Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently.

First time:

IMG_1467.jpeg

On Netflix.

My grandparents had the first true big screens. They were only like 32 inches but they came in a big decorative wood box with speakers built in. I only remember it working when I was really young, it really just was a table for another slightly smaller screen tv and family pictures🤣

I have been trying to watch this BODIES for a few days now and I can’t get into it.
I’m so distracted.

I hear it’s really good, going to try harder

Not surprised.

I got this feel way back when I heard the premise of the movie. Doesn’t seem like Marty got that balancing act right.

I still would’ve preferred The Devil in the White City movie.

Been watching Bosch on amazon prime as of late

really good police procedural show, like a cross between Justified and The Shield

doesn’t quite reach the highs of either of those shows but it mixes both of them and does it’s own thing well

I can tell it's going to be a long while before I get to watch this FILM.
When I first heard the criticism from Christopher Cote(Osage Language Consultant) about it being told from a Lens of Love- I lost interest.
Hearing the praise from our NT TEAM kept it alive for me but I'm in no rush to watch, if it hits APPLE I will watch it right away I'm sure.

This probably means they got bought out?

killers of the flower moon was really good.

glad i learned a new piece of (tragic) history.

the 3 1/2 hours didn’t feel too bad tbh. the movie paced it myself very well.

edit*

regarding the criticism posted above, i get it. some of the death scenes made it look like a goofy joke.

Last edited:
I saw Killers of the Flower Moon last night and really enjoyed it. Could see De Niro getting the supporting actor oscar for this.

I knew going in the love story would be a central part of the film and it largely focused on a particular Osage family. The long run time didn't seem like it dragged for me. I liked Plemons character but Fraser's seemed a bit out of place and the way he spoke was odd at times.

I know these type of films will take liberties with the true story/actual events but am just glad it's brought some more attention on the events and the Osage tribe. The book it's based on seems like a really good read.

I'd give it a 6/8.

Back
Top Bottom