Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah I got the same impression from the Franci piece. He comes off self centered & self important. For someone with the rep of being a literate person, the piece is written terribly like a FB post or something...

japanair21 japanair21 your review of OotF has me wanting to see it more having heard mixed reviews going in.

-Just caught Hunger Games (first one), to see what the hype was about. I actually enjoyed it, wasn't expecting it overall to be how it was. I was expecting cheesy visuals and dialogue, but I was impressed.
-Anyone check out Charlie Countryman?

Last edited:
When you consider the quality and the quantity in which they release movies, the Coens are easily the most consistent filmmakers working.

japanair21 japanair21 your review of OotF has me wanting to see it more having heard mixed reviews going in.

Just caught Hunger Games (first one), to see what the hype was about. I actually enjoyed it, wasn't expecting it overall to be how it was. I was expecting cheesy visuals and dialogue, but I was impressed.

The plot and story isn't profound. It's the performances. Very good all around. Not a single bad performance.

Without a doubt. My friends and I were hyped for its release, watched it, and were baffled at how bad it was.
Been putting off watching the film, but I hope to watch it sometime soon. I refuse to believe that Gosling and Refn would be part of a complete dud, but we'll see.

Also, just saw Drinking Buddies. Even at an hour and a half, it kind of dragged, but I think this was Olivia Wilde's best performance in a film. The chemistry between her and Jake Johnson is really believable, but I really hoped we would have had more of Anna Kendrick and Ron Livingston. Unless you are a hardcore fan of any of the performers, I would pass.

Michael Rapaport is such a good actor. Not amazing but very versatile with range.

Last edited:
saw:

the wolverine. not bad. glad i did not pay to see it in theaters. silver samurai
eek.gif

machete. good action. was rollin on the guts rope to the bottom floor scene. jessica alba
embarassed.gif

the croods. really enjoyed it. lulz at the albino dog/hyena, douglas the badger/dog, and the land whale.

Been out all day yesterday and today messing around in this crazy Texas weather :smokin
I have to work tomorrow but I think I'm going to call in because the roads are too bad... and because AKIRA IS ON TONIGHT ON TOONAMI (missed the first showing at 11) :smokin

Heard nothing but good things about this movie.

Told myself I would wait til after Christmas, but I'm so weak...... Just grabbed Wolverine on Blu, and the greatness that is Breaking Bad Season 5, with Fast 6 bein bought on Tuesday.

Once again, I'll have nothing to buy with gift cards on the 26th. :lol: :smh:

Told myself I would wait til after Christmas, but I'm so weak...... Just grabbed Wolverine on Blu, and the greatness that is Breaking Bad Season 5, with Fast 6 bein bought on Tuesday.

Did you open The Wolverine yet?

It's going to be 12 dollars in two weeks.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=232772

I would've gone with the Best Buy exclusive this past week, but got real disappointed when there wasn't anything to display on the sides.

Did you open The Wolverine yet?

It's going to be 12 dollars in two weeks.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=232772

I would've gone with the Best Buy exclusive this past week, but got real disappointed when there wasn't anything to display on the sides.

Thanks for the info.. Going to pick up the wolverine and anchorman..

The first hour of Thor: The Dark World might have been the worst one-hour period of any movie released in 2013. That opinion is from somebody that really, really enjoyed Thor.

Natalie Portman's acting in the two Thor films is the definition of cheese. She gets a little added criticism because we all know of how convincingly smart she can be in her other acting performances. She's an astrophysicist, while simultaneously asking some of the dumbest "questions-that-are-supposed-to-sound-cute" of all-time is a bad writing.

I won't bother and write up 1000 words because it would just be an expansion of the above text. But yeah, concisely, just a poor execution of her character by both the actress and the screenwriters.

Last edited:
Saw Catching Fire last night. Thought it was better than the first, and it sets up for a third film (obvious and the fact that my girl told me that's how the second book ended :lol: )

Sorry fellas, I just can't get down with Jennifer Lawrence like the rest of you :wow: .

:wow: !!!!

X-Men: Apocalypse.....

OMFG.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

Screw 2015, 2016!!!!

And Days of Future Past will set it all up.

SO STOKED. :pimp:

:wow: !!!!

X-Men: Apocalypse.....

OMFG.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

Screw 2015, 2016!!!!

And Days of Future Past will set it all up.

SO STOKED. :pimp:
I was actually introduced to Apocalypse during the Angel to Archangel storyline (X-Factor). Even when the first X-Men film came out in 2000, I would have never imagined a live action interpretation. I was just happy to see him in the animated series. Hearing about this news a day or two ago just made me giddy.

Back
Top Bottom