OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Complain on this thread about the quality of the 3s you received, that's totally fine and understandable. But if you aren't also directing your energies in the direction of Nike and making sure you ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER, then your complaints are for naught.

As I mentioned on this thread the other day, Nike must be held accountable and if we want to make a difference we must push the envelope. And if everyone and their grandmothers provide this type of feedback to Nike and Nike's "managers" or "supervisors" received complaint after complain in droves, the chance that upper level management takes action increases. Or at least upper management will meet about it in order to discuss the issue.

Just imagine...if each call center supervisor is constantly barraged with escalation requests, don't you think the team of supervisors would address the ongoing issue with their superiors? Of course they will! Because they keep getting pulled from their desk to handle escalation after escalation.

My point is this: speaking with a regular customer service rep is NOT enough. Because they are order takers, not decision makers. This issue has to be escalated, and the more of us who contact Nike to escalate the QC issues, not only will the issues be exposed en masse but the most important thing is that Nike will realize that they have given out more 20% codes for this release than any other release in history and because of this alarming trend, upper management will have no choice but to take notice.

I contacted Nike the other day and escalated my flawed pair issue to not one, not two, but three supervisors in their call center in Arizona until they connected me to a higher level manager at their corporate office in Oregon who guaranteed me that her superiors would take a close look at the issues I addressed. Not to mention, I received 50% worth of codes for my "issues" with their "service/QC." Not to mention the manager at corporate gave me her direct email so that if I wanted Next Day Air on a future order, she would gladly give it to me.

And if the customer service rep you initially speak with only tells you "I'm sorry for the inconvenience but you can just return them...we can't give out any 20% codes at this time," tell them you want the phone number to their Consumer Affairs Division at the Corporate Headquarters in Oregon.

Consumers have to be proactive when it comes to highly unsatisfactory QC levels such as this.

Don't remember ever seeing this many complaints regarding a single shoe ever

That's the remaster program for you!

Yeah, and its because this truly has been one of the worst releases, imperfection wise, that we have seen. I understand that elephant print differs, but this release there is no consistency, high cuts, low cuts on the front and back, thicker print and thinner print together more often than not, very sloppy paint jobs, off centered Nike Air. Usually with shoes, all this is in the minority, but with this release it was the majority. This was terrible quality control job.

Last edited:
I'm not telling anyone to be content with $220 anything.

I'm saying either return them, or shut up about it.

There's some people who are saying, "the little flaws doesn't deter me away from a dope shoe, it's going to wear and tear anyway." That's perfectly fine.

There's some people who are saying, "the quality of this shoe is trash, disappointing that they would charge $220 for this, I'm going to take them back." That's perfectly fine, too.

Then there's a lot of people who are saying, "there's a small stitch lose on the back, I can see brush strokes, the elephant print is thicker on one shoe. I can't believe Jordan Brand is so greedy, I can't believe they're sticking it to their value customers. This is absurd, I'm going to NDC to get a coupon" but yet still keep the shoe and rock it, better yet continue to buy Jordan. You guys are arguing about molds, materials, factories, etc. and have no idea what's going on behind closed doors with Nike.

If you're unhappy with your product, RETURN IT. Nike has one of THE best return policies, they don't care why you return a shoe.

Go kick rocks

And to add, Nike processed an exchange for me so I'm waiting on them to come to pick the best pair. I don't have my hopes ups considering the across the board concerns. Plus I got a coupon code.

Last edited:

Same for me. I didn't actually size up, but my 8.5 is more snug than any other pair of J's I have. Posted a while back agreeing with another poster who said they needed to size up. I was surprised so many people said these were TTS on them.
A nice snug fit is TTS, if you're a 10.5 it should keep you foot nice and compact.

You size up if you want a little extra room in them.

My 2011 pairs are a 10.5 and a size 11 foot could wear them comfortably.

roll.gif
People still arguing about the QC on these.

Was there this much complaining when the 88' WC released? :lol:

I copped 2 pairs of wc88, took the best left shoe & right shoe & sold the other pair

there were issues b

not just the ele print & cut of the guards - but one of the shoes was pretty much not tumbled leather - and it stood out against the other 3 tumbled shoes

Complain on this thread about the quality of the 3s you received, that's totally fine and understandable. But if you aren't also directing your energies in the direction of Nike and making sure you ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER, then your complaints are for naught.

As I mentioned on this thread the other day, Nike must be held accountable and if we want to make a difference we must push the envelope. And if everyone and their grandmothers provide this type of feedback to Nike and Nike's "managers" or "supervisors" received complaint after complain in droves, the chance that upper level management takes action increases. Or at least upper management will meet about it in order to discuss the issue.

Just imagine...if each call center supervisor is constantly barraged with escalation requests, don't you think the team of supervisors would address the ongoing issue with their superiors? Of course they will! Because they keep getting pulled from their desk to handle escalation after escalation.

My point is this: speaking with a regular customer service rep is NOT enough. Because they are order takers, not decision makers. This issue has to be escalated, and the more of us who contact Nike to escalate the QC issues, not only will the issues be exposed en masse but the most important thing is that Nike will realize that they have given out more 20% codes for this release than any other release in history and because of this alarming trend, upper management will have no choice but to take notice.

I contacted Nike the other day and escalated my flawed pair issue to not one, not two, but three supervisors in their call center in Arizona until they connected me to a higher level manager at their corporate office in Oregon who guaranteed me that her superiors would take a close look at the issues I addressed. Not to mention, I received 50% worth of codes for my "issues" with their "service/QC." Not to mention the manager at corporate gave me her direct email so that if I wanted Next Day Air on a future order, she would gladly give it to me.

And if the customer service rep you initially speak with only tells you "I'm sorry for the inconvenience but you can just return them...we can't give out any 20% codes at this time," tell them you want the phone number to their Consumer Affairs Division at the Corporate Headquarters in Oregon.

Consumers have to be proactive when it comes to highly unsatisfactory QC levels such as this.

Repped. This is how it's supposed to be done. Get on the phone and get what you want, the good ol American way. Smh damn phones blowin up in ppls pockets and y'all sheep in this thread bleating away. Y'all really are the perfect customers to a business. Silly *** dudes in love with sneakers and the company that make em meanwhile mark parker publishing books coppin jets and tellin shareholders to hold on stock bout to go up. BOI IF YOU DONT STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR MONOPOLY COMPANYS

Last edited:
Go kick rocks

And to add, Nike processed an exchange for me so I'm waiting on them to come to pick the best pair. I don't have my hopes ups considering the across the board concerns. Plus I got a coupon code.
So, you did most of the arguing and complaining about the leather not being right, shape not being right, etc, but still trying to find a pair. Got it.

You proved my point... even though it's not the right tumbled leather you wished for, even though it's not remastered how you'd like, you finally feel like you've gotten you money's worth because they're going to give you the best pair with little to no flaws and a discount code.

Glad, you got what you wanted, enjoy the shoe now.

My FTL pair will be coming directly from a store

I fully expect them to look like ****

I enjoy both sides of these comments. If you got a flawless pair then be happy and show off those pics :smokin, but on the flip side if you got a ****** up pair come in here and express your frustration, nothing wrong with that. That's what an online forum is for.

I enjoy both sides of these comments. If you got a flawless pair then be happy and show off those pics
smokin.gif
, but on the flip side if you got a ****** up pair come in here and express your frustration, nothing wrong with that. That's what an online forum is for.
Absolutely, that's what great about a forum.

But to do all of the complaining and just keep the shoe is a little redundant to a lot of people when you could just return it.

So, you did most of the arguing and complaining about the leather not being right, shape not being right, etc, but still trying to find a pair. Got it.

You proved my point... even though it's not the right tumbled leather you wished for, even though it's not remastered how you'd like, you finally feel like you've gotten you money's worth because they're going to give you the best pair with little to no flaws and a discount code.

Glad, you got what you wanted, enjoy the shoe now.

Why wouldn't I. I have already vested in these. Time and money, if the pair isn't right then I'm done. And my complaint was never about shape nor tumbled leather you must have me confused.

But it really shouldn't matter to you anyway because it's not your money right?

Back
Top Bottom