Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching beyond scared straight marathon. Sometging so wrong about grown *** women spinning a 13 year old girl around and saying "take it all off" and "let me see"

:lol:

Checked out This Is The End tonight. Thought it was funny, but I was ready for it to be over toward the end. Got a little old after a while. Michael Sera and Emma Watson were the highlights. The Channing Tatum cameo was just wrong.

Man, I just found out Kumar Pallana passed away. RIP... For Wes Anderson fans, Pallana pretty much personified his films. In fact Anderson put together a tribute of him & spoke about him at the end of his clip. Check out the link below to view. I loved him in The Terminal too...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-kumar-pallan-featuring-wes-anderson-20131111

This was the last flick I saw that Pallana was in. I'd never heard of it but my co-worker suggested it... It was very funny...

A Layer Cake sequel without Daniel Craig? :smh:

Anyone see/hear about the NSFW preview for Beautiful People???? Home Invasion with a bit of a twist...... :lol:

Saw About Time over the weekend, fantastic.

My top 5 so far of 2013

1. Gravity
2. Captain Phillips
3. The Spectacular Now
4. The Place Beyond the Pines
5. Short Term 12

Honorable Mentions: The Pretty One, Disconnect, Spring Breakers, About Time, Before Midnight, Despicable Me 2, The Heat

Last edited:
Saw the second installment of Thor today. I thought it was great, but they need to chill out on every Marvel movie dealing with the end of the world.

God I hope they don't mess this up...

Starring NT's favorite Alice Eve & Stanley Tucci. The director Neil Labute is currently filming another flick with Alice Eve also starring Matthew Broderick called Dirty Weekend...

Saw About Time over the weekend, fantastic.

My top 5 so far of 2013

1. Gravity
2. Captain Phillips
3. The Spectacular Now
4. The Place Beyond the Pines
5. Short Term 12

Honorable Mentions: The Pretty One, Disconnect, Spring Breakers, About Time, Before Midnight, Despicable Me 2, The Heat

Captain Phillips over Pines?

Explain...

I mean, she's just going to wear that red dress the whole movie?

Cuz, that would be ok.

:wow:

It looks like a flick like Carnage (starring Christoph Waltz, Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, & Christoph Waltz), where it all takes place in one period of time or something... So maybe she will wear throughout the movie...

Oh I loved Carnage.

Prisoners............yeah. Man.

Wow.

|I

It was great, but so damn hard to watch.

I have faith in the Mandela film because of Idris Elba. His voice is so commanding.

We are two for two in black biopics this year, hopefully three for three. Although Mandela is a much larger name than Eugene Allen and Solomon Northrup, strong black actors have played each of the roles, and Idris has the chops to thrive.

Captain Phillips over Pines?

Explain...

Pine 2nd act with Cooper takes away from the film. The third act makes the film, but it's a little long and at times a bit disjointed at times. But I love Gosling and Cianfrance etc. Hanks is my Oscar winner for Phillips. loved it

Prisoners......

It was late when I finished last night, I wanted to think thru it overnight/this morning.

Well done by Jake and Hugh. Hugh especially with a great great performance.

Chilling tone. Like you knew from jump something was "off" with the camper in the neighborhood and what not, and finding the kid right away was weird, but when Jackman grabbed him in the parking lot and he spoke, I was edge of my seat the rest of the movie. I knew we were in for a (ha ha) maze of a movie. :lol:

Loved the old pastor, basement thing. Showed exactly what Prisoners was all about. They were all prisoners. Everyone.

The ending was perfect, I like that you have to figure it out for yourself.

The only part I am unclear on, was Jake himself. The tattoos. The way he carried himself. The Jose Canseco blinking. The lack of any partner, backup whatsoever. His mannerisms, tone, not shooting at the camper, the way he spoke to his boss. He was very layered, but I'm not sure what they were trying to tell us about him. Clearly good at his job. His instincts were on point, he always picked up on hints. But not sure what his message was, the tats on his knuckles, things like that. That went over my head.
Loved his performance tho.

Howard is a damn wet spot in everything now. What the hell with this guy? :lol:

Don't think for a second I didn't go check in on my daughter before I went to sleep last night. Yeesh. :smh:

This movie has all your feels. :frown:

Pine 2nd act with Cooper takes away from the film. The third act makes the film, but it's a little long and at times a bit disjointed at times. But I love Gosling and Cianfrance etc. Hanks is my Oscar winner for Phillips. loved it

As much as I recognize the length of Pines, I never gave it thought to take away from the film as a whole. I figured Cooper's act had to have similar length as Goslings and their sons to finish up the film.

It's a damn shame it's likely not going to get any Oscar nods because of when it came out.

As far as CP goes, I honestly am looking at it the same way I did Argo; had no desire to see but forced myself to just to see why it's getting the buzz that it is. I didn't see anything all that special in Argo (at least enough to win the Oscar), and the fact that CP is PG13 and the real-life captain spoke out about the film and its exaggerations to what actually happened, it isn't helping its cause to sway me to watch.

Prisoners......

It was late when I finished last night, I wanted to think thru it overnight/this morning.

Well done by Jake and Hugh. Hugh especially with a great great performance.

Chilling tone. Like you knew from jump something was "off" with the camper in the neighborhood and what not, and finding the kid right away was weird, but when Jackman grabbed him in the parking lot and he spoke, I was edge of my seat the rest of the movie. I knew we were in for a (ha ha) maze of a movie. :lol:

Loved the old pastor, basement thing. Showed exactly what Prisoners was all about. They were all prisoners. Everyone.

The ending was perfect, I like that you have to figure it out for yourself.

The only part I am unclear on, was Jake himself. The tattoos. The way he carried himself. The Jose Canseco blinking. The lack of any partner, backup whatsoever. His mannerisms, tone, not shooting at the camper, the way he spoke to his boss. He was very layered, but I'm not sure what they were trying to tell us about him. Clearly good at his job. His instincts were on point, he always picked up on hints. But not sure what his message was, the tats on his knuckles, things like that. That went over my head.
Loved his performance tho.

Howard is a damn wet spot in everything now. What the hell with this guy? :lol:

Don't think for a second I didn't go check in on my daughter before I went to sleep last night. Yeesh. :smh:

This movie has all your feels. :frown:

Great review. I was pleasantly surprised with how much I wound up enjoying the film.

Back
Top Bottom