Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

When we gonna have the conversation about Nolan peaking with The Dark Knight and Inception? His films have been on a decline ever since to me with Interstellar and Dunkirk being solid but ultimately forgettable and movies I’ll never watch again.
I was gonna make the post a while back.

He literally fell off with TDKR but okay excuse that cuz that was a 3rd movie he didn't want to make. Interstellar is where I really saw the fall off. That joint was very close to style and no substance he just happened to get there with the emotional ties but for me it rang a bit hollow.

Dunkirk just suffered from not having a main protagonist to focus on like previous Nolan flicks. Also it probably wasn't what most ppl thought a Nolan war movie would be.

During that time I've just been noticing Jonathan Nolan is the superior Nolan brother with his tv work.

Been waiting to see if he'd bounce back. Still haven't seen Tenet and will reserve judgement on it despite reading opinions and critiques about it since I know my idea of complicated and confusing are different from others.

But hopefully his next movie is generally praised and he bounces back in to form.

My fav part of Tenet was staring at Debicki the entire time.
C1F05632-376E-4993-AE84-6F268C38BCB8.jpeg

ever since that surfing movie where the kid smashes her everyday and she’s into weird kinky stuff like being strangled and ****.......yeah I’m forever sprung. She doesn’t have long before the milk starts to spoil, but she’s sure nice to look at for now. #mesmerized

I actually really enjoyed I treat Elle on my second view.
that planet with The ocean/ time was so damn intense.
wasn’t a fan of him being the ‘ghost’ though thought that was a major cop out.

I was coasting through the first Wonder Woman last night... it’s just alright, I still have yet to finish it.

America loves a good WWII movie, that helped its cause.

And WWI movies aren't that popular cuz in reality it was ROUGH and cant be glamorized with good guys and bad guys the way WWII can.

And WWI movies aren't that popular cuz in reality it was ROUGH and cant be glamorized with good guys and bad guys the way WWII can.

You ain't lying. Reminds me of this doc. Made me realize WWI was so much more rougher than I imagined. These guys were nothing short of 100% grit & toughness. The conversion to color takes away a lot of that disconnect that the original black and white footage usually has. Feels more relatable and not ao long ago with colorized footage. The conditions were shocking.

My fav part of Tenet was staring at Debicki the entire time.
C1F05632-376E-4993-AE84-6F268C38BCB8.jpeg

ever since that surfing movie where the kid smashes her everyday and she’s into weird kinky stuff like being strangled and ****.......yeah I’m forever sprung. She doesn’t have long before the milk starts to spoil, but she’s sure nice to look at for now. #mesmerized

I dug her frail self in Gatsby

the-great-gatsby_55013130-4430x2434-4430x2434.jpg

People really mad that Tom cruise yelled at the crew to take this Covid thing seriously on set :smh: . They got to realize that if Hollywood stops filming for the next year and half the stars are gonna be alright it’s all the other members that need to work .
I don't think anyone was really mad. Unless I'm mistaken. I think most ppl found it comical or commendable more than anything.

Just now realizing we're not getting another season of Mindhunter. That sucks.

Cobra Kai held on longer :lol:

It takes place during the First World War though.

:0

So I meant to just watch the Chargers-Raiders as background music to WW, but that got reversed. Definitely DEFINITELY did not think I was watching anything but a WWII movie. Ah well :lol:

Watching the last flick of Steve McQueen's great Small Axe anthology and its ****** up but I don't even feel sorry for this kid in this ****** up racist education system.

Dumbass lil kid. Wanna be an astronaut but can't read. I could relate to being a badsss kid in class, bad behavior, disrupting **** for others but that was always after I got my work done :lol:

This is like when a dumb person gets sent in to a mental institution :lol: No help here.

Never new it was this bad in these types of schools :smh:

I definitely would've ended up a drug dealer and/or dead/with mad kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom