Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMG_0423.jpeg

Actually 45% is a higher score than I was expecting, I'll see it when it streams.

Knock at the Cabin was like the safest movie M Night has ever made. I didn’t think it was great, but it least wasn’t a joke like some of his poorly received films.

One cool line I liked was this:

“Maybe the truth is... is that the end was happening long before we got to this cabin. And what we're seeing now isn't the fireworks. It's just the final flickering sparks.”

Which is the only thing that related for me. Like, we got aliens, global warming has progressed to irreversible status, riots, 90% of animals extinct, ice melting, plagues, pandemics, threat of nuclear war, asteroids, brain chip implants……it feels like the world is pretty much over, we just don’t reallly know yet. We’re dinosaurs but we still act like we rule the planet.
IMG_1936.gif

That show Ghosts on CBS is the type of new ideas these networks should be trying... not another guy/girl detective tandem show, not another exploitation of fire or police department(s) show... they need to just try crazy ideas, because they cancel everything anyway if they don't work. So why not just throw **** against the wall? Why hasn't FOX, ABC, CBS, or NBC tried to do another 'The OC'? Riverdale was a hit for The CW.

This is the time to ideate this type of pivot since there are no writers and nothing new is being made.

I've only seen like five minutes of Ghosts :lol: but even that small sample size, it's upper echelon for networks amongst all this absolute **** they pour out.

Painkiller

Buddy this is some hard hitting ****.
Downright unreal.
Anybody who has 1. Ever dealt with addiction to opioids or 2. Has a family member/friend who they’ve watched destroy their life understands the seriousness of what Big Pharma did, was allowed to do and get away with…oh man this is really going to have me in a rage before it’s over.

Uzo Aduba’s character of Edie doesn’t make it any easier with portrayal of someone who is completely fed up and wants the heads of every body involved at at one point you think Man, why is she so mad, so hard on everybody she comes into contact with, then I think of the friends and family I lost years with because of this drug and man, all of a sudden I understand why she is so upset.

This is good, it it’s going to be a tough long watch.

Painkiller

Buddy this is some hard hitting ****.
Downright unreal.
Anybody who has 1. Ever dealt with addiction to opioids or 2. Has a family member/friend who they’ve watched destroy their life understands the seriousness of what Big Pharma did, was allowed to do and get away with…oh man this is really going to have me in a rage before it’s over.

Uzo Aduba’s character of Edie doesn’t make it any easier with portrayal of someone who is completely fed up and wants the heads of every body involved at at one point you think Man, why is she so mad, so hard on everybody she comes into contact with, then I think of the friends and family I lost years with because of this drug and man, all of a sudden I understand why she is so upset.

This is good, it it’s going to be a tough long watch.
Dopesick with Michael Keaton and Rosario Dawson was a good series also.

This is at best a ****** movie but here we go before Rise of The MF Beasts currently, The Last Knight?

MV5BN2YwOWM4ODgtZTMzMi00ZmFmLTk5NTEtNmY4ZDcwNzQxNDhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI0NzAyNjY@._V1_.jpg

Mr. And Mrs. Smith is always a good watch... The first half and honestly most of the movie until the third act is really solid. I kind of lose interest in the third act, but their chemistry is off the charts and you could freeze frame Angelina Jolie at any point in this movie and she is just beautiful. Their fight when they destroy the house is one of my favorite movie action scene sequences because not only is it entertaining and well shot but it's also got such tension.

First time

IMG_3762.jpeg

IMG_3525.gif

Maybe you had to be there.

I had to do too much post reading to understand what the film was TRYING to do but even then there’s like 5 different ways people are interpreting the ending.

Would of been better if he was just a straight up schizo.

5.7/10

I gotta rewatch it, it’s been like 12 years since i watched it the once but I remember thinking it was good.

Mr. And Mrs. Smith is always a good watch... The first half and honestly most of the movie until the third act is really solid. I kind of lose interest in the third act, but their chemistry is off the charts and you could freeze frame Angelina Jolie at any point in this movie and she is just beautiful. Their fight when they destroy the house is one of my favorite movie action scene sequences because not only is it entertaining and well shot but it's also got such tension.

That fight scene is very well done - if you turn off the music it's incredibly violent but the music transforms it into something ridiculous.

This has got to be the most Wes Anderson of all Wes Anderson’s.
I’m annoyed by the open I’m not going to lie.
It’s starts with a Narrator telling me I’m watching an act of FICTION and the Characters are not real.
I mean, who likes to hear that right before the watch a film….I don’t.

Back
Top Bottom