OG vs. RETRO - Air Jordan 8 "Playoffs" (33 pics)

I grew to love me some Jordan 8's and I will be coppin 2 pairs of this colorway just like I did the Aquas.
pimp.gif

Here's a little bit of what he
364354c4f2e3fc94f8d16cad50c85db3b85a213.pjpg
had to say to me about the AJ VIII. Enjoy the info.!

"The Jordan 8 was an attempt to try a different approach. I call it a Baroque sneaker design.
Which is to say that it is ( for a Jordan ) a visually complex and many layered approach to basketball shoe design. Usually I was trying to distill the designs so that there was a classyminimalism for Air Jordans.
I guess MJ and I were trying not to be too predictable.
The chenille tongue top was an attempt to pay homage to lettermans jackets.
The higher top line was just simply a tryed and true way to add a bit more stability and along with the cross straps provided a very snug and secure fit.
( After trying all the different Air Jordans, KobeBryant said he liked the 8 the best ). MJ thought the shoe was good and light weight for a high top but, in the end he wanted to return to the midcutthe following year.
The cross straps were discontinued because they added too much complexity to just putting the shoes on.
The 8 was colored, printed and layered with different materials as an experiment and to zig when everybody else was zagging. You see, a lot of companiesincluding Nike were trying to copy the Jordanaesthetic and the complicated, even fussy design of the 8 was designed to throw them all a curve ball."

Men of Oregon,

Where is that interview from? Def nice getting info right out of the horse's mouth!

DOUBLE TAKE... but seriously those rnt the ones that r on jumpman23 cuz the pics for em on there look ugly as shizz especially the side pattern

Originally Posted by halfyhalf

Men of Oregon,

Where is that interview from? Def nice getting info right out of the horse's mouth!
That "interview" came from his mouth to my ears. Glad you enjoyed it! Tinker is such an informative person to talk to. Most of the time hestops whatever he's doing to answer a question here and there. A real classy guy!

Is no one noticing the horrendous navy blue midsole on the retro???? That's terrible. I could deal with the black pull tab vs. retro red...but that midsoleis horrible!

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

Is no one noticing the horrendous navy blue midsole on the retro???? That's terrible. I could deal with the black pull tab vs. retro red...but that midsole is horrible!

that's not navy blue its gray ...
can anyone clarify whether THESE or the ones on Jumpman23.com are gonna be the actual retros releasing ?

Definantly copped......oh,its its funny how people so modestly do sumbliminal bragging about having kix before they come out

thanks for the pics man def apperciated

as for the shoes, i am pretty happy with the outcome, these were my first pair of jordans, i just wish midsole was lil bit blacker but other than that not bad

Im loving my pair they are comfy as hell. Mos def gonna pick up another pair when they release. Is there any way to somehow get the pull tab colored red.

do not really care about the pull tab but the midsole that appears somewhat grey on the retros is what throws me off a lil, not enough to the point that iwill not pick up but yeah you get the point.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mossified842345

Nice pics. but I am disappointed that the pull tab is black instead of OG Red...
ITS AN EFFN PULLTAB!!!!!!!!! i have no complaints, im just glad JB has had the pleasure of making such a sexy comeback imo

looks like the jumpman has gone on a diet.

roll.gif

great shoe
dec.22 cant come fast enough!
ima buy these then wrap em up under the tree and address it to myself and then open it christmas morning just so i can relive the excitement all overagain
laugh.gif

nah that might be taking it a lil too far...

Back
Top Bottom