Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah definitely overhyped.

She’s really nailed a few roles, but for sure been just average in others. She’s not consistently good, IMO.

* This opinion is offered without me having seen a minute of any Hunger Games movie.

^^^ I’m not sure where they’re getting the notion that Forrest clearly isn’t the father of Jenny’s son. I thought the scene where FG sits beside the kid to watch TV and they both tilt their heads in the same way was supposed to suggest the kid really is his.

UPDATE on JAWS watch/Rewatch
:wow::wow:
What a perfect film.
For the times, that Shark was friggin A-1 realistic.
Great Story, editing, sound and character development.
What a ride.

Now, the real reason I popped in….
(Couldn’t find a Trailer in English-this is playing on NETFLIX under the Title: OUTLAWS. Dubbed)

Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress, she just got pushed really hard and got over exposed. Smart of her to step back after a number of meh films but this newest one isn’t looking that good either.

She was exceptional in Silver Linings Playbook, good in Winter’s Bone, and

Had the Hunger Games trilogy, which obviously is the foundation of her box-office bookings to today, along with the critical/Academy acclaim of Silver Linings, but with Hunger Games, that was just a blockbuster franchise that she was simply only, what good or great in. The power of that series whether book or movie was the story, not JLaw’s star power. I don’t think there is a short list of others who would have been good as Katniss, it’s a long list, even if she ‘was’ good.

Wasn’t enthralled by her performance in American Hustle, all four were good in it—does anyone talk about Joy, Red Sparrow, Passengers, or Mother?

We’re heading toward 2022, and she broke out with 2010’s Winter’s Bone… so 12 years later… SLP and being the star of a book-series franchise has given her more clout than I think she actually should have.

Not to mention, I think she’s mid and mostly personality-narcissistic. :lol:

That movie where Eric from Boy Meets World is trying to bag her :lol:

MV5BNTQ4YzQzYTAtNDg4Ny00ZWY1LTliODAtNzhkYTY1OGVhMDg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjczOTU2NTI@._V1_.jpg
Eric get in line back then and even now we all still trying to bag her. LOL.
She’s really nailed a few roles, but for sure been just average in others. She’s not consistently good, IMO.

* This opinion is offered without me having seen a minute of any Hunger Games movie.
Yeah you aren't missing anything, first one was probably the best but rest were just political movies being drawn out for cash grab. Last two movies were broken up just for box office.
^^^ I’m not sure where they’re getting the notion that Forrest clearly isn’t the father of Jenny’s son. I thought the scene where FG sits beside the kid to watch TV and they both tilt their heads in the same way was supposed to suggest the kid really is his.
People really out here claiming he is not the father, don't even need a Maury episode to tell me that.

Can you imagine if he isn't and he just starts RUUUUNNNNNIIIIINNNN!!!!!

UPDATE on JAWS watch/Rewatch
:wow::wow:
What a perfect film.
For the times, that Shark was friggin A-1 realistic.
Great Story, editing, sound and character development.
What a ride.
Stories were good without big budgets or super wild special effects. Would love for a director to come through and make a similar movie without going overboard on the budget.

Had no idea. I remember that scene. Wild that that's Gaga.

I remember seeing Lin Manuel Miranda on my rewatch too. I guess this was before he had any fame.

"I dunno" :lol:

I can't imagine going through and watching ER, hell even a Law & Order rewatch seeing who was on the show before they were famous.

Back
Top Bottom