OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Guess i lucked out
Nice pics...
nthat.gif

What up NT,

I have been lurking around this post for a while and I must say I'm scratching my head at all of the post about the quality of these True Blues. I'm thinking to myself that the shoe game has gotten so messed up that cats are out here with magnifying glasses trying to find flaws in their shoes. There is just way too much hype. I feel like people of finding reasons not to like this shoe because it was widely released and not limited. That's silly to me.

I'm going to take you back. This is me lacing up the ORIGINAL true blue's back in '88 (or '89, I forget). 

View media item 2243903

Back then nobody cared about release quantities. As a matter of fact, J's sat on the shelf just like the other sneakers. If you were lucky to get a pair you were fresh and people would "ride your jock" all day.  Those were the good ol' days.

The point I'm trying to make it that it's silly harping over things like what the elephant print looks like, or what the leather feels like, or how these will sit on the shelf, or how much you paid. This is a dope shoe... period. They originals were not perfect nor are these. Just rock them!

And by the way, the OG true blues came out around this time in '88. I got them for Christmas!
best post I've seen in a while. I hate sneaker culture today. Conversations about shoes even after they released are all about resell, selling out, and petty complaints. No one wants to discuss what the shoe looks like, outfits to wear, or they're collections. This is especially bad on YouTube with sneaker people.

after receiving my Ruvilla pair last week... i returned my orignal nike pair to Nike Santa Monica.

I was shooting for a giftcard but the employee said it needed to be refunded to the credit card that i had purchased with.  She said the only way i could get the GC is if I were to return without a receipt but they would only give me what the system shows the shoes price at, she looked it up and said they were going for $149.  

best post I've seen in a while. I hate sneaker culture today. Conversations about shoes even after they released are all about resell, selling out, and petty complaints. No one wants to discuss what the shoe looks like, outfits to wear, or they're collections. This is especially bad on YouTube with sneaker people.
i disagree. A lot has changed in the past 10 years especially with the increase in prices and the spread of the internet where we can freely communicate more and discuss these 'sneaker problems'. The biggest one is the shoe price. PRICES has skyrocketed to the point that premium shoes aren't just another accessory to a persons wardrobe where it cost $80-$120 anymore. Jordans or other premium shoes are items that has such high perceived value where people realllly save up or set aside big money to purchase one. All of these together creates big expectations. Much more than it was 10 years and way back when. Average jordans cost $190 where the price was wayyyyy lesser before. Add to the fact that most of the shoes are made in china and buyers really scrutinize the quality. When you get little children who's parents who can spare one shoe a year to that teenager who can only spend portion of his income on a shoe to that adult who has to really spend wisely if he needs that extra pair, we all have expectations on the quality of an item that we pay for.

And to the original post, I'm sure u didnt create a big fuss over your true blue is because perhaps you got that as a present? I'm sure the one who purchased that shoe better hope that shoe last as long as he/she paid for it. All I'm saying is people complain for a lot of reasons throughout generations. We just hear more about it now because there is a bigger demo of sneaker addicts than before and The forums tend to bring out most outspoken ones who are nitpicky on 'sneaker quality'.

I do agree that shoes are just shoes. Cheers

after receiving my Ruvilla pair last week... i returned my orignal nike pair to Nike Santa Monica.

I was shooting for a giftcard but the employee said it needed to be refunded to the credit card that i had purchased with.  She said the only way i could get the GC is if I were to return without a receipt but they would only give me what the system shows the shoes price at, she looked it up and said they were going for $149.  

Damn for real? Cause I returned my jank Nike pair to the Nike Outlet in Carlsbad for a full refund and I had them put it on a gift card. They gave me no issues.

i disagree. A lot has changed in the past 10 years especially with the increase in prices and the spread of the internet where we can freely communicate more and discuss these 'sneaker problems'. The biggest one is the shoe price. PRICES has skyrocketed to the point that premium shoes aren't just another accessory to a persons wardrobe where it cost $80-$120 anymore. Jordans or other premium shoes are items that has such high perceived value where people realllly save up or set aside big money to purchase one. All of these together creates big expectations. Much more than it was 10 years and way back when. Average jordans cost $190 where the price was wayyyyy lesser before. Add to the fact that most of the shoes are made in china and buyers really scrutinize the quality. When you get little children who's parents who can spare one shoe a year to that teenager who can only spend portion of his income on a shoe to that adult who has to really spend wisely if he needs that extra pair, we all have expectations on the quality of an item that we pay for.

And to the original post, I'm sure u didnt create a big fuss over your true blue is because perhaps you got that as a present? I'm sure the one who purchased that shoe better hope that shoe last as long as he/she paid for it. All I'm saying is people complain for a lot of reasons throughout generations. We just hear more about it now because there is a bigger demo of sneaker addicts than before and The forums tend to bring out most outspoken ones who are nitpicky on 'sneaker quality'.

I do agree that shoes are just shoes. Cheers

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

Is the price the reason these didn't sell out? I paid $185 for mine, i know some of y'all paid less, but I'm in love with mine. Maybe I'm speaking with privilege because my ep has no flaws, isn't super high, and thecraftsmanship on my pair isn't that bad. But these are fire
Three Reasons:

1. The price. $220.

2. The timing. Black Friday. People knew these shoes would still be around.

3. Too plain to really standout.

Again, people on NT complaining about Nike air pricing now is laughable. I know not everyone was paying attention to it or were even on the board, but once upon a time it was like dudes would give their left nut to have retro og branding. Everyone wanted the Nike Air and was willing to pay. Nike reads this board, said ok, we'll give them what they want. Y'all got it and now people are crying. Build a bridge and get over it. 

I basically agree, but the craftsmanship for $220 is what made people complain, and these were widely available in big quantities.

200 & tax for 88 3 (online only, smaller quantites, quality comparable to 2011s, slight better)

220& tax for tb 3 (online, in store, larger quantities, quality was deviating from poor to lesser flaws)

Basically i think like this, if nike released packs again at $300, either both shoes should have good or not great quality at $150 per pair

Or

The better quality pair in the pack should have a higher msrp with better quality.

Its just that when nike starts to limit quantites of some shoes , i.e. 88 3, remastered 1s, frags, foam 97 pack, sometimes quality gets better however there are exceptions tp this rule i.e. basically some jordans on or before 2009/8/7, 08 cdp, 07 fr3, 06 grape, dmp, 07 royals, grs and lowered msrp, and of course 80s -04.

I think quality is gonna be deviating for remastered shoes based on size from different places. Its just that the price is the same whether u get a almost flawless pair or not

They're calling for more 3s this black Friday hopefully they get it right. If not, lower the price. I had no problem paying $185 for my true blue.

Black Friday release shouldn't be $220 unless it's a good quality and hyped shoe

True Blue GS sizes on Finishline dropped to $103.98. Also includes free shipping. You might be able to use Coupon code and FNL reward. Not sure if it will work.
Looks like discount was removed now.

Last edited:
My only beef with this shoe is the Tongue

TB 3's Tongue is wack

The CM 3's is the perfect cut in a 3's

Puffy Tongue and everything

why couldn't JB do the same on the TB

How are these for playing ball in? They look great with jeans but I want to buy them to play Basketball in them. Pretty much impossible to find in Canada now unfortunately.

How are these for playing ball in? They look great with jeans but I want to buy them to play Basketball in them. Pretty much impossible to find in Canada now unfortunately.

IMO, 3's aren't even that great for walking - nevermind ballin. :rofl:

Welcome to NT! :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom