OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

The only thing I noticed was the leather was harder than usual. I guess that could turn out to be a good thing, as far as durability goes. Maybe some people will try to hoop in them. 220 is steep, though. I had a hard time paying 185 for some XXXIs, and they're a better shoe, with the exception of the outsole. 

Love the old Nike Air branding, though. If they end up on sale in 6 months, I may grab a pair. 

Nah there some legit reasons, the shape a bit off and the rolled red tongue is different from both the OG pair it emulates and the blue tongue on the previous retros. They are in abundance but I also think they a little off from what people were hoping for compared to the quality we've been getting lately on OG retros lately such as Flu Game, WC4, BM5, Banned 1,  etc. 

Also a lot of shoes dropped from Adidas + more heat upcoming such as Space Jam, SB 1, Royal 1, What the 1 (if you're into that). I think people decided to save their $ when they saw the TB3 was not quite what everyone had hoped for. And maybe everyone put their expectations too high but IMHO that is the reality of the situation. 
While some of your arguements are valid.

I can take a guess and say the majority of the people who did not cop the TB3's did not get the BM5's , the Aqua8's  or Wc4's etc either.(due to them being easy to get also).

It seems to me kids these days tend to buy stuff that are hard to get so :

-they feel special that noone else is wearing the same thing

- flex on their imaginary friends on social media

-get hundreds of likes on social media 

- feel like they invested on a Fortune 500 company ,and they cant resell their pair to make a profit , after they took a picture and uploaded on social media(mentioned above).

Last edited:
Nah there some legit reasons, the shape a bit off and the rolled red tongue is different from both the OG pair it emulates and the blue tongue on the previous retros. They are in abundance but I also think they a little off from what people were hoping for compared to the quality we've been getting lately on OG retros lately such as Flu Game, WC4, BM5, Banned 1,  etc. 

Also a lot of shoes dropped from Adidas + more heat upcoming such as Space Jam, SB 1, Royal 1, What the 1 (if you're into that). I think people decided to save their $ when they saw the TB3 was not quite what everyone had hoped for. And maybe everyone put their expectations too high but IMHO that is the reality of the situation. 

You kids in denial. Nike AIR on the back of a general release Jordan 3 and people are sleeping. No matter what's said, it's 100% based on hype. Even the resellers slept and they don't care about shape, blue around the tongue. They only see a potential profit. I'm glad it was easy to get my pair.

Where are you getting this information?

When I went to pick up black toes at flight 23. The guy ringing me up was telling me about the app since it was the first time they were using it.

They want people that actually pickup the shoes to win raffles and after they get the code from your phone the app will ask you if you purchased and you have to press yes or make sure the employee presses yes after obtaining the code.

Supposedly the more pickups you have a a certain store the better chance you have at winning at that store.

I'd take that with a grain of salt though because even though I picked up a BTs at that flight 23 and I had a 6min head start, I still loss every yeezy raffle.

Just saw this article in my twitter feed. It's a long read but interesting based on the discussions on these boards as to why these sneakers aren't selling out.

https://stockx.com/outsole/the-history-of-adidas-resell/

Unrelated to the article and more general comments. It's known that Nike is producing more of the retros vs. prior years. Prices have increased due to profit expectations and their pursuit to reach $50b in sales.

I'm curious to see how this all plays out in the coming years. Personally I think Nike and Adidas need the resellers so that demand outpaces supply. Adidas can produce enough of the Yeezys, NMDs, UBs, they choose not to at this moment.

I didn't get the TB IIIs, it's personally not one of my favorite 3s and just don't see myself wearing them. I did have them in hand yesterday and I was tempted, especially at $132. But that leads to my next issue which is my wife is also putting pressure on me as my sneaker collection has grown to the point where it's impacting her room in our primary closet. I'm also at the point where I wear UBs, Huaraches, and other casual shoes more than Jordan's. So while I've never been one to follow the masses and buy what I like, what I like right now happens to not be what's being released.

You kids in denial. Nike AIR on the back of a general release Jordan 3 and people are sleeping. No matter what's said, it's 100% based on hype. Even the resellers slept and they don't care about shape, blue around the tongue. They only see a potential profit. I'm glad it was easy to get my pair.

I'd agree with this. The quality tests many on these boards put their sneakers through are far from the average buyer. If the supply on these were tight, everyone would be wanting them.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm satisfied with my pair from Nike..gonna have to exchange these.
eek.gif
 That e-print looks horrible on those

@617collector Yeah had '06 MB and they were pretty bad but I love that shade of blue so it kinda saved them a Lil too me.
@magic1978 true, the leather isn't great on the sports blue but the shape and ep isn't terrible too me. Every time I pull out my '11s I cringe.. such an eye sore.
Anyway, don't wanna derail the thread. I'm glad these were an easy cop for everyone! On to some space jams for this guy

Since these are sitting online when do they usually lift the restrictions for discounts (like EB and FL)?

is downtown locker room a Baltimore thing, because I never hear it mentioned, walked in walked out, no line yesterday

Well now I feel like a dumbass cause I just got my pair in the mail and I don't like them at all. Nike Air on the back or not, JB dropped the ball with these. They look so cheap

took a look at them in person today...boy do these look horrible..definitely not worth 220.

The shape look hella skimpy & the elephant print on the toebox is way too high...imma just stick to my '09s

Just checked these out at the mall and they feel like rocks. Everything but the toe box. Smh wanted a pair but won't get these for retail.

Back
Top Bottom