Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

just never been my thing

no interest of random jump scares, no interest of tones of blood and gore without much plot

i like a protagonist that is trying to achieve something, not one that spends the whole move just trying not to die

just never been my thing

no interest of random jump scares, no interest of tones of blood and gore without much plot

i like a protagonist that is trying to achieve something, not one that spends the whole move just trying not to die
thats cool man. horror is my fav genre but i can understand why you feel like that. im glad its not cause you scared. i have a 21 year old nephew who is legit scared of horror flicks and i think its pathetic. 

like ive never been scared of something in real life because of a movie but i hate random loud noises 
laugh.gif

thrillers are fun though 

Anyone born in the 80s should be well aware of Freddy and jason
no disrespect to the directors and writers that created the classic movies and actually took things seriously but this is my favourite horror movie moment of all time

this is probably my most vivid Jason memory.. or probably the end of the 1st one on the lake

freddy it's the bed scene.. or the ending of the 1st one when they come out and everything is all sunny and happy, with the little girls jumping rope

Last edited:
im sure they are great, i just dont do horror so its not for me

I hear that. Not my favorite genre in any way, but I can appreciate the good ones. But if it's not for you, it's not for you.
I would def watch a documentary of his career and some film nerd breakdowns on why his stuff was effective

The only horror movie I've watched in the past 4 years is psycho
And this is my little problem with the horror genre.

Every year I gotta sift through **** horror flicks to get to movies like that; psychological thrillers, mysteries, any thrillers really. I don't even consider Psycho a horror movie.

Wes Craven has passed away? :wow: |I

RIP Wes

We both have a fascination with the guy but for different reasons. For all the smack I've talked about Scream, it was a game changer in a time when horror was on a downward slope. This one really bums me out. I'm sure noskey noskey feels the same. |I
Yeah it bummed me out for a while yesterday. I'm not the biggest fan of his work, but I do like Nightmare on Elm St and a few others of his; I do appreciate the influence he had on the genre though. The man heavily redefined/influenced the genre twice in his career, spawning some truly great films in the wake of his great films. Not sure of too many other directors that can say the same.

I watched Spy  tonight.. not a surprise it was so good because the reviews were great, but I still didn't get around to seeing it until tonight.

Hilarious. Even if you don't like Melissa McCarthy, the rest of the cast is still really awesome. Statham is surprisingly funny, Rose Byrne is great, Bobby Cannavale was hilarious in his limited scene time. Peter Serafinowicz was killing it as the Italian spy too.

The trailers don't do the movie justice at all, far more vulgar, clever, and funny than the broad/slapstick jokes you saw in the trailer. Definitely give it a watch if you hvaen't.

Man from uncle 6.4/8

7.5/8 charismatic likable protagonists

7/8 cinematography (lens filter giving the movie a 50s feel was a nice touch)

3.5/8 plot. Not terrible or overly complex just super forgettable

Overall fun movie

Wish they kept truer to the first film.. but I guess that might have been a little too dark for Disney

I watched Spy tonight.. not a surprise it was so good because the reviews were great, but I still didn't get around to seeing it until tonight.

Hilarious. Even if you don't like Melissa McCarthy, the rest of the cast is still really awesome. Statham is surprisingly funny, Rose Byrne is great, Bobby Cannavale was hilarious in his limited scene time. Peter Serafinowicz was killing it as the Italian spy too.

The trailers don't do the movie justice at all, far more vulgar, clever, and funny than the broad/slapstick jokes you saw in the trailer. Definitely give it a watch if you hvaen't.

I watched it on Sunday and thought it was great..I think it's Melissa McCarthy's best movie that she's played the lead in..The entire supporting cast were funny, especially Statham..

My only gripe was how bad of a job they did in blending Melissa's stunt double..I mean you could tell so easily that it wasn't her..It's like they didn't even try to hide the fact she wasn't doing any of her action sequences..

Yeah it bummed me out for a while yesterday. I'm not the biggest fan of his work, but I do like Nightmare on Elm St and a few others of his; I do appreciate the influence he had on the genre though. The man heavily redefined/influenced the genre twice in his career, spawning some truly great films in the wake of his great films. Not sure of too many other directors that can say the same.

Feel the same way. Not my favorite director by any means, but it still really sucks to have lost him.

Yo, We Are Your Friends bombed... hard. $1.8M opening weekend :x :lol:

It's so bad that you wouldn't believe what movies have made more money. For starters, let's look at this weekend:

Straight Outta Compton, on its third weekend
Ant-Man, on its seventh weekend
War Room
Sinister 2
The Gift
Jurassic World, on its 12th weekend

And here are some movies from the past that did better on opening weekend:

Major League: Back to the Minors
All Dogs Go to Heaven 2
From Justin to Kelly
Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
Daddy Day Camp
Gigli
Vampire Academy
Shaun the Sheep Movie
Thomas and the Magic Railroad
Flipper
The Big Green
Sorority Row

Last edited:
The concept of that movie looked so dumb. Looked like Emily Ratajkowski was the only reason to watch it but she's probably not even naked in it.

I feel like I liraterally just started seeing commercials for that.. And when I did, did not think it was a movie til they showed the credits/rating part of the trailer

Yeah, the marketing for that movie was terrible.

Come watch a handsome, young DJ try to become successful in Los Angeles. SIGN ME UP!

Plus the trailer I saw for it tried to explain about BPM and the heartbeat of the party and I just checked out immediately 
laugh.gif

Yeah, the marketing for that movie was terrible.

This! I honestly can't recall seeing anything promoting the movie. Not a commercial, billboard, pop-up. Nothing.

Also, I think the title was a bad choice. Doesn't give you any insight into thre subject matter of the movie and I generally think movie titles should be no more than 3 words, with 1 or 2 being preferable. (This doesn't count subtitles like, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy).

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out a way to make a final post in this thread which was one of the few I regularly posted in & found it thanks to Tom Hardy... He brings the lulz lip syncing to a great array of songs...

It's been real, it's been fun. I wish you all well. Perfect song for my last post in the movie thread, a little diddy from the Von Trapp family.

Adieu NT...

Back
Top Bottom