[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers got decisions to make. KB says he shattered the recovery time. nd I seen a article saying Dominque Wilkins average a career high in point after he torn his achilles. 29.1. KB will be back for sure opening night. If u do the math from when kobe was injured. He's not rushing back by any means. With a healthy year from steve nash and a more dominate role from pau. returning jordan hill and farmer. adding nick young and wesley johnson. we can fit the mold of a playoff squad. Once we get to the playoffs. u have KB. KB still unstoppable. and your going to see next year.

It would be helpful if Kobe let's Nash run the offense. This year Kobe needs to be extra patient with his teammates. Both Nash and Gasol have pride and i really believe they will have a great seasons. If Young and Johnson can produce, we are a lock to make the playoffs. But when I think about our defense, everything that I just said doesn't mean ****. God help us all.

Last edited:
Pointing to the 04 Pistons and 11 Mavs is the 10% side of sports fellas.

I deal in real.

I'm lookin at the 90% side of things. Sorry that cup is more full.

Know it all or not.

I already said hope for best, college try, etc. But realistically, we're going to be in the 90% part of the equation. Doesn't mean we quit, just is what it is.

90% isn't 100%.
That's the whole point.
Don't act like it is.

Spurs making the finals last year was also the "10% side of sports" as well.
I'd love to hear where anyone but maybe one or two people predicted pre-season that their old *** team would end up one 3 point shot away from beating the Miami Heat in the Finals.

Again... we're not very good. I understand that. Im not saying were going to the finals :lol:
We might not even make the playoffs like you guys are saying.

But stop being sarcastic and stop calling people delusional in subtle ways just because they see it as a little more than a 10% chance.
Not everyone in the world is as big of a pessimist. No ones being arrogant about their views so why be arrogant towards us?

And yes, saying you "deal in the real" is a subtle arrogant way of saying you guys are delusional and just dont understand the real world.
Stop it.

No one is saying we're a contender. We're far from that. All he's clearly saying is that if injuries happen, trades go down (Pau possibly?) mid-season, and some shots fall for us, some shots miss for others, who knows what can happen in the standings? We might go up, we might go down. But why act like your a psychic about it? I didn't know Miss Cleo was on NT. Just relax and let people hope for the best. We certainly are all prepared for the worst. Trust me. I can see a 25-57 season just as much as I can see a 40-44 season or a 46-36 season... anything can happen man.

We gotta see what these young guys you gave so much praise to "Jim Buss" for signing are capable of before we can draw any real conclusions. Lets see what these dudes have before we call it a season and go on vacation.

Last edited:
We'll go with P's poll in the mean time.
It was a great idea.

Which running gag has made you guys cringe the most in the last 10 years? :lol:

Im having trouble deciding between DFish lay-ups and Metta Dribbling. Both were so :x

I don't know why I got that feeling that this current team would be able to perform better than last season's( IF all players are healthy) :rolleyes I know our defense would be bad but did we really stop anybody last season?

Last edited:
No one is saying we're a contender. We're far from that

Dude had us with homecourt advantage bruh. (4 seed) :lol:

Spurs making the finals last year was also the "10% side of sports" as well.

The team that was up 2-0 in the WCF the year before is part of the "out of nowhere" 10%? The hell? :lol:

But stop being sarcastic and stop calling people delusional in subtle ways just because they see it as a little more than a 10% chance.
Not everyone in the world is as big of a pessimist.

Ya know what's funny? Someone says 2014 plan is in process, and we will be back very soon, that person gets yelled at day after day and told to shut the hell up, it's not happening, etc etc etc.

Who was who in that scenario? :nerd:

Mike D can coach, give him a shot moreso than Mike Brown.

Who was who in that scenario? :nerd:

Boy, I sure am the leader of the pessimistic world, ain't I?

There is no arrogance over here, I assure you. Sarcastic, well, we're hardly letting the cat out of the bag there, I'm an ***hole. Sue me. :lol:

Sorry man, but 16 teams make the playoffs every year, and before each season you can safely name 14-15 of them, every single year. The NBA is RARELY tough to figure out. It's been this way since the 80's. So I can't be all that sorry for looking over the NBA landscape and saying yeah, we'll be lucky to make it. Because that's just how the league is. Unless a team has a true breakdown in health, it's very hard for a team to drop 5-6 spots, meaning all the teams ahead of us should remain safely there, especially given that we got worse as a team, not better this offseason.

In 2007-08 everyone was hopeful, looking for improvement, we had room to move up, Bynum was growing as a player, Kobe was in his late 20's, the prime of his life, as was Lamar Odom. Phil was in charge. We had young backups in Farmar and Sasha that we hoped would improve. When we got Ariza, we really got hopeful as our young core got yet another piece to play with. Crittenton had some fans early.

This roster don't have that. Our best players are dying. The youth we do have, have limited ceilings. We don't have a blue chip type like Bynum that can make a huge leap for us. I'm not bein a ****, I'm telling you the facts one after another. And yet my man had us in the 4 seed. :lol: Maaaaaan, how you gon be mad at me for that mess?

Nothin arrogant bro, I speak what I think, when I think it. I don't go off half cocked, I don't sway from what my beliefs are, I study patterns, read the landscape, etc. It's why I don't worry about 2014, yet you all yellin at me as a pessimist are the ones doomin and gloomin 2014. So relax. Not about bein optimist v pessimist. It's just us choppin it up about the Lakers in our Laker thread. Just cuz I'm a smart *** wise guy don't mean I'm a complete ***hole. Well, I am, but you know what I mean. :lol:

Last edited:
I just don't get why you always HAVE to be right though. You can't even admit that you at least understand what were trying to say. At the very least P still says that he "gets" what is being said, even if he doesn't agree with it.

But you? You don't see it. In everything that we've said you don't understand or get one thing we've said. Or at least you do but you just don't wanna admit it.

I've said numerous times I see both sides. I agree with points being made from both sides. We aren't a great team, that's obvious. I can admit it. But what are you admiting to? Nothing. You laugh at my statements and then proceed to continue pushing your same thoughts in the conversation. I mean damn. We get it man, you're a realist. But it doesn't mean you have to be stubborn.

At least try and see what people are trying to say. We're not as far apart as you make it seem on this current topic. The only difference is you project extreme certainty in your opinions and were open to anything happening. Why is that so hard to understand? We know our team is horrible. But why would anyone of us say for certain what seed were goin to be before a single game is played? What's wrong with one dude just hoping, not predicting, but just hoping that things work out and we slide to 6,5,4 in some miraculous way. No one said were gonna be a 4 for sure. No one but you is saying anything with any certainty. We're not psychics man. If we were we'd all be rich as ****. Word to 2chainz.

Lets just say we suck, which we do right now very much so...but if Kobe comes back on roids and we out score some teams we may squeeze our way into the playoffs. And with some luck, a lot of it, maybe even more. Maybe not. Probably not. But who knows? No one.

That covers all of our bases. Why is that so hard to genuinely agree with? I say genuinely because I don't want anyone to just say "fine" when they don't mean it. Is that not a fair final conclusion to the topic?

mwp dribbling like bees were chasing him >>

my man metta running down the court, cue to :48 - 1:10 of the clip

Man, I said we could be in the 7-8 mix, or fall short (9-10 range) or fall off completely (tank without tanking).

How are you seeing that as me being "extremely certain"? :lol:

Only thing I'm "certain" of is we won't have homecourt. 1-4.

Nice poll.

Gotta be Metta dribbling or the 2 dudes who never learned how to make a layup.

The Machine and Luke Walton options actually weren't cringe worthy at the time. Sasha could/would drop 14 in a quarter so I never cringed at that. Walton was a decent starter for a while, especially the 06-07 season. I think he was even at the top of 3-point shooting for the first month or two.

Last edited:
I voted for Metta. Dwight's post game has always been trash. But it's plain sad seeing Metta trying to dribble past someone.

I voted for Fish's layups. I turned it into a semi-popular hashtag on Twitter during games. #DerekFisherLayup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom