[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way we not going to do ishhh next season if we still got D'Antoni with Dwight or not. The West way too deep i really feel bad for Kobe cause Jerry *** up his chance to get a 6th Chip basically tank this coming season...the hopes of getting Bron in 2014 is like trying to find water in the desert.

Agreed - D'Antoni is trash.

I'm probably in the vast minority on here thinking that this team can compete in the West next season if Dwight comes back and some tweaks are made (ie moving Pau for younger wings & removing Metta). Honestly I think we would have competed last season if not for the terrible run with health we suffered. I could be just being a homer though and sleep tho.

OKC has regressed, Clips have improved but they are still the Clips, MEM is coming back solid, and Golden State is on the upswing. We still could be matchup problems for teams with a healthy squad. *shrugs*

Getting rid of D'Antoni would be a nice start though.

Last edited:
U got half of the dudes in this thread spoiled tryna sign Dwight w/ hopes of building a super team w/ lebron, Kevin love, and Michael Jordan in 2014 and the other half wanting to tank the season for a lottery pic :lol:

All the while I'm one of few that want to save cap by not resigning Dwight and adding pieces that fit the players that are already inked and committed to the franchise while we have to big contracts both left w/ 1yr :lol:

Front office need me in that thang :smokin

Happy 4th of July fellas

If Dwight comes back they could sign K-Mart , Sasha and Martell Webster and they could still compete for this one year.

Plus, they could still be competitive in 2014 with the right moves.

CP.

Question?

I understand this all in philosophy for 2015.

My issue is which one of those FAs is a franchise player? Someone that can carry a team to the promised land?

Lebron is a once in a generation player, and even he has had his struggles at points carrying that team, not to mention that big 3 took a pay cut.

And after the big 3 it's filler players.

So then what do the lakers have? Realistically?

Can afford 2 max players plus fillers?

Now I may be wrong.

But I don't see Lebron coming to the Lakers, what the plan then?

What if we snagged Rondo and Love with Dwight?

Or if he left and we blank the roster a year, sign a cheap piece or there and for some reason Durant wants out? Maybe John Wall leaves, D Rose.

Again, who saw Harden falling to the Rockets laps? **** happens.

Maybe the Magic are developing some guys for us. :lol:

Anthony morrow is absolutely trash.
I hope that's not the direction we're going.
Just at the beginning of free agency Lakers were looking at quality guys; Garcia, delfino, nick young, copeland, Collison I think..

Now morrow :x

I'm gonna throw up

I guess in Mitch we trust :lol:

Last edited:
The good thing about signing Dwight is being able to move him in 2014 once front office realizes what we've realized years ago, that Dwight doesn't have what it takes to carry the Lakers.

As much as I say he won't sign, and that I dislike the guy very much, which i still so, it's clear that for trade purposes we need an asset like Dwight...very badly.

We can build a very strong core by trading him after next season.

It would be great. Not to mention Kobe needs him for any realistic chance at a title next year. So for those reasons of course I want him to resign.

I just don't expect him to. But we'll see. Anythings possible like some of you have said.

I won't cry any tears if he leaves. I wouldn't be mad at all, because I don't believe in him as our franchise player for the next 5 years. But not having him as an asset would suck. So we really do need him to sign at that dotted line. Then we control his fate and can trade him wherever we cot damn want :pimp:

We can trade that weak hearted dude at the deadline to the Warriors for Barnes/Klay and he wouldn't even be able to do anything about it. **** we could trade him to the bobcats if we wanted and he'd have to go :lol: ...but we dont really want anything they have :lol:

Man, what I'd give to deal Dwight for Klay and Barnes. :lol: I'd even include Blake in the deal. I'm nice that way. :lol:

Klay and Barnes for Dwight?

"Offense wins games, defense wins championships."

that's as long of a rant as I feel like going on regarding this topic that I have beat ad nauseum over the years on here. :lol:

*edit* Thank you, RealF0lk. :smokin Exactly. But be prepared for some numbers about how much better those two were over Dwight last year.

Last edited:
It wasn't the point.

The point is you can trade him for whatever you like without worryin about him being happy, once he resigns.

I don't care if you like the Warriors trade it was just an example. Trade him for whatever you want in your imagination.

Point is we need him as an asset at the very least.
That should be obvious to everyone, smart or not.

2 20-21 year olds still on rookie contracts? That are highly productive with tons of upside.

Well then, I must not be thinking clearly. :lol:

[quote name="L2B"]Trade in for whatever you want in your imagination.[/quote] Dwight for LeBron and Jesus. :smokin

I'm looking at it this way and I really the only reason I want him to come back. He's our best asset to be competitive now and in the future period.

If LBJ opts out, Dwight+Kobe+Nash looks a helluva lot tempting to lure him away from Miami than Kobe+Nash. It gives us a puncher's chance to run the league for the next 8 years. To a lesser extent same with Melo, I'd like him if Dwight and Bean is here, without, no need for him.

And who is going to be the stalwart we need in the middle if we get them? Were not winning **** if we give up Dwight for those two, but instead setting up Golden State for a title run in the immediate future.

[quote name="CP"]2 20-21 year old (shooter)s still on rookie contracts? That are highly productive (on the offensive end) with tons of upside (offensively).

Well then, I must not be thinking clearly. :lol:[/quote]Correct.

And who is going to be the stalwart we need in the middle if we get them? Were not winning **** if we give up Dwight for those two, but instead setting up Golden State for a title run in the immediate future.

Homie, Klay and Barnes going to retire in 2 years? :lol:

Think maybe we could build around them over the course of the next decade?

[quote name="AG 47"][quote name="DarthSka"]Dwight for LeBron and Jesus. :smokin[/quote]The money works.[/quote]The internet no longer would. :lol:

Last edited:
Of course we won't be the favorites but I really think the west is up for grabs, can't see a team running away with it.

Durant made it to one finals and now he's penciled in for the next 5 yrs, I'm not convinced that the Thunder will be a powerhouse.

Can we get to the all star break at least before we give up on the season ?

I feel the same way. If Dwight comes back and the team is healthy, plus with a full training camp for Pringles to prepare the team I could see them being a dark horse team in an open west.

Last season damn near everything that could go wrong went wrong in terms of injuries and everything.

Even if Dwight comes back people are going to sleep on the lakers going into the season and that's a good thing imo.

Miami is going to be fatigued from 3 straight finals appearances, the west is open as well.

[quote name="CP"]2 20-21 year old (shooter)s still on rookie contracts? That are highly productive (on the offensive end) with tons of upside (offensively).

Well then, I must not be thinking clearly. :lol:
Correct.[/quote]

I know, I remember how great Kobe and LeBron were defensively, at 21.

Or Pierce and Ray Allen.

Dirk.

Shaq.

TMac.

Durant hasn't grown as a defender neither.

But hey, these two will never improve, ever. :lol:

Shoulda flipped d12 at the deadline last yr...d12 for 2 young and athletic wings?? Do it yesturday. Matter of fact, where do I sign up? 2 athletic wings and league average centet who can shoot FTS amd convert spoon fed passes>>>> just d12 and mwp/no kobe.

Apparently Warriors are trying to clear cap space to sign Dwight outright. If the Lakers are stupid enough to let that happen and not get any assets like Barnes and Klay back, Jim is offically dead to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom