Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Kubo and the Two Strings 7.8/8

Top 5 animated films of alltime in my opinion.

The story [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The imagery [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The imagination [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The battles, the bosses, everything was flames from start to finish. I really wish I would have seen this in 3D. Laika is like Pixar in their prime.

Only knock I have against the film is I felt the characters were whispering most of the movie. It didn't really take away from the story, it was just slightly annoying sometimes

I'll check Kubo out later this month

Same here.

Gotta take Calibeebee's reviews with a spoon of salt, though.

Dude was trying to convince me that the Underworld series was better than the LOTR series a few months back.

What?!! You got me confused with someone else homie. Just saw the second underworld for the 1st time like 5 days ago :lol:

So random :lol:

Edit: Unless you're confusing somethin I said about Trilogy's, that's the only time I've ever brought up LOTR on here. BTTF best trilogy, and LOTR didn't count because making the hobbit movies made it "not a trilogy" Sound familiar?

Last edited:
first underworld was just kinda ok. second one was [emoji]128169[/emoji]
will probably not watch the 3rd.

an unpopular series that i actually really liked were the riddick movies. guess i am a sucker for sci-fi cause i hate the fast and furious movies and don't really like the xander cage ones either.

Gone Baby Gone

7 / 8

- I think I already reviewed this before, but just caught it again.

- Great film with cohesive storytelling and awesome performances from everyone.

- Not sure if the ends justify the means, but this specific case may do so.

- Very interesting dilemma regardless -- what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Arrival is the one. The cinematography, the commentary on humanity, acting on point from entire cast, the slow burn with some curveballs. Had high expectations for this one and i was genuinely satisfied. Definitely a movie where you'll pick up on details on repeat viewings. This Villanueve dude has a bright future ahead of him. Cant wait to see what he does with Blade Runner

Arrival is the one. The cinematography, the commentary on humanity, acting on point from entire cast, the slow burn with some curveballs. Had high expectations for this one and i was genuinely satisfied. Definitely a movie where you'll pick up on details on repeat viewings. This Villanueve dude has a bright future ahead of him. Cant wait to see what he does with Blade Runner

Yeah I feel like I have to watch this again. I just wasn't that impressed.

Gone Baby Gone

7 / 8

- I think I already reviewed this before, but just caught it again.

- Great film with cohesive storytelling and awesome performances from everyone.

- Not sure if the ends justify the means, but this specific case may do so.

- Very interesting dilemma regardless -- what do you guys think?
One of my favorite movies (I'm from Boston, so a little biased).

It's really one of the only movies that captures the essence of the lower class in the city. Even the the smaller roles like Corwin Earle (pedophile), Steve Penteroudakis (Greek friend at the bar), and others were very authentic and strategically placed.

Amy Ryan and Titus Welliver were perfect for this movie. Titus is pretty much a staple in all Boston movies by now
laugh.gif

The opening is still one of my all time favorites. The score is
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Arrival definitely emphasizes the cerebral and emotional aspects of sci-fi rather than whizzbang effects. Loved the realistic depiction of the protocol a nation-state would go through if first contact with an extraterrestrial became such a public spectacle. Slow-paced at times, but personally I love films like that. I imagine if you're a parent, it will hit harder for you, but I'd still rate it 7/8.

That actually looks good.

Planned on watching The Arrival today but in a down mood after the ufc event last night.

just came from Arrival, i liked it, but can understand how some wont...

of the works ive seen from Villeneuve, Arrival is not as good as Prisoners, or Sicario, but much better than Enemy...

Last edited:
In life, everyone needs a bro in his corner watching his back & ready to do battle like Wade Garrett was to John Dalton. :smokin

Last edited:
just came from Arrival, i liked it, but can understand how some wont...

of the works ive seen from Villeneuve, Arrival is not as good as Prisoners, or Sicario, but much better than Enemy...

I saw it earlier too. Liked it a lot. I love sci-fi and thought this was a really good one. The concept and ideas were presented in a way that felt fresh. I liked how they got technical with how they were going to communicate. The reveal was good too because throughout the movie there were a few clues that something was going on. At the end you're left with wondering if you would make the same decision or would you be angered like the other person involved. You leave the theater feeling happy mixed in with a little sadness. Only thing is i'm not sure how what was revealed will help them in the future.

Would you characterize Arrival as a mysterious thriller with suspense or is it a intellectual, political and social commentary disguised as an alien movie. If it's the former, I think I will watch tonight. If it's the latter, I'm kinda tired of politics right now so I'd pass lol

It's definitely not a thriller. I would say it's a very smart movie with the way they show how the main characters work and figure stuff out. The message of the movie isn't preachy or in your face. It's simple but something people should work on. I was thinking of GATTACA yesterday and this movie alao leaves you feeling positive.

Been watching this show on netflix called Spotless. Really enjoying it so far. Now I see there's a new netflix orignal titles Roman Empire: Reign Of Blood.

Amy Adams is bae but she has some long nostrils. They kept having the camera angle under her nose which wasn't flattering.

Back
Top Bottom