OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

IMG_7468.JPG

We shining boi
!!!!

jb need to cut supply and reduce the price, bring back the hype train bay bay

I agree with the reduce the price part. $150 is a fair price to pay for XIIIs. $170 was a turnoff 4 years ago and now $190 is plain nasty.

Back in summer of 98 this was a colorway I really was looking foward to. Jordan was balling out of his mind with them on TV. I was seriously thinking these shoes gave him power. If you had dial up internet back then, there were pictures of these along side some marquette colored low XIIIs that were floating around since 1997. The real hype started when they were shown in Slam magazine. I remember passing that issue around with classmates drooling and proclaiming cop status. These dropped in the middle of June 98 if im not mistaken and sold out before Friday Afternoon in my parts. I cashed a check at lunch break and hauled it up to the mall only to be given an L at every shoe store I went to. The only reason why im familiar with this shoe is because I my little brother copped a pair and I used to stare at them all the time. Could you blame me lol? That bright bright beautiful bright red that was on the OGs is hard to describe. They popped like no other red has popped on a jordan shoe before. The best use of a suede also. The 3M glow against the black leather is almost like radiation. This colorway was popular with women also. Every female i knew back then had a pair of these and praised the shape of the kid sizes. Dudes used to rock the pinstripe 23 jersey and Fubu city jerseys heavy with these kicks. Another popular trend with this shoe at the time was lace swaps. Red laces and checkerboard 3m laces were almost more commonplace than the OG laces.

Ill maybe pick up the 98 version down the road or if I find it in the wild. I was really hoping the Flints were going to drop this year. I have a pair of 2005 that is about to undergo reconstructive surgery

bPu3ISl.jpg

Debating on copping these still have the ones from 04 DS.
I passed on the Nike reserve but may pull the trigger in the am.

i think if you have the 04 still deadstock you should not cop the new ones cuz its been 13 years and you havent even worn the first retro yet :lol:

Good point! Thats kind of how i felt. I do worry if i break out the 04s they will crumble now. Although i did just unds sone 04 olympic 7s for July 4th.

I think I'm gonna buy mine from the Arden foot action since the footlocker and champs apps both burned me haha

i think if you have the 04 still deadstock you should not cop the new ones cuz its been 13 years and you havent even worn the first retro yet :lol:
You may be right with that comment. But I have a ds 04. Gonna get these tomorrow and wear the .... out of them. Those 04s are a part of my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_20170803_211638.jpg
    IMG_20170803_211638.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
So here's my story, I was at work and decided to check the App Reservations. I manage to win on the Foot Locker App with a 6 minute Head Start. It gives you 10 seconds to type in a code. While I was typing the code the timer ended. Hence, I lost my chance. I wasn't successful on the Champs Sports App with a 7 minute Head Start. My best bet tomorrow is Finish Line or DTLR. I'm upset over the Foot Locker pair though.

I love that the hype has died .. lol .. This makes me wanna buy sneakers again

I want to say that's one of the reasons I stopped purchasing shoes at a point. Don't remember exactly though, it was some years back.

Good point! Thats kind of how i felt. I do worry if i break out the 04s they will crumble now. Although i did just unds sone 04 olympic 7s for July 4th.
dude the old 7 retros are beasts i have all the old retros and they are on another level as far as the midsoles are concerned

You new people care more about hype than the shoes. Who cares about hype, we care about securing the shoes. Nothing more, nothing less. I could give a if the shoe is wanted or not. As long as I like the shoe is all that matters. Stop with the hype talk, stop with the Adidas talk.

Last edited:
Hype is dead because adidas took all the hype at the moment .. honestly feel like adidas is at it's all time peak
Hype is dead simply because nike producing more pairs killing resell. Resell drives hype. Yeezys hype adidas and nmds aren't produced in super large quantities. That simple. They took nothing from Jordan brand. They still sell out and nike still winning with revenue I'm sure

Back
Top Bottom