[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the Lakers are able to dump Steve Nash and Blake's salary, they will be the starting and backup PG's next year. No need to pickup anymore aside from the draft.

At SHOOTING GUARD: If Lakers don't pickup Jodie Meeks option at 1.5M, make a run at JR Smith. He's a shooter. That's all we need to know. :lol:

At SMALL FORWARD: C.J. Miles would be a nice fit off the bench, Trevor Ariza's name also pops out, as well as Corey Brewer.

Or reunite 24/7 (Kobe & Odom) :nerd: (ain't noboy got time for that)

At POWER FORWARD: Carl Landry if not, Earl Clark.

CENTER: Johan Petro solid backup center.

Last edited:
I wonder whos gonna pick up Kwame Brown
roll.gif

How much money are yall gonna have to spend in the off season??

Dwight+Pau+Kobe and you're already above the cap right?

Man, I am NOT ready to start commenting on every single name I'm going to see thrown in this thread from now till opening night.
laugh.gif

Kobe ain't getting a 6th, bruhs.
ohwell.gif
(and obviously, as long as it's with us, I definitely want him to)

I just don't see it. His window and our... dismal situation.

*kanye shrug x alonzo gif*

I think we need to start with the coaching situation. And I say 'situation' because management HAS to know that we are NOT happy as fans.

So either tailor a lineup that suits MD's high powered offensive desires... or figure out who's next.

I'd be fine either way; actually scratch that. I'd be equally concerned either way.
laugh.gif

If we stick w/ Mike and build a team around his offensive strategies and "Please brick" style of defense, then... whatever. Let's go.

If we retool, PLEASE do so before the season starts so the next guy can have a full camp. And what I would PERSONALLY like to see is Phil and whoever is next... TOGETHER. Phil doesn't want road games or every 10th gme or Tuesday games after his bedtime or whatever he was saying? Fine. Have his mentor do those games.

Phil and Byron?

Phil and Monty?

I think either of those would be great, honestly.

Or Mike. Because, you know, he's proven to be... such a champ. I mean, look how terrible the Knicks have been since he left.

How much money are yall gonna have to spend in the off season??

Dwight+Pau+Kobe and you're already above the cap right?

They're gonna be over no matter if they keep Gasol, Dwight etc... No way around it. Either they are going to be taxed lower or higher.

The key point now is bringing in some talent to either work with them or replace them.

Kobe will be out at least minimum first 2 months of the season. So you have to think about that first and foremost when looking at the talent pool of FA's.

Ska, the coaching situation in my opinion will determine if Dwight signs.

Mike = No Dwight

Byron or Phil etc.. = Yes Dwight

Have Phil come in coach this team, groom his successor without the intervention of Jim Buss. That's all Phil wants.

Give the fans what they want....

Last edited:
I think we need to start with the coaching situation. And I say 'situation' because management HAS to know that we are NOT happy as fans.

So either tailor a lineup that suits MD's high powered offensive desires... or figure out who's next.

I'd be fine either way; actually scratch that. I'd be equally concerned either way.
laugh.gif

If we stick w/ Mike and build a team around his offensive strategies and "Please brick" style of defense, then... whatever. Let's go.

If we retool, PLEASE do so before the season starts so the next guy can have a full camp. And what I would PERSONALLY like to see is Phil and whoever is next... TOGETHER. Phil doesn't want road games or every 10th gme or Tuesday games after his bedtime or whatever he was saying? Fine. Have his mentor do those games.

Phil and Byron?

Phil and Monty?

I think either of those would be great, honestly.

Or Mike. Because, you know, he's proven to be... such a champ. I mean, look how terrible the Knicks have been since he left.
Laker fans aren't going to be happy with any coach besides Phil. 

This season was tougher to watch than the Smush years :smh: . Hopefully Jim Buss starts to think with his brain and at least tries to bring back Phil.

This season was tougher to watch than the Smush years
mean.gif
. Hopefully Jim Buss starts to think with his brain and at least tries to bring back Phil.
Is this because of the relatively high expectations??

At least during the Smush era, yall knew what was coming 
ohwell.gif

Just a thought process, but I think MDA stays for 2013 because the true reload begins 2014.

Why get a new coach now, with a team constructed poorly right now, and have that guy not able to get his "system" in place with the proper players? (the mistake we already made with MDA, although we thought a healthy Nash would be able to handle that)

Bring in a guy that will tailor to Dwight + _____ whatever, and that whatever isn't even on the roster yet, then in 2014 something better than _____ whatever comes along. Switch coaches again?

I think they let MDA twist next year, with the poorly constructed lineup, they tell Dwight the secret "aye, just live with this first year, we promise, life will get better" and hope that works.

For all my fans out there, I finally nailed down my 2016ish roster, I owe a favor to some Bulls fans, so I am backin off their guy, I'ma go ahead with

Dwight
KLove
LeBron
Durant
Curry

As our starting 5. I think this core could be ok, certainly better than what we had this year. It used to be Rose, but like I said, I owe some Bulls fans. Curry has stepped up, we'll need to find a way.

We got all your rebounds, we shoot all your 3's, we pay all your luxury taxes. Hopefully all these dudes will stay healthy. I'm spooked as hell now. This year was ********. :smh:

For all my fans out there, I finally nailed down my 2016ish roster, I owe a favor to some Bulls fans, so I am backin off their guy, I'ma go ahead with

Dwight
KLove
LeBron
Durant
Curry

As our starting 5. I think this core could be ok, certainly better than what we had this year. It used to be Rose, but like I said, I owe some Bulls fans. Curry has stepped up, we'll need to find a way.

We got all your rebounds, we shoot all your 3's, we pay all your luxury taxes. Hopefully all these dudes will stay healthy. I'm spooked as hell now. This year was ********.
mean.gif
Do you think Durant could play ok in the off guard position again like he did his rookie year???  

Who do you want on the bench?? 

:lol: i was gonna ask whos coaching with kd at the 2? pj?

anywho, whatever happened to hiring mcmillan as the defensive guy?

:lol: I'm listening to the Lakers exit interviews and everyones been talking for like 10-15 minutes and Ebanks just came on and only had 2 questions asked and about a minute and a half of speaking

All series long, Dwight was getting hammered all series with absolutely no sympathy from the officials. Not saying he deserves a pass for how he handled his frustration, but I don't think it's a big deal as some people are making it out to be.

You and I watched the same series.

I pointed it out all series long, EVERY play, Dwight is tangled with multiple bodies, nothing called. He goes to a spot, bumps a guy too hard, foul on him. :smh:

Sometimes those calls happen, he has to work thru that, life goes on, but all series long, the Spurs did nothing but foul him. Nothing. Pop made a great adjustment, if the refs call it closer, that whole team fouls out, the refs let it go, and the Spurs get away with murder.

Then we touch foul and the whistles blow like crazy. See the Manu calls, or the Duncan lay up over Goude and Morris.

Dwight has to fight thru it tho. I can get being frustrated, but I can't back him on letting it affect his play, got to be mentally stronger.
I am Licensed To BaLL and I do not agree with this message.

Unless the Lakers are able to dump Steve Nash and Blake's salary, they will be the starting and backup PG's next year. No need to pickup anymore aside from the draft.

At SHOOTING GUARD: If Lakers don't pickup Jodie Meeks option at 1.5M, make a run at[COLOR=#red] JR Smith. [/COLOR] He's a shooter. That's all we need to know. :lol:

You have to get Melo first....then JR its a package deal :lol:

I really want Gerald Henderson from Charlotte is there a chance they could want Pau since they have MKG? :nerd:

I have a feeling Clark will "Ariza" us.

View media item 387304
Well, here it goes, my season review. What a tumultuous season. To call it a roller coaster would be an understatement. The more appropriate analogy would be Denzel Washington in Flight with all the things that happened. The team dealt with new players, the Princeton offense, Mike Brown getting fired five games into the season, Phil Jackson flirting, Mike D'Antoni getting hired, identity issues, a slew of injuries, a valiant run to the playoffs and getting swept in the first round.

The obvious priority this summer is Dwight. He has his faults, but moving forward the Lakers need to re-sign him. He wasn't entirely healthy this season, yet he showed glimpses of his past form post-February. I hope with a summer to improve his health, skills and most importantly his mind, he'll get back to his superstar level.

Beyond Dwight, the roster needs an injection of youth, athleticism, shooting, depth and defense. It's been an issue with the roster for three seasons now and it's resulted in being swept in the playoffs in two of the past three seasons. The problem is the lack of assets to address the issues that have plagued the roster. There's basically the draft, the amnesty clause, the mini-MLE and whatever trade value Pau holds.

The Lakers have a measly second round draft pick, which more than likely won't amount to much. Then again, Kupchak and co. have found gems in past drafts in the second round. But I'm not holding my breath.

Only Kobe, Pau, MWP and Blake are eligible for the amnesty clause. As much money as it will save the franchise, no way they can use it on Kobe or Pau. I guess the popular choice is to use the amnesty clause on MWP, but I think that might be a mistake. He had his ups and downs, but for the most part he was serviceable this season. I know serviceable isn't saying much, especially for a guy slated to make $7.7 million next season. But on such a limited roster, I think the Lakers will have to keep him. I'd just prefer he play the bulk of his minutes at power forward and be moved to the bench. The other option is to use the amnesty on Blake. Once he returned from his injury, I thought he did a nice job getting the team into sets, knocking down threes and pestering opposing point guards. I could see him getting the axe however since the backcourt needs an overhaul. I wouldn't be mad if the team decided not to use the amnesty clause though.

The mini-MLE will be granted to the Lakers. That should amount to about $3.1 million. I think that's a fine yearly salary for a lot of role players, but it's likely only to be a one year deal which will turn players off. There's a few guys I like, which I'll delve into soon enough.

Pau. :frown: I loved what he's done for the team and just him as a player, but it's best for both sides to move on. His defense is abysmal and the rash of injuries are worrisome. The guy is as skilled as any player and he wants to be featured more. That's not happening here, so good-bye. I'd like to get back two decent rotation players that expire in 2014 for him, but it'll be difficult.

Kobe, eh. It's a devastating injury to any player, much less one his age and workload. I don't know if he'll be ready by opening night, but I'm sure he'll rehab like a maniac. Maybe Christmas would be a more optimistic return date. He's going to have to re-invent himself which scares and intrigues me. We'll see.

On D'Antoni, he never had a chance with the fans. With the open flirtation with Phil and what not, the fans were never going to accept him. His demeanor and humor rubbed many the wrong way. His rotations were questionable, but it should be kept in mind the Lakers were fighting for a playoff seed. He couldn't give Morris 15 meaningful minutes and expect the Lakers to come out alright. I thought he did a good job adjusting the SSOL system in January when he went to the Kobe System. :lol: With an entire summer to install the system and get the right personnel, I hope it all works out.

All in all, management will be challenged this summer to improve the team.

Is this because of the relatively high expectations??

At least during the Smush era, yall knew what was coming 
ohwell.gif

Exactly why. During the Smush era I used to watch the games with low expectations so the W's would be great and the L's would not be surprising. But this season I would always think that they would eventually figure things out, and they never did.

All series long, Dwight was getting hammered all series with absolutely no sympathy from the officials. Not saying he deserves a pass for how he handled his frustration, but I don't think it's a big deal as some people are making it out to be.

You and I watched the same series.

I pointed it out all series long, EVERY play, Dwight is tangled with multiple bodies, nothing called. He goes to a spot, bumps a guy too hard, foul on him. :smh:

Sometimes those calls happen, he has to work thru that, life goes on, but all series long, the Spurs did nothing but foul him. Nothing. Pop made a great adjustment, if the refs call it closer, that whole team fouls out, the refs let it go, and the Spurs get away with murder.

Then we touch foul and the whistles blow like crazy. See the Manu calls, or the Duncan lay up over Goude and Morris.

Dwight has to fight thru it tho. I can get being frustrated, but I can't back him on letting it affect his play, got to be mentally stronger.
I am Licensed To BaLL and I do not agree with this message.

:stoneface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom