jurassic park owner. :lol:
Bottom guy Uncle Joe from Willy wonka and the chocolate factory was a damn disgrace. Damn family living in poverty and this old dude in bed chilling :lol: until he got a ticket to the factory and started dancing :rofl:

Do you guys mentally categorize “covid movies” or is it just me? Like anything that came out between 2020 and early 2022 i instantly associate it with being cooped up during lockdowns……which is such a bizarre sentence.

But yeah like I’m watching Mortal Combat and I forget what year it came out but my INSTANT thought right before starting was “oh one of those covid movies”

Theaters closed nationally yes? Or people just stopped going all together? Seems like 100 years ago.
COVID movies for me are Tenet (I actually snuck out and watched it in theaters) and the WB movies that streamed on Max (The Little Things, Dune, Mortal Kombat, Godzilla vs Kong).

Back
Top Bottom