Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hmmm... Johnny Depp was out & now apparently back to play ****** Bulger with Out of the Furnace director Scott Cooper to helm the pic... Tom Hardy to possibly play FBI agent & childhood friend to Bulger John Connoly.... :wink:

Last edited:
Hmmm... Johnny Depp was out & now apparently back to play ****** Bulger with Out of the Furnace director Scott Cooper to helm the pic... Tom Hardy to possibly play FBI agent & childhood friend to Bulger John Connoly.... :wink:

yea there seems to be a lot of confusion going on behind the scene's with this film. It's been in production forever.

Meh... Was the movie going world really screaming out for another Jurassic Park?

The movie screams of suits making decisions looking to possibly better than financial portfolio...

I can see that, but I think they have the right director and a great lead cast

I liked the idea of Barry Levinson directing the Bulger pic but it looks like he's out now... Affleck & Damon are still supposed to be working on their Bulger pic too. I'd rather see them do the flick. I think Johnny Depp has reached his sell by date. He apparently originally backed out of the Bulger film because he refused to lower his salary demand... I guess he's saving for another island...

I still say meh to Jurassic Park... :rolleyes

I liked the idea of Barry Levinson directing the Bulger pic but it looks like he's out now... Affleck & Damon are still supposed to be working on their Bulger pic too. I'd rather see them do the flick. I think Johnny Depp has reached his sell by date. He apparently originally backed out of the Bulger film because he refused to lower his salary demand... I guess he's saving for another island...

I still say meh to Jurassic Park... :rolleyes

Levinson has lost his touch. He can't handle a film like that anymore

He's a fellow Baltimorean so I gotta give him love. :smile:

Plus, I've met him quite a few times at various functions around town over the years & he's always been very down to earth & gracious with his time.

Ok, there's a red band trailer for this that's not safe for work... This looks alright.... Go 'head Arnold... :smokin

So, I re-watched The Ides of March last night...

When they are watching the initial news report of Molly's death at campaign quarters, they mention the overdose, and, no joke, have a single shot of just Philip Seymour Hoffman for a legitimate 10 seconds. Really eerie.

Later on, he tells Gosling that he was a good friend of her dad's and knew her since she was little, so that's probably why the focus was on him. But still, what a weird scene to see now. Him and no one else for seriously 10 seconds (which is forever in this instance) with the only sound being a news report about this girl dying from a drug overdose.

Last edited:
Yeesh, that is goosebumps right there.

Paul Walker, same thing. Days before, in a Fast 7 scene newly released, Luda says no more funerals man.....to which Paul replies, just one more......

Really bugged me out. I wonder if anyone has written anything about that this week.

What a well-cast movie that was, though. Not just in terms of who the huge names were, but how apt their roles were.

Clooney a charismatic presidential candidate, Gosling a hotshot junior campaign adviser, and Hoffman and Giamatti, hardened, undervalued-by-nature senior campaign managers. Perfect.

Edit:
Paul Walker, same thing. Days before, in a Fast 7 scene newly released, Luda says no more funerals man.....to which Paul replies, just one more......
Damn.

Last edited:
Yooooo where was the first video clip of damon making out with that dude from?! :rofl:

That was HBO's Liberace bio pic called Behind the Candelabra starring Michael Douglas & Matt Damon directed by Steven Soderbergh. That was Mike Douglas as Liberace that Damon was making out with...

Yooooo where was the first video clip of damon making out with that dude from?! :rofl:

That was HBO's Liberace bio pic called Behind the Candelabra starring Michael Douglas & Matt Damon directed by Steven Soderbergh. That was Mike Douglas as Liberace that Damon was making out with...

Soon as i posted I remembered hearing about that. Damn thats crazy acting man.

saw The LEGO Movie tonight.

It was a fun flick with great animation and stop motion usage. The LEGO use was great. There was dry comedy and a lot of one-liners. The "everything is awesome" song is gonna be everywhere.

Overally the film was enjoyable but not as great as I thought it would be. I'd give it a grade of about B-.

Back
Top Bottom